Kinda backfired on ’em, huh?

New York state has some of the toughest gun laws in the country. Compliance with those laws is another matter.

New York passed a broad package of gun regulations after the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., despite the objections of hunters and gun rights advocates. Now it appears that many gun owners are refusing to comply with a key provision that requires the registration of so-called assault weapons.

“I think this law was so incredibly repressive that it drove people to the point now that they’re basically saying we’re not going to abide by any more laws,” says Brian Olesen, the owner of American Trade and Goods and several other outdoor stores around Albany, N.Y.

*****

The quickest way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t. Works every fucking time.

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Guns. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Kinda backfired on ’em, huh?

1. Robert Evans says:

Ken, you can’t post any more pictures of milfs. I ABSOLUTELY FORBID IT!

2. TOm says:

I have traveled through the “upstate” AO and it’s pretty wild, as soon as you get outside the “big shitty” you start to see Repeal the Safe Act signs all over the place on folks’ lawns.

“But the number is likely far more than the 45,000 that have been registered so far. The New York State Police released that number recently, but only after being ordered to by a court.”

LOL yeah that’s probably a little low. I’d be there are 45k in the Bronx and BK alone.

3. Dumbplumber says:

Okay, I will not tolerate you ‘taking out’ those that seek to undermine this nation. I will not abide by someone, who decides to hold those that wish to destroy our Constitution accountable. No, I will not allow you to ‘drop like a rock’ anyone who violates their Oath of Office.

Let’s see if that gets it done!

4. Tetzman says:

All I can say is WOW, after reading the NPR bolstered people commenting on this article!

5. Exile1981 says:

There is a line, and it’s different for everyone; where they go from bitching about gov’t oppression to a passive resister – like these people who refuse to register the guns.

The second line is when they go from passive to active resistence.

6. Jean le baptiste says:

Molina labe is our mantra in the upstate hinterlands. The only folks I know who have registered are the federales, our local sheriff mike carpinelli has been outspoken against this criminal usurpation of the second amendment

7. Jmale says:

…bet ya cant post some beautiful back country landscapes of missouri

8. pdwalker says:

I know, pass some more laws making it illegal to ignore those other laws.

That’ll fix the problem.

9. jack says:

Like your thoughts on the subject

10. Bill says:

Authority sucks. Authority from the government is bullshit.

11. “Bullshit gun laws and others that violate our Civil Rights is what makes III Percenters, not fancy patches and rhetoric.” More true words have never been spoken. It’s a mindset, not a soundbite.

12. Just Saying says:

Several years back, I reported all of my guns stolen – every one (although I didn’t file an insurance claim). Since it’s obvious that they will not be satisfied till they have outlawed guns, I just figured that I might as well jump on the outlaw bandwagon early. Also bought several metal lathes and one of the first things I learned how to make was the lower receiver, just so that when they outlaw all guns, I can still make my own till they try to outlaw lathes.