The man with The Touch

-Skidmark

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The man with The Touch

1. David says:

That’s fuckin’ badass! I wonder why the video header is in Russian but was filmed in the states. (Note the American flag flying across the street)

Just something that somebody in Russia linked.
      Did you notice that went he went back for the second blade he asked the operator if he knew how to swim?

2. David says:

Nope. Had sound off. Working you know…wink wink. It would be pretty tough to swim with a 5 ton dozer on your ass. Just a guess

3. Tom W. says:

Ive seen those heavy equip. operator competitions. They are truly amazing. Seen one scratch a balloon on top of a man’s head without popping it. And navigate through a uber tight track of eggs and bottles.

Be one with the machine indeed!!!

4. Falcon says:

Nothing runs like a Deere except a Cat!!!!!!!!!

5. In Iraq we had a group of hard drinking Turkish Rednecks that could run heavy equipment like that. I had a hell of a time chasing the around the gravel pit when they were in some impossible position 30 feet up on a ledge to refuel them.

The Turks told me that they could only do that with CAT machines. Every other brand had lag, was unresponsive or too slow to have the fine controls.

Interestingly enough we had a Komatsu and a CAT dozed both running on the same job. The Knomatsu despite being 1/3 larger than the CAT pushed less dirt and used twice the fuel.

Unfortunately, the US Army decided that they replaced the beer drinking Turks with some observant Moslem pricks who were lazy as hell.

6. giamby says:

Sorry, but what’s the big deal about this video? They have this every week on the TV show ‘Gold Rush’.

• Tom W. says:

Just an aside reply, but not every blade dirt pusher, or bucket driver has the essential gift of finesse, or as the the title of the post “the touch”. There are those that can follow orders and grade or excavate a whatever, than there are those that can,and yet exceed, a regular operator operating operationally.

Hence the two dudes getting stuck in the muck looking for a “hey help me out” moment.

7. Rufus Putnam says:

I’d hate to be the next guy to service that thing…

8. Timbo says:

Impressive mechanical reasoning.
    Very cool vid!

9. griffin says:

That operator is a fucking Jedi knight of heavy equipment!

10. pdwalker says:

I can appreciate true artistry when I see it, that that was it!

11. Julie Armstrong says:

Looks like momma had to come get her pups out of a pickle! Thank Wirecutter for the very cool video!