Damn that Yosemite Sam

President Barack Obama’s nominee to serve as the U.S. surgeon general, a 36-year-old physician who has attracted criticism for his anti-gun advocacy, complained to a newspaper in 1994 that ‘society’s preoccupation with firearms’ comes from ‘fiery gun battles’ on Saturday morning cartoons.
Dr. Vivek Murthy, who founded Doctors for Obama in 2008 – a group that later changed its name to ‘Doctors for America – was a graduating high school senior at the time, one of several valedictorians the Miami Herald interviewed.
‘Vivek Murthy, 16, of Palmetto High, takes television cartoons to task’ for ‘the growing problem of kids and violence,’ according to the Herald.
‘Today, a typical elementary student wakes up on Saturday mornings to fiery gun battles, explosive scenes of terror and the violent decimation of the “bad guy” – all this in a children’s cartoon,’ Murthy said then.
‘With such destructive influence, society’s preoccupation with firearms and brutal methods of conflict resolution is no surprise.’

About Wirecutter

III Percenter to the fucking core, trying to stay one step ahead of my wife Miss Lisa and my liberal dog CharlieGodammit and his old lady, Li'l Lucy.
This entry was posted in Gun Control, Politics, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Damn that Yosemite Sam

1. hiswiserangel says:
    I’m more of an Elmer Fudd rabbit season/duck season kind of girl…
  2. Davedog says:
    That rat bastard Yosemite has certainly been a bad influence on me!!
  3. Heck I grew up in the 60s & 70s in Miami, watching The Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, Rawhide, Buggsbunny and Daffy Duck, Yosimitie Sam, Road Runner and Coyote and never once pulled my gun out of anger from watching TV. Hell I’ve managed to even be self employed starting my 27th year this month. And this is why I say God Bless America, f€ you obama!
  4. JimB says:
    Yeah, and i’ll just bet you old vivek would suck a dick as long as your arm and call you “shorty” afterwards. He’s the kind of pussified assholes that’s all gung ho for arms control until the shooting starts then he’s kissing ass , or should I say “sucking ass” trying to get somebody to save his spineless ass. Fuck you pussyboy!!!!!!!!
  5. Chris C. says:
    I’m pretty sure I realized that cartoons bore no resemblance to the real world by the time I was six, much less sixteen. As has been said many times (by many people) before, only a liberal could believe something that stupid. I wonder if he still has a night light in his bedroom.
  6. Ogrrre says:
    Stupid f*ck probably wants to ban pianos, refrigerators, and anvils, too! And, while they’re at it, they’d better do some landscaping, evening out the land. How many cliffs did the coyote fall off of? After all, according to this dingleberry, kids can’t tell the difference between a cartoon and real life. And, apparently, they don’t grow any smarter as they become adults.
  7. Cheesy says:
    ” founded Doctors for Obama in 2008″ Reason enough to shoot his nomination DEAD.
  8. Dobro Player says:
    It always surprises and frightens me how many doctors are idiots.