Credentials? We don’t need no steenkin’ credentials!

Kerodin’s martial arts experiences (in his or Holly’s words):

Shichi Toku Aiki Bujutsu

Pretty damned impressive, ain’t it? Did you happen to notice anything that wasn’t in there? Like credentials or ranking from a recognized authority for all those studies? Not a single one. Lots of studying, no mention of graduating. Hell, I study marksmanship but that in no way should even imply that I’m a sharpshooter. Anybody that’s ever seen me shoot can attest to that.

I remember him saying one time that he didn’t believe in belts or rankings or anything like that. Hey that’s cool, that’s the same way I feel about achievement tabs and patches awarded by somebody who ain’t qualified.
But the thing is, most folks want to know what your qualifications are by a recognized authority or organization for that particular study, particularly when you start a) passing yourself off as having a higher level of expertise or b) start teaching people shit, especially for money.

Some old bearded dude passing you a piece of parchment saying “Ya done good, Grasshopper, level up” don’t mean shit.

Maybe he does have the credentials, I honestly don’t know. I just think that it was an awful lot for a young man to achieve, considering all the time his career as a Foreign Policy and Counter Terrorism expert must’ve taken up.
But you would think that a man that was so proficient in so damned many studies would have the credentials to prove it and if he did, wouldn’t he list them on his ‘About’ page? Particularly if he was selling his instruction? And he is, go back to the site and click on his IIICQB Program tab and see for yourself. And if you want a real laugh, click over to the rape prevention course and check out the price for that! To learn all 17 techniques at 1700 bucks a pop is… let’s see, drop those zeros, carry the… wait, I fucked up… carry th… is a shitload of money! I wonder how many of those classes he’s taught.

Something else:

Kerodin has worked professionally (earned a paycheck) with his martial skills in the private sector, work that took him to world hotspots and across the country.

Really? Who did he work for? And where did he travel? What hotspots around the world and across the country? Did he judy chop a Texas Ranger and quell his riot for him? Again, you’d think that he’d provide details here. And as much as he likes to sing his own praises, he’d be blowing that shit up all over his regular blog just to show how badass he is if it really was true.

So once again, we have Kerodin at his finest. Completely unverifiable.

Oh wait – one more laugh. I was looking for something else today and ran across this and had to share it with you. From his blog:

......wet sammy
Puh-lease. The guy’s a fucking HVAC repairman that has never been involved in violent crime or the drug world. He probably hasn’t been in a fucking serious street fight since… well, never. There ain’t a whole lot of asskicking opportunities for HVAC repairmen.

This entry was posted in Blog and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Credentials? We don’t need no steenkin’ credentials!

1. jimbo says:

wow…17 years of traveling around seeking wisdom and only missed 2 days on the mat. Must have been very short drives between wisdom.

FYI..this clip IS about Killer Kerodin.

2. Jason says:

Why is it when I google image search the guy’s name I get pics of a bald headed guy sucking on a big ass giant dildo??? Is Google trying to tell me something???

3. fubar2040 says:

THIS guy has more qualifications that Kerodin.

4. Jam says:

You can take classes from Master Ken on youtube for free. Some people might pay 1700 to learn how to block a bitch slap…

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFlk1R9n6XE&w=560&h=315%5D

5. Sanders says:

Aww, come on Ken, you know that everything he did was top secret and can’t be discussed among mere mortals, due to confidentiality agreements.

Those secret squirrels just can’t tell us those things.

By the way, I have this bridge you might be interested in……

6. Danny says:

Sounds like the name of a Japanese Steakhouse!

7. Joe says:

Please define “hot spots”, because when I hear that phrase twisted steel, jagged concrete, hot brass and smoke come to mind.

8. ExPat Matt says:

I am reminded of Beverly Hills Ninja:

Haru: The blackness of my belt is like the inside of a coffin on a moonless night.
    Joey: That’s pretty black, Man.
    Haru: It is a black art, and I, Haru, am the blackest of the black. Or rather the great white black art… Blackest… Master.

• ExPat Matt says:

Later….

I spoke with a Japanese studies professor and she said that Shichi Toku Aiki Bujutsu actually means “he who forces himself without consideration of reach-around”.

9. Exile1981 says:

I’ve known a couple of HVAC guys, one had a lot of scars and shed a lot of blood. All from not wearing his gloves when cutting ducting. That crap will slice you up good.

10. AFY!! says:

Yous don’t need no stinkin martial arts experiences when you can call the cops and swat those you oppose, don’t ya know!

11. tweell says:

Stuffed in Google Translate, Shichi Toku Aiki Bujutsu = quality obtained love instrument martial arts in Japanese.

12. Doubletrouble says:

“…wet with blood…”- heh.
    I was always taught to keep distance between thy & the BG.
    That’s why God made guns…

13. fritz says:

Shichi Toku Aiki Bujutsu = Dickless master of assholery

14. A reader says:

I have been sitting silent on the sidelines waiting for somebody to comment on this for years. Somewhere buried in a pile of old stuff in my garage there are a pair of worn Carhart jeans I would wager have been in more fights than K. Since I try to stay out of this silly BS I am commenting anonymously on this.

I never really had a reason to before but I found out when you google Kerodin, there’s a lot of material to wade through. Nobody likes that motherfucker. It just took us a while to get to. One of my compadres pointed it out to me over a month ago and I’ve been hanging on to it since.

15. 55six says:

I simply cannot believe what I read. It flows like something from a seedy internet ninja message board. I have had people tell me that K is a pretty good fighting instructor. Shame that whoever wrote that stuff ruins his ever getting the chance to do something meaningful with it.

I believe his wife wrote it. Her style can be all flowery like that bullshit letter that was sent out to the Founders.

• 55six says:

Did you ever post the letter?

Has anyone gotten any answers at all about where the money is?

Who is still considered on the board?

16. Wirecutter says:

Nope.
    Nope.
    No clue. I’m wondering if he still has a board after all this shit. If I had still been on it and somebody showed me all that we’ve put out, I’d be smokin’ to get away from that.