Colorado students recite the Pledge in arabic

The principal at Rocky Mountain High School in Fort Collins, Colorado, is facing a hailstorm of criticism from some very angry parents and residents.

The school recites the Pledge of Allegiance weekly, on Mondays. Last Monday, a member of their “Cultural Arms Club” led the student body in an Arabic version of the pledge, replacing the words “under God” with “under Allah.”

Principal Tom Lopez denies any attempt to push an Islamic agenda, saying, “These students love this country. They were not being un-American in trying to do this. They believed they were accentuating the meaning of the words as spoken regularly in English.”

Principal Lopez doesn’t make any sense. Speaking unintelligible words in Arabic in some way accentuates their meaning? That is an extremely weak argument in defense of an ill-advised decision.

He said the cultural clubs seeks to “destroy the barriers, embrace the cultures” that exist within the high school.

That would translate into “destroy the barriers to Islam and embrace it,” correct, Mr. Lopez?
Thanks to Bobo the Hobo

This entry was posted in islam, News, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Colorado students recite the Pledge in arabic

1. Dave says:

I’m thinking Principal Tom Lopez needs to be air dropped into afghanistan, sans parachute!

2. JimB says:

I think “lopez” needs to be chased back to mehico with a big fucking stick. God dam fucking Mexicans and their horse shit theories. Go teach it in mexico and we’ll be reading about some
    asshole teacher getting his bag slit and his leg run through it.

3. Jeff says:

Lopez is a liar and full of shit. FOAD

4. Deb says:

“destroy the barriers, embrace the cultures”. If that is their intent, then destroy the barrier by all means and embrace the AMERICAN culture that is the Pledge of Allegiance.

5. Eric says:

Reading things like this that make me thankful I won’t live long enough watch the America end at the hands of idiot liberals like this fuckstick.

• Lofty says:

Yes my dear fellow, me too.

But……..I look at my darling grandchildren, and I am sorrowful that liberal pantywaists will structure an unbearable world for my future family.

I am trying to teach them to not be victims, and compliant sycophants, but to stand tall, not be afraid of speaking out, but the world is full of sooks and hand wringers which I fear will over power our sweeties.

Sigh.

6. BMello says:

Isn’t the real problem that kids are being indoctrinated with the pledge in the first place? Pledging allegiance to a flag always struck me as quite nationalistic. I pledge my allegiance to freedom and the idea that we are all endowed by our creators with certain unalienable rights. Creator can mean whatever or whomever the fuck you want it to.