What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays???

SACRAMENTO, CALIF. — Police say a dog was found drowned with a bowling ball tied to it in a Northern California river and they’re looking for a suspect.
The Sacramento Bee (http://bit.ly/1rwsxvP) reports Sunday that the 12-year-old border collie named Zelda was found in the American River with a leash on its collar tied to a bowling bag with a ball and a rock inside.
Sacramento City Animal Care Manager Gina Knepp says the dog had a microchip that was traced to a Sacramento woman. She told them she’d put the dog in the care of 47-year-old William Meek, who is now being sought as an animal cruelty suspect.
Knepp says Meek told the woman he surrendered the dog to a shelter.
She says a necropsy showed it died from drowning and had neck trauma from the struggle.

*****

Goddamnit, if you want to hurt something come try and hurt me, don’t pick on an animal that has no chance of fighting back. Email me, we’ll meet somewhere where nobody can interfere.
If you hunt, kill cleanly. If you kill livestock for food, kill cleanly. Don’t kill something just for the sake of killing.
Can you imagine the terror that dog felt? It struggled so hard there was neck trauma.
Fuck, this shit pisses me off.

This entry was posted in Dogs. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to What the fuck is wrong with people nowadays???

1. Otis says:

Im with you brother chickenshit motherfuckers need to get the exact same treatment that they inflict on their animals what a fuckin coward!

2. Jack58 says:

Goddamit, Kenny – you trying to give me a stroke? A cow is bad enough – but a dog?!
    I know that people who do this shit probably can’t even access a site, but if I ever happened upon a scenario thus described I promise them a drowning, (which is a horrible, terrifying, end) would be something they would pray for. ’nuff said..
    No. It is not enough said..
    Anyone who has loved a dog knows that they exhibit the qualities humans consider “The Best”.
    Unqualified love. Total forgiveness. Total loyalty.Total “Kill for you – Die for you” with NO hesitation.
    Dogs are Gods best work – (funny, how that’s almost a palindrome) and if they don’t have a “soul” then nobody does. So, if you are the type that puts an unwanted litter in a burlap sack and throws it weighted into a water – then I hope I see you right before you start your windup…
    SonufaBitch!

If I was to walk upon that scene I’d shoot the motherfucker in the back of the head, roll him into the river and take the dog home.

• Tom says:

Amen. On the other hand there is something to be said for a chair, rope, duct tape and some .22 cal for someone like this. Having almost drown twice the thought that poor dog had as he was under there makes my fckin blood boil.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

I was scuba diving in SW Idaho many yrs ago, in the crystal clear springs near Twin Falls and found a burlap sack with dead dogs in a couple feet of water. Never forgot that scene, and hope I never catch anyone doing it, I’m with Ken on the punishment.
      Anyone who abuses their power over a defenseless child or animal deserves a swift and final reward for their crime; cops, priests and teachers even more so for we are taught to look to them for help.

3. gamegetterII says:

There’s some sick fucks out there,how anyone could do this to a dog is beyond me-dogs love their owners unconditionally,even when the owners beat the shit out of them,the dog still comes to the owner.
    Anyone who could do this kind of shit to a dog needs to be dumped in a river with an engine block handcuffed to their ankle-so that their head is just below the surface,and they can see stuff floating on the surface,see that there’s air for them to breathe there,and know that they can not reach the surface to take a breath.
    I’ve had dogs all my life,a few of them were dogs that no one wanted,found them wandering around the side of the road,one I had was wandering around with a note attached to his collar that said “we can not afford to feed this dog anymore,whoever finds him please take good care of him” How the fuck could you write a dumb assed note like that-asking a stranger to take good care of a dog you just dumped out of your car on the side of the road?
    The dog I have now I got because some idiot didn’t comprehend that Rottweilers grow up to be big dogs,and his girlfriend wouldn’t let the dog stay in the house. He would have spent his life chained to a tree in a 20’x50′ back yard,on a 10′ chain.

4. Dan says:

There are some truly sick people in society and treating any animal let alone a friendly dog like a collie this way is proof of someone being a sociopath. The culprit is a menace to society and needs to be removed from society permanently.

5. coal says:

Best thing i heard you say in awhile

6. madminute says:

cocksucker has a special place in Hell reserved just for him. Ken im with you on topping a shit stain like that should you happen up on him. Fuck me this boils my ass!

7. JPD says:

I am in an apartment complex. Person acquired a Pit bull puppy. Landlord said nope, will be too big. Jerk tied him up behind complex bordering a creek. Left some water and food. We food the dog, alive, tangled, in poor condition, three days later. He is okay and adopted now.

Owner had moved out. But his mother still lived there. Animal control tracked him down. Had him arrested on animal cruelty. Animal control called us back to let us know. I asked the Arlington PD if they would let me take him out for some R&R. I had plans to introduce him to a tree on the creek. Police declined.

Law enforcement has no sense of humor.

8. ColdSoldier says:

Why do people have more sympathy for a dog than a human? Granted, a lot of dogs I know are better to socialize with than people I know, but there are some genuinely evil people out there doing things to humans out there that don’t elicit this kind of rage.

I say this as the owner of two dogs, a Black Mouthed Cur and a German Shepard.

Just a question, nothing more.

Because dogs are generally more devoted than most humans and they’re also completely at our mercy for their care and well being.
      I get just as outraged when I read about a child being abused for the same reason.
      Besides, I like most dogs more than I do humans.

• WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot says:

Wirecutter, I was going to comment on your original post and reply to the above comment, but you’ve got this shit locked down. Took the words right out of my mouth. There’s just something about a dog’s utter faithfulness (and helplessness).

On a related note, thanks for the consistent quality content. This is one of my few daily go-tos.

• WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot says:

p.s. this is nothing compared to some of the shit I used to see down in New Mexico on my way out to a shooting/hunting spot south of Albuquerque. The dirt road out there was literally littered with dead dogs, some with collars and name tags. Fucked up shit.

• Tom says:

This is why for me…..
      I think I could turn and live with animals,
      they are so placid and self-contain’d,
      I stand and look at them long and long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
      They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins,
      They do not make me sick discussing their duty to God,
      Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things,
      Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,
      Not one is respectable or unhappy over the whole earth
      —————————————————————————————————-
      My dog has fucking cancer. He’s riddled with the shit. He may have a year or so left, no one knows. I’m doing everything I can for him, but opted out of the surgery merry go round. I helped a friend with a dog who was dying of it two months back. That experience is seared into my head. That dog didn’t whine ’til the very end and even then struggled bravely to live every moment. It made me realize what awaits my guy.

Maybe something’s wrong with me but I trust dogs a lot more than people.

9. Jon Dougery says:

Whoever the fucker is that did this, I hope they put a hurt on this mother-fucker!!! Real BAD!!!

10. dogpigcat says:

Poor thing. Some people just need killing. It’s been that way from day one I think. Thing is, it used to be taken care of.

11. Grog says:

The woman who gave the dog to the assclown-cockbreath-pieceofshit also needs to be held accountable. No excuse from her about why she gave up the dog would be acceptable to me.

• Agreed. In a few weeks, it will be my ten year wedding anniversary to Mr. Resister. We still have not gone on a honeymoon. Why? Because even before we had children, we had dogs & cats and we did not want to leave them and didn’t think just having somebody stop by to feed & walk them would be good enough for our loyal companions. I have no regrets about it and neither does husband.

When you bring an animal friend into your home, it is a lifetime commitment, even more so than having kids, maybe, because kids will usually grow up & be able to fend for themselves if you raised ’em right, but your pet NEEDS YOU for the rest of its life. Lifetime care is a small price to pay for all the unconditional love & other comforts that animal friends give to us.

12. lineman says:

There is a special place in hell reserved for those people…

• lillias says:

…where they will spend eternity experiencing everything the poor critter did, until they have a genuine change in psyche. No ‘I’m so sorry I got caught’ plea bargain allowed.

13. Spiro says:

I am with you Wirecutter I love dogs more then people, and yes I would kill for my dog. He is here sitting next to me, with love. He sleeps with us, eats with us, and I am so crazy that I want to be buried with him. They are definitely God’s best creation

14. Wraith says:

This was done by someone who has lost any and all vestiges of humanity. Looks like Satan caught another soul. :(

15. Hey Wirecutter,

(captaincrunch)

I rescued and adopted several dogs for myself and I found forever homes for a few dogs that I picked up over the years so this is an important issue for me.

I will cut to the chase. If I see anyone injuring, torturing, or killing a dog, they will get a 230 grain ball surprise to both knees and that’s just for starters.

On a good note.

I had a dog named ‘Lucy” that was a snoodle (half snouzser, half poodle) Lucy lived a comfortable 15 years and her favorite thing was barking at the UPS man and pulling boxes from the front porch, dragging the box across the house to the sofa where Lucy would move the box to edge of the sofa at which she would then jump up on the sofa and pull the box up on the sofa and proceed to chew the shit out of the cardboard while sitting on the comfortable sofa.

Lucy was a fucking genius.

16. aL kURABIESKI says:

Anyone who kills for the sake of just killing needs the same , A poor Dog that Scum bag ! I would love to get my hands on this prick, after I show him the fine art of revenge for that dog with a vice grip and straight razor . Then the good part will come. All the courts will do is fine this guy and set him lose. To do it again if not a Dog or a Cat , Maybe a Child next .. One my Dog died , I took off work for a few days , I was afraid I would Kill the first co-worker that said ” it’s just a Dog” But we are all they have.They know it and love us no matter what .

17. Stoney says:

Someone who engages in cruelty on this level has probably done, or will do, much worse.
    No reason, no excuse, just sick and twisted.

18. Eric says:

I have two dogs. I’ve had them for nearly 14 years. They **are** my children. The phrase ‘Just a dog’ does not exist for me. When I think that there are people out there that are capable of just killing a dog “just because”, I see red. Doesn’t matter the age of the dog, or the reason, or even the temperament, every dog (or cat for that matter) deserves a fair shake – unless the dog is attacking you/your family – and respect.

The guy that tossed that dog in that water deserves to be fed feet-first into a meat grinder for what he did. Same for people that fight dogs. It sickens me to know that people like Michael Vick are allowed to still breathe after what they’ve done.

19. qazycat says:

Yea, I hear you on making that sh*tbag pay for his actions!!

20. Junke Male says:

Personally I can’t trust that there may be an afterlife, let alone one with a hell. This guy deserves hell on earth. Forget physical torture and whatnot. This guy needs to be in a constant, unrelenting, and extreme state of fear and psychological pain for years on end.

21. D S Craft says:

Aw jeez, this just make me sick. When I see a headline about someone hurting a small animal, especially a dog, or a little kid, I can’t read the article. I just can’t. Hurts too much. There really is a special place in hell for these demented fuckers.
    I read someplace recently that dogs are the only animals on earth that take visual cues from humans and that they only do it with humans, not other animals or other dogs. I know my dogs are *really* cued in to my moods, my body language and expressions and my eyes. They’re my little buddies and I play with them incessantly ‘cuz I’m just a big kid.
    You just don’t mess with dogs. Shit.

22. This breaks my heart & infuriates me. The fucker who did that to a poor innocent dog deserves to get the exact same done to him. Fuck. That poor dog. Damn.

23. davidc says:

That was a terrible thing to do to a Collie dog or any dog ! I also have a Black Mouth Cur and he is a great companion !

24. Jack58 says:

Been a Knuckledragger reader for years. I can “feel” the pure rage thru the air from fellow repliers – nothing else I’ve ever read here has even been a close second in terms of raw emotion. That says something really good for y’all – something approaching holy.
    I remember reading a quote years ago about dogs that I’d like to share with all of you, paraphrasing as close as I can.
    “It was wise that the Creator only gave the dog a lifespan just over a decade – or else we simply could not stand the parting”.
    I don’t usually get so all maudlin – but truer words, for me at least, were never written.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

I lost my 13 yr old Yellow Lab last Oct, can’t hardly believe it’s been a yr already. I still wanna take him hiking whenever I go. And finding blond hair in the Jeep sure doesn’t help get over it either.

Sorry to hear that. I last a dear friend about 3 years ago and I still miss him.
        I was going through a doo-dad box just yesterday looking for something and there among the old rings, safety pins, and rolls of pennies was one of Punkindog’s shed toenails, one that I found in the rug right before I put him down. His collar is on my Cool Shit Cabinet, too.

25. BillDave says:

Some people are just scum. Take the animal to a shelter. Jeez.

BD

26. Big Tigg says:

Here is something you may like. Dogs are the best.

27. Jake says:

Hi all!
    Seen this? http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox
    PS Cunts that hurt dogs, well, kill ’em slow is the least offensive thing I can say.