Maingun LLC

Well, sonofabitch. I sold another ad.
If you’ll take a peek over at my sidebar, you’ll see an ad from Maingun there. Maingun, for those of you that don’t already know, is the home and sole distributor of the Patriot community’s darling, the Patriot Plate.
I can go into the whole story about what all was involved in the Patriot Plate and getting it out to us at an affordable price, but it would be easier if you just went to the top of this site and clicked on the tabs under the badass wolverine picture on my header.

Let me say this about Doc and his lovely wife Terri: They are true Patriots. They live and breathe it. Doc’s a man of honor – if he says something, it’s true. If he sells it, he tests it – as far as the Patriot Plates are concerned, you can see this for yourself by going to youtube and typing in Patriot Plate.
Another example of his sense of honor – a few weeks ago he sent out an email concerning the bill that’s up before the House to ban sales and civilian ownership of body armor. Any other businessman would’ve capitalized on this and attempt to use it to boost sales ~Buy your body armor before it’s too late!~ but Doc? He laid it out on the line and told us that the bill didn’t stand a chance of passing and not to fall for any bullshit saying that it would. Now that is the kind of man he is.
Another thing that like about Maingun is the fact that they don’t retain your payment and shipping information when you order online. That keeps the feds from coming in and demanding his records to see who bought what. It’s strictly between you and him.

So click the ad and visit his site. While you’re there, check out his many other offerings. I think you’ll be surprised by his merchandise and the bargain prices.

Oh yeah. Am I putting my money where my mouth is? You bet – I own 2 sets of the Patriot Plates. Am I happy with them? Yes indeed, I am. Will I continue to shop there? Of course.

This entry was posted in Blog, Business, III Percenter, Patriots. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Maingun LLC

1. Nic says:

He definitely is a good ol’ boy! I am a proud customer!

2. SemperFi, 0321 says:

I just ordered a set of 10×12 coated plates from him last month, was a bit disappointed in the Line-X coating. Not very much spray on front side (1/16″), the back is so thin you can see some light rust coming thru. And he never posted my review either (didn’t like it I guess). However, the price and the shipping were excellent, he shipped it the next day after I placed order.
    I’ve also been led to understand it takes a 1/2″ Mil-A-46100 plate to stop 30-06 AP, not the 1/4″ he sells. Can someone else clear this up?
    I have other plates where the RhinoLining is 2x-3x thicker than his product, after all, I thought the whole purpose of it was for spall mitigation.

Everybody else that I know has no complaints about the lining. I know that he sends them out to a vendor for that. I bought mine uncoated so I really can’t say.
      Did you contact him about an exchange? I know he would’ve done it if you weren’t happy.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

Nope, I figured that was his std product.
        I have a buddy who coats his Jeeps in that stuff, I’ll have him spray some more on, not worth the postage both ways.
        I’m more concerned with the 1/2″ vs 1/4″ 30-06 AP test. I know it will stop M80 Ball, but the AP seems stretching it for 1/4″.

• WiscoDave says:

Look up Mil DTL 46100. You should find a download link from Titus steel. Long read but it goes into the testing. Table V lists the thickness ranges and corresponding test projectiles for first article testing. The first “production run” of Patriot Plate had a mill cert with it. Doc should have one available for this run.
      This is a first class product at a damn good price.
      Can’t speak for the coating, I suggest you call Doc on that.
      If you have more questions I’ll try to help answer them. Contact me direct; my email is in the story on top of Kenny’s page.

3. dogpigcat says:

You are a fucking mogul!

Ha. I wish.
      I’m still debating whether I should go after some big companies like Cabellas or Bass Pro and bring in some real bucks.

• rightwingterrorist says:

Careful you don’t get too carried away.
        At some point folks get disgusted with advertizing and quit coming.

4. Dan says:

I have two sets of his plates and will be acquiring more. Good stuff.

5. MadJack says:

I received my complete set plus carrier last week. Awesome product that I have complete confidence in. Because you advertise his body armor Kenny is the reason I found it and bought it. Thanks!

I was probably one of the first three bloggers to post about it. I’m thinking Sam and CA over at WRSA were invited at the same time.
      I’m proud as hell that it took off the way it did. Hell, as far as I’m concerned, I believe every military aged male (from age 16 to as long as you can shoot) Patriot should have a set and at these prices, they should.