Quiz for the day…
What does Obamacare and the Trabant have in common???
First of all, you probably haven’t a clue as to what a Trabant is. It was an automobile built in East Germany in the late 50’s through the 80’s by the Communist government. For most of its life, it had a 600cc engine producing 18 horsepower. No…that is not a clerical error. 18.
They have the following in common:
1. They both are archaic.
2. They both are engineering failures.
3. They both were designed by individuals who were clueless as to how to engineer something that worked consistently.
4. They both are poked fun at. It took a few years for the Trabant to be laughed at, the healthcare program, in a few days.
5. The Trabant is “often cited as an example of the disadvantages of centralized planning.” “Trabantcare” should be.
6. Ordering a Trabant took a very long time. Ditto with Trabantcare.
7. Time magazine considered the Trabant one of the 50 worst cars ever built. Time has yet to write about Trabantcare.
8. They both are shunned by people who appreciate things which are engineered properly.
9. They both are laughed at.
10. With its 2 cycle engine running that smokes like a chain saw, the Trabant stinks. Ditto with Trabantcare.
1. You can laugh at a Trabant and then go by a real car, one that is up to date, modern, and works efficiently. You can laugh at Trabantcare until you are forced to buy it and then, you will cry.
Perhaps when Trabantcare is repaired, then it will ascend to the level of Yugocare or maybe… Gremlincare…