I’m tellin’ ya, the drought out here is bad.

This entry was posted in funny pics. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I’m tellin’ ya, the drought out here is bad.

1. drjim says:

Funny/sad, but true!

It’s amazing the number of burned-out lawns I see these days.

We let ours go a couple of years ago, and we’re going to either gravel the front yard, or do some kind of “desert” landscaping.

People tend to forget the the whole L.A. basin area is a freaking coastal DESERT, and green lawns just aren’t “natural” here.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

Growing up in Van Nuys in the late 50’s-early 60’s, my dad had a whole desert section of cactus in the yard, works great today for defensive purposes, and nobody notices!
      Here in Wyoming, I like the look of natural sagebrush. I used to water my lawn, but the wind blows so much most of it ended up on the house and mold grew from my log walls, and then I decided to quit wasting water on something not meant to grow here.

2. Woofma says:

It’s not just California. We are running out of water in Texas too.

• rightwingterrorist says:

This year isn’t so bad, but one has to remember that we’re in the middle of a cyclical 15yr drought.
      By the way, one forward thinking fellow by the name of T. Boone Pickens is buying up alll the land possible that incorporates the Permian Basin.
      Someone thinks water is worth more than oil.

And that’s something that most people can’t understand – it’s a cyclical drought. I can remember 3 of these here in the valley in my lifetime. The one back in the late 80s was worse.
        Shit, we’re expecting 3 more inches of rain in the next 3 days. Even for a normal year here, that’s a lot of rain.

• drjim says:

We got about .15″ today, and more coming in through the week.

We’re at about a quarter inch here so far today. It’s supposed to clear tomorrow and then another two inches between Tuesday and Wednesday. It’s still not making a dent in the shortage now, but a lot of it got dropped in the Sierra as snow so that’s help come spring runoff.

3. ignore amos says:

If they crowded a little closer, they could be steelheading on the Nisqually River.

4. Mike says:

Looks a lot like the “combat fishing” you see on the rivers here in WA when the salmon are running.