To Serve…..

A sheriff’s deputy who shot dead a 13-year-old Californian boy after mistaking his fake AK-47 for a real gun opened fire before his partner was even able to get out of the patrol car, it has emerged.
Andy Lopez was shot seven times in a Santa Rosa parking lot by Sonoma County Sheriff’s Deputy Erick Gelhaus after police received reports of a suspicious person.
Accounts of just how quickly the shooting took place have been bolstered by investigators confirming that a second officer, a trainee, stayed at the wheel of the police car while Gelhaus approached the boy.
According to the Press Democrat, Santa Rosa police Lieutenant Paul Henry said that within seconds Gelhaus ordered the teenager to drop the weapon before his partner could take cover behind the open door of the vehicle.
The account seems to back up eyewitness claims and dispatch records that claim that only ten seconds elapsed between Gelhaus confronting Lopez and shooting him.

*****

The officer was a firearms instructor and also an author that wrote several articles for SWAT Magazine among others. The newspaper article I read yesterday gave several excerpts from his articles and from what I read, he doesn’t give a shit about anybody else’s life, only his own.
Read the article that I linked to – there’s a few of those excerpts there. Judge for yourself. Myself, I hope his writings turn around and bite him in the ass.
Fuck him and his kind.

This entry was posted in To Serve.... Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to To Serve…..

1. charles w says:

No recording equipment in the car. How convenient. How do we know he didn’t take the orange tip off the kids gun?

2. I hope more cops are trained to take cover behind car doors.

3. Woofman says:

It was not a toy gun. It was a pellet gun that does not require the orange tip.

4. riverrider says:

i saw the gun on the news last night. about the last 4 inches of the barrel was broken off the gun. before or after is anyone’s guess….a thousand years ago (it seems) when i was a cop, we were taught it was better to hesitate and take our chances with fate rather than have a “bad shoot.” in bad shoot’s, cops went to jail, if they lived that long. i know there were plenty of opportunities for a “righteous shoot” but i preferred to wait an extra second or too to be sure, and it worked out in my favor. i saw it going bad in ’89 and left for the mil.

5. Mike S says:

Orange tip or not it doesn’t matter. If someone is behind you yelling most people are going to turn around and look, which should have been expected. Although I was not there, I highly doubt this young man took up a fighting stance and aimed the toy at the deputies. Seems to me this kid was shot for turning around to see who the hell was yelling at him. The deputy turned on his “mean gene” and smoked this kid out of paranoia, fear or something. Maybe he forgot he is in what’s left of America and not Iraq.

6. MoreKowBell says:

You’ve got a really cool blog, but be careful Kenny… When your are, or honestly believe you are about to be imminently targeted with a highly destructive shoulder weapon in an involuntary gun battle, I’ll wager even you, under these circumstances “wouldn’t give a shit about anybody else’s life only [your] own”.

No shit there, but I don’t walk out into the street every day with that in mind. Granted, it’s always in the back of my mind but never first and foremost.

• The cops are paid to take the risk. They should have approached the kid from the front with empty hands.
      If they don’t want the risk, fine, then it is time to end the excessive pay, platinum benefits, and make sure they don’t touch a dime of pension money until they hit 67.

7. Rob says:

Weelll…….I dunno.

I used to live in Santa Rosa, and that neighborhood is fulla illegals and heavy crime.

That kid is awful big for a 13-year-old, and that “toy” is a dead ringer for an AK.

Finally, the monster rally protesting the shooting was transparently organized and staffed by assorted Marxist “immigration” organizations, and a useful rule of thumb for the last 40 years or so is that whatever they’re against, I’m probably in favor of. And vice versa.

I’ve known lotsa people who just don’t like cops, and I’ve heard the arguments most of my life. I don’t disagree that there are bad ones, but in my experience I favor the cops over the other guys. Chaos is ugly, and the boys and girls in the blue suits have got my vote.

My opinion.

The cop was shooting before his partner even got out of the car.
      Before his partner even got out of the car…… within 10 seconds of calling it in.
      The kid had his back to him, the cop hollered, the kid turned to see who was hollering and was shot dead.
      Sorry. No excuse.

8. riverrider says:

seven rounds. it took seven rounds to counter the threat of a 13 y/o boy?