I want it even though I’d never shoot it

273-colt-45-2-9f43ed66-sz500x858-animate

This entry was posted in Cool Pics, Guns. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to I want it even though I’d never shoot it

1. asm826 says:

This, or any gun, stops being a gun when someone puts it under glass to never be shot again. At that point they are just artifacts. You might as well be collecting little glass figurines or china plates.

I want it, but I would shoot it, at least occasionally. The only guns that should not shot are the ones that are so old or so worn that they have become unsafe.

That particular gun was designed to be a collector judging by all the engraving and there are folks that collect Colt SAA like figurines or china. As soon as you pull the hammer back and mar the cylinder, it’s lost value.
      Not my thing, that’s for sure.

2. Roger says:

A magnificent Bisley Colt.
    I would never shoot it either.
    However for MOST firearms, keeping
    them unfired and pristine is like
    having a magnificent trophy wife
    and keeping her a virgin to preserve
    her perfection. :-)

3. Jim22 says:

Nice Colt. It looks like you are a Colt man.

I like the new banner, too. It made me think you like Colt – with the 1911 and the M4. I expect the rifle is a civilian version.

The Walther is another story.

Or is this a stock photo?

I don’t really want to know. Just wonderin’.

Can’t remember where I got the photo, been sitting in my Patriot folder for quite some time.
      I carry a 1911 for sure, even had a Colt tattoo for a while until I had it covered because they pissed me off a few years ago by deciding to not sell to the civilian market anymore to avoid lawsuits.
      Love the 1911 design and ease of smithing, but if I could afford to I’d be carrying a clone made by a company that supports the 2nd (like III Arms) instead of one that backed down from the lawsuits.

4. Ken says:

Sweet!!!

Would you believe I’ve never shot a Peacemaker? Ever? Not even the 3rd Gen?
      They’re a beautiful piece of machinery but even the collectors will tell you they’re fairly fragile and won’t hold up to a lot of abuse. That’s why my SA is a Ruger – I couldn’t break that fucker if I tried.

• Guairdean says:

Find a SASS match and ask how delicate a Peacemaker is. I can’t afford them, but a friend has a brace with a few thousand rounds through each. None have ever flinched, much less broken. I’ll agree that a Ruger is a fine weapon, but a Colt is no pantywaist..

As I posted in another comment, I’ve never shot one, much less owned one so I can’t speak from experience. That’s only what I heard and that’s from folks that have owned and used them.
          Not condemning the weapon in any way shape or form, you know.

5. brontobike says:

Beautiful.
    But I saw an even more beautiful weapon in Springfield MO over the summer.
    An H&H double rifle in .700 Nitro Express. Incredblie engraving all over. And by the wear on the recoil pad you could tell this had been someone’s shooter.
    I’ve got some photos.

6. Sara says:

That’s purdy… but yeah, I would have to shoot it.