Airport and landing field information

It’s a sure bet that if martial law is declared, or if we’re invaded, or whatever, the first things that will be seized are going to be the media outlets and the local airports – one to control the news going out and the other to transport supplies or base their aircraft.
There’s a handy little tool available to give you the details on your local airport, it’s called AirNav and it gives you all the information that a pilot (or “curious” Patriot) needs, and I do mean all the information you need. Here’s an example about my local airport:
.......airport
(Click the pic to enlarge)

That’s just a small sample of what it offers. You want radio frequencies? It’s there. Satellite pictures and/or maps? Average traffic? What weights the runways can handle? Nearby obstructions? How it’s lit? All of it is there. It even gives you distance to nearby airports and landing fields, whether they’re private or public.
There’s a fair amount of crop dusting businesses in this area and it lists every one that I know about as well.

Keep in mind this is a just a tool. Don’t rely strictly on this, you’ve got to go out and eyeball it yourself. Do your recons. Find out how it can be approached on foot, what cover and concealment is available, nearest roads, etc. A word of caution: Don’t get caught taking pictures – the feds take a dim view of that.

I’ll leave you with this bit of wisdom: Without heavy machine guns or shoulder fired missiles, it’s a hell of a lot easier to destroy aircraft on the ground than it is while they’re attacking you. Enough said.

Here;s the link: http://airnav.com/airports/

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, III Percenter, Patriots. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Airport and landing field information

1. I found something similar for ship traffic / marine vessels in and around the port. Here is the link below for Tampa Bay FL. Hope this is useful info for gathering info in your AO.

2. jay352 says:

“Without heavy machine guns or shoulder fired missiles,” Sounds like the first items on the SHTF shopping list.

3. JDawg says:

Won’t a lot of these small airports have fueled private jets idling and ready for take off? I envision 24 hours before the SHTF, all of the elites will be scampering to get out of Dodge and head to their island refuges just before things get very ugly. A bunch of cars parked on the runways would prevent takeoffs and landings. Just sayin’

4. TreetopFlyer7 says:

A word to the wise: Many Patriots own light aircraft, and have incorporated them into our bug-out plans. If you make an uninformed and capricious decision to “destroy an aircraft on the ground” at my airport without full certainty of your target, your efforts will be met by a very competent and overwhelming response, even at our sleepy little country airport. Be very, VERY sure of what you’re doing before contemplating action of this type. And I would venture a guess that most citizens do NOT know enough about aviation and airplanes to make this judgement.

Believe it or not, most citizens do know the difference between military and civilian aircraft. If you’re not bright enough to figure out that’s what I was talking about, you need to be at sesamestreet.com, not here.

• TreetopFlyer7 says:

Our State Police use plain white Cessna 182s with innocuous N-numbers. The FBI and ICE often use plain-jane Citation jets with no identifying markings. Shall I go on?

Which is why I said do your recons. That’s not just checking the area, that’s also checking what’s inside. Besides, once the airfield is taken over by the federal government or occupying army, there’s going to be damned little if any civilian traffic going in and out. But the way I understand it, you’re saying that all airports and aircraft should be off limits because Patriot owned aircraft may or may not be using it? Sorry, but if there’s military aircraft, particularly attack aircraft, parked on the field, they’re a target, I don’t care if they’re painted pussy pink.
          I don’t know of anybody that’s going to be shooting at or destroying civilian aircraft. That’s just downright criminal as well as counter productive – you don’t want to piss off the people that aren’t involved. That would be like destroying power stations that service people’s homes. You do that and YOU become the enemy to them.
          You took this post to mean that any and all aircraft on any and all airfields should be targeted. Any reasonable person would’ve seen that ain’t the case.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

I spent many yrs working the airport at Boise, both commercial and private. We had all kinds of fedgov aircraft come in; from old USMC OV-10’s now used by DEA, huge unmarked USN spy planes who made a habit of parking next to UPS 727’s rather than on the military side of the airport, etc, we knew what they were.
            And here you have a guy with a little Cessna or Piper Cub who gets all indignant you might blow up his puddlejumper! I think a good set of binos would clear up real quick who the pilot was, and THEN take appropriate action.

• TreetopFlyer7 says:

Points taken. I’m just always surprised at how many folks think anything with “USAF” painted on the side is therefore actually owned by the Air Force. Just wanted to pass along the reminder that it ain’t necessarily so. Thanks for this topic, and all the others.

There’s a couple of old military aircraft at Modesto’s airport too, or at least there used to be. I do understand what you’re saying and I do hope others check things out before the shooting starts.
              Sorry for being so cranky, my fucking jaw still hurts from my dental work yesterday.

• TreetopFlyer7 says:

Here’s a Navy jet at a local airport: http://www.airventure.de/oshkosh05/warbirds_jets/osh05_l-39_1956.jpg

Except it’s NOT a Navy jet. It’s 100% privately owned and operated, for fun. There are over 300 of these Czech L-39s operating in the USA, many in military paint schemes. And there are many, many other types, too, from Harriers to C-130s, all operated by private owners as a hobby. YOU might detect this subtlety, but many folks will not. Just sayin’ that we have to be careful.

• Fenris says:

Huh. Never knew Harriers and Hercules could be civilian owned. My my… What some engineering Patriots could do with a C-130…
          Wait a minute, aren’t civilian model parachute planes already in vogue? Awesome.

5. JDawg says:

Guys,
    Sparks31 over at Signal Corps http://sparks31.wordpress.com/upcoming-training/
    does an entire thing about monitoring aircraft frequencies. He just sent me the frequency list for commercial and military for Wisconsin and at the upcoming Midwest seminar in September, he’ll be discussing, at length, how to get your intel going from the radio. That way, we can listen to the planes’ conversations before we shoot them up. No G2 intell is complete without proper monitoring. Get to one of his classes like I’m doing.

6. Gaston says:

I see listings for all sorts of “goodies”, such as bulk oxygen, and repair facilities. This got me wondering about fuel supplies. I know aviation gas is different from what I pump at my local gas station. I also know that there are multiple types and grades of AVgas. How hard is this stuff to pump and how can it be repurposed?

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

We used to drain off 5 gal of 100 octane Avgas off every fuel truck every morning from the sump drain, to collect moisture accumulation overnight. We just dumped it in our own vehicles, so I got 1/3 tank every day of 100 octane to mix with my regular leaded. Ran great, my FJ-40 loved it. Never had a problem with water either.
      I believe Coleman fuel is also 100 octane Avgas, looks and smells identical.
      Use as needed.

• TreetopFlyer7 says:

Coleman camp fuel is actually closer to Jet-A turbine fuel, only twice as expensive. And for what it’s worth, 100-octane AvGas works well in most car/truck/motorcycle engines. It is very good for generators. And best of all, it has a storage shelf life of around two years without gumming up, going bad, or requiring fuel stabilzer. (Do NOT use Jet-A in your car, or it will become a lawn ornament.)

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

Isn’t JetA a kerosene, vs Avgas being gasoline related? Coleman fuel has the consistency and smell of an gasoline product rather than the greasy kerosene feel.

• TreetopFlyer7 says:

Jet-A is, indeed a form of kerosene. Avgas, being 100 octane low-lead fuel, IS a suitable substitute for gasoline although it still has more lead in it than “Unleaded” auto fuel. After further research, it appears that Coleman fuel, or white gas, while it might have the same flammability as gasoline, has almost none of the chemical properties of it, nor any of the major properties of jet fuel. White gas has a low octane rating (approximately 50) and a high combustion temperature, making it suitable only for camping stoves and lamps. So it is NOT comparable to kerosene.

7. sparks31 says:

A lot of interesting comms to be heard between 118-144 and 225-420 MHz…

8. downeast hillbilly says:

Once you check out the airport info, go on to Skyvector.com for an interactive aeronautical chart. Look for locations of air navigation beacons, controlled air space (Class B around major airports), as well as military restricted air space and radio contacts (like Giant Killer out here in eastern NC). Good material for idle spitballin’