Fucking Bay Area considers ban on outdoor grills

The problem is, the people of California’s Bay Area, which includes San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose, have too much damn freedom. Sure, they can’t express their 2nd Amendment rights, are banned from using plastic bags, and are forbidden to own butterflies but the liberals in charge still think the people’s freedoms are running rampant. With that in mind, a ban on backyard barbequing is being floated.

According to the AP:

The booming popularity of outdoor kitchens among homeowners in the San Francisco Bay Area has an increasing number of their neighbors coughing and hacking from the smoke, leading air-quality officials to consider tightening rules on wood-burning pizza ovens and smokers.

It’s not just smokers and pizza ovens that are facing restrictions, but all wood or charcoal burning outdoor grills.
-WiscoDave

*****

Fucking crybabies.
At least they’re not talking about banning our shit this time. I mean, we’ve already got no-burn days here because of the Fucking Bay Area.
Every area of California has an Air Quality District Board and those silly sonsofbitches are the ones that determine what level of smog checks we have to have on our vehicles or when we can burn ag refuse or even use our fireplaces, all according to the air quality in that particular area.

You gotta understand that the Fucking Bay Area is on the other side of a couple ranges of hills and the wind almost always blows inland. I work right at the base of the first and highest sets of hills between here and there and I’ve seen more days than I can count where you can actually see the pollution from the FBA flowing through the Altamont Pass where Hwy 580 passes through, I mean that shit literally rolls into the valley at times flushing out the FBA but piling that smog up in the valley. So what does the Air Quality Boards do in those respective areas?
They enhanced our restrictions because we were more polluted and relaxed the FBA’s because their air was so clean!
We were having to get the same smog checks on the same level that cars in LA were having to get while the FBA people were getting by with some of the most lax smog checks.
Ag burning was restricted to just a few days a year. We’ve got a lot of fucking orchards here and they require regular pruning to be productive. Those prunings are too thin to be chipped so they’re burned. Fields need to be burned. Now they can burn only on certain days determined by the Board and that’s usually on clear days – can’t burn when it’s foggy.
We couldn’t use wood in our fireplaces on certain days, only those fucking presto logs. If your house was heated solely by wood then you had to get a special permit to heat your own house. I mean, it doesn’t get that cold here, maybe down around freezing and fireplaces are mostly a luxury – I’ve never had a fire in my fireplace – but still….. What was bad was that the FBA, which has milder weather both winter and summer than here, had no such restrictions and every damned one of those homes had their fireplaces roaring because we all know how bone chilling that 55 degree weather is, right?

It took them a few years, but they tightened up the restrictions in the FBA to our level here. I can’t say I’ve noticed any more clarity in the air though, especially on days forecast to be clear – because all the farmers are burning two months worth of winter prunings all at the same time.

This entry was posted in California, Rants, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Fucking Bay Area considers ban on outdoor grills

1. Dave in Indiana says:

So, it’s clear that if protesters torch a business out there no arson charges will be filed. If they torch a butcher shop will they be charged with violating the bbq ban?

2. Bill Harzia says:

Regarding the plastic bag bullshit: My favorite grocery store is next to my “grit my teeth and bear it” home improvement store. The grocery is prohibited by law from handing out plastic bags. But go next door to the home improvement store and you can grab handfuls of the exact same bags.

3. Dumbplumber says:

Years ago I posted a rant about emission systems on auto. In it I said that we would have been better served to take a fleet of D8 Caterpillars and plowed the top of the San Bernadino mountains to let the easterly breeze blow the smog out of L.A.

4. gabagabahey says:

And you still live there. You are either a fucking idiot or have allegiance issues. Move, dumbass.

Sorry, but the benefits still outweigh the downfalls – mild winters, 10,000′ tall mountains an hour and a half away, great fishing.
      Besides, this is my home. Would you let anybody force you from your home? I’m more of a man than that. When and if I leave this state it’ll be on my own terms and for other reasons than the bureaucrats running me off.

• gabagabahey says:

I have been forced from my home, and have moved away from the libtard crap.
        I’m much happier and more productive because of it. I don’t spend my days lamenting my lost freedom.

5. dogpigcat says:

I’m so glad I moved out of Kalifornia. !2 years was enough.
    maxx

6. Wyoming says:

Anyone that still lives in Kalifornia is a stupid cunt.
    Anyone that still lives in Kalifornia and claims to be a patriot is an even more stupid cunt.
    We need to leave the communist states and regroup.
    Staying in a libtard haven is insanity.

Easy now, you’re propagating that dumb fucking inbred ignorant redneck image that serious Patriots are trying to shed.

prop·a·gateˈ(präpəˌɡāt) verb
      To spread and promote (an idea, theory, etc.) widely.

By the way, you do realize that when you comment here I get your IP address, right? It shows you’re also commenting as gabagabahey on this same post.
      Feeling a little trollish today, are we?

• Angeleyes says:

Running is the easy answer, asshole. Many of us have made our lives here. Our outdoor sports stores, gun stores and ranges are doing unreal business. The geography and climate here is second to none (as has been explained if you were paying attention) and the libtards are actually a very vocal minority easily bumped out of the way with a 4×4.
      I don’t see a problem.

7. madminute says:

i find trolls suffer cognitive dissonance, and as such, their brains tend to resemble a raisin stuck on an toothpic!

8. Bootmaker says:

Its rough being a effin hero man.

9. Angeleyes says:

Since they apparently don’t choke on co#k, why would they choke on a lil mesquite bbq smoke?

10. Donin Sacto says:

BUTTERFLYS? They can’t own butterflys? They live like a week.

11. Neil R says:

Heck almost all of south Georgia is on fire right now. People burning cotton fields, tree trimmings, you name it.
    Looks like stinking Sherman is back.
    But it’s just part of the landscape.
    I’d love to see what would happen if someone down around Thomasville suggested a ban!

Sorry if this comes through more than once.

12. Heltau says:

If we could have a little retro active abortion upon the libturds that reside in mexafornia that would solve about 95% of our problems here.

Play nice.