Nice Rant

Respect is earned, never owed, and being a cop is no more dangerous than it is being an ordinary citizen and driving to work. So say the statistics — including for NYPD, where the last fatality on-duty was in 2011.

Further, nobody deserves “gratitude” for doing their (well-paid) job. That’s what the paycheck is for.

We’ll get to “protect and serve” in a minute.

Next up there was a clownface (one of the previous NYC police chiefs) who chimed in with the statement that Garner was breaking the law and that’s why he died.

So if you pass a law that I cannot fart in public, and I do, I’m fair game to be murdered by your feral hogs, ex-chief?

The stupid doesn’t stop there either. No, it gets even better in this specific instance.
Thanks to Woody for the link.

This entry was posted in Rants, To Protect and Serve. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Nice Rant

1. StBernardnot says:

Karl is a very wise man! I never miss his blog.

2. Tsquared says:

I am dealing with a cop doing an investigation on my son’s death. After the autopsy the dick had details about my sons’s heart and liver damage. He also told us that our son was a heavy drinker due to the liver damage. The dick was not aware that our son had a heart condition from birth and only one working kidney. The dick was not aware that the medicines that my son had to take would also show the same type of damage and he was tested monthly for excessive liver damage. His cavalier attitude this dick showed was that this was an open and shut case of a drunkard, lowly food service worker who had shot himself (he was the store manager after graduating college 7 months ago) and the Dick had the attitude we were a nuisance and would eventually go away. He had the audacity to tell me that finger prints degraded quickly enough that after 4 hours it was pointless to take prints.

Respect the cops? Not likely. Especially with the POS I am having to deal with.

3. BrianS says:

That’s a great post and spot on, and one more thing: pinning a badge on your chest doesn’t make you a hero. And if they want to play soldier, go join our service men and women where the bad guys REALLY shoot back.

4. MM says:

His point about ownership really drives home how fucking far off the rails we’ve gone.

5. Timbo says:

I forgot about Karl’s blog. Been a while.
    What I found most enlightening about this post is how so many commenters have seen the light concerning the state of leo’s in the U.S.. Very good to see people waking up. Every day, there are a few less sheep. Who knows, maybe one day the tide will turn.

6. Woofman says:

I’ve said it before. “inside the chest of every cop beats the heart of a heart of a school card bully. ” Robert Heinlein.

7. ruralcounsel says:

Cops are tools of the status quo ruler-elite. Like a bullet, they go where they are aimed. They can be used well, or poorly. When we have a lot of crappy laws and crappy leaders, they are dangerous to be around. Like old unexploded ordnance. We’ve incentivized lawless behavior from the police because of the war on drugs and other moronic social engineering control type legislation, like civil forfeiture.

I’ve known excellent officers who understood their legal limits and the utility of reasonable discretion, and I’ve seen power-tripping perjuring badge carriers. Like everyone else, good and bad.

In the current atmosphere, it’s a win-win situation as far as I’m concerned. Both sides are going to inflict and take some damage, and both sides deserve it. The urban street protesters are nothing more than unorganized street thugs, looters, anarchists, and their useful idiots. The police are a better organized bunch of street thugs. It can be hard to decide who to cheer for.

Play nice.