Well, Merry Christmas to me!

Yeah man, I got dressed this morning and decided to wear a pair of lace-up cowboy boots that I haven’t worn in a year or better, I don’t know why, maybe I was just feeling fashionable or something. I thought they were kinda heavy when I picked them up but blew it off only to find out when I tried to put them on there was my badass Vortex flashlight in one boot and two 25 round bags of heavy hunting reloads in 41 magnum in the other. I was wondering what had happened to that flashlight – Derek had sent to me a few years ago and I love that thing. It’ll blind a motherfucker out to 50 yards.
I started checking other boots and bigger than shit there was gear and ammo in every one. I must’ve packed it in them when we moved and forgot about it. Either that or I’m sleepwalking. I’m pretty sure I’m not tweeking.
But yeah, I ended up with a couple hundred rounds of handgun ammo in various calibers.

This entry was posted in True Stories, Wirecutter, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Well, Merry Christmas to me!

1. Terry says:

You got lace on your cowboy boots? Well, it is Kalifornia.
    (beat Angel to it)

2. Rebecca says:

You are AWESOME!!! Was reading the lonely libertarian and wound up here. Insightful, right on, and hilarious all at the same time – LOVE IT!

3. livin to ride says:

bought a unit at a storage auction awhile back
    buried in the back corner was a big red tool box 3’d 3’w ‘L
    2 muzzle loaders(very old)on top bottom was half ammo other half was reloading eqip and supplies. under all of it was a very nice 45
    gave most all the rest of the stuff in the unit away

i also have hid stuff in old boots – clothes and forgot about it for a few years
    aint it fun finding stuff you forgot about

4. Boone says:

That’s as good as finding gold, what with ammo prices these days.

5. Critter says:

Dammit. Now I need to go check my sock drawer.

6. Tony Tsquared says:

I know how you feel. My 77 year old mother asked me to clean out the closet in her garage last month. I found 4 unopened bricks of 22LR and a 500 carton that may be missing 50 rounds – all of this is over 25 years old and in perfect condition. I also found 3 boxes of 20 gauge birdshot and 1 box of 20 gauge single 0 buckshot that had about 20 shells in it. Too bad I don’t have a 20 anymore.

7. Steven says:

lace on your cowboy boots?
    Naw I would have gone with zipper boots.
    And 41 mag? That’s soo early 80s :)
    I saw frikin snow this AM. NC.

8. Tim P. says:

My wife says I am getting to the age where I can hide my own Easter eggs…sounds like you are right there with me.

9. Timbo says:

I’m pretty sure xanax can cause sleep walking – and I have a vague memory of you saying you keep that shit around. ?
    Or you’re just getting old and forgetful, like the rest of us!

10. Rob in Katy says:

I don’t want to pile on here, but “lace up cowboy boots?” Never heard of them here in Texas…but then we don’t lose our ammo either…not that we admit to anyway ;)

11. Ian Restil says:

The key point is the .41 Mag. I had reasonably high esteem for you prior to this (minus points for the PDRoK affiliation, and the occasional less-than-the-highest deference to Miz Angel), but this has significantly increased said esteem. Only the most discerning hominids appreciate the many and splendid attributes of the .41 Magnum. Kudos to you, sir!

I love my 41. I bought that fucker back in the mid to late 80s, have fired a couple thousand horsed up loads through it and am continuously amazed at the performance and versatility of that round. Flatter and faster than a 44 magnum with plenty of thump behind the bang. And on top of everything else, it’s a flat out fucking joy to reload for. Would you believe I have never fired a factory round through my 41?

12. Sara says:

I usually find some cash stashed in a pocket in the fall when I pull the jacket back out. You win.