A tad overloaded, I’d say.

buff-out-14I used to drive a 1964 Chevy C-20 pickup and I swear that motherfucker would haul as much as I could pile in it. It had coil springs all the way around and one time I loaded that motherfucker down with gravel to where it was falling over the top of the bed. When I left the gravel yard I weighed it and my 3/4 ton pickup was carrying a ton and a half and drove almost like it was empty.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A tad overloaded, I’d say.

1. madminute says:

all they produce these days is CRAAAAP!

2. Nic says:

Sounds like my 1970 K10 it would pull/haul anything I made it. That “landscapers” truck one the other hand…..

3. Brad_in_MA says:

Ken,
    I offer you the following . . . .

4. MW@PNG says:

That’s a GM Holden in Brisbane, Queensland’ Australia. Looks about a 1995 model.

5. Chris from Canada says:

Ken, I had a 67 GMC that would do anything I asked of it. It was a 6 cylinder with a 3 speed column shift. It would start at 30 below with no problems and would haul whatever I wanted to put in the back.
    I hated to part with it but had no choice. It lasted another 3 years and then ended life by being rolled into a ditch while carrying a motorcycle in the back as well as all the guy’s roofing equipment and tools plus pulling a trailer with a 70 Mustang on it. The guy was moving from one side of the country to the other. He was drunk and drove into the ditch, killing my truck, his bike and the car. The trailer was a write-off as well.
    I still miss that truck.

6. crazyeighter says:

Phssthpok —

Must have inspired this commercial.

7. Greybeard says:

We loaded my ’68 C20 up with so many bricks (hey, the city was tearing up an old street and was giving them away) once that the front end floated – come out of a dip or over a bump and the front tires would lift off the ground and settle back down slowly. Damn thing didn’t miss a beat, and she has over 300,000 miles on her now. Don’t make shit like that anymore.

8. Paulie says:

Back in the mid ’70s I had a ’68 Chevy C10 that I used in my first business venture: “Young man with pickup truck to do odd jobs, haul anything, you name it.” Three on the tree and I could never overload it. Carried loam, gravel, bricks, firewood, furniture… I put plywood sides on it to give me another two feet of height and gave me a world class education in geometry learning how to pack stuff. Awesome truck. Held up well in a couple of crashes, too.

9. Magilla says:

Another ad, this time from Australia