Damn, somebody’s gonna get rich.

and-take-my-money

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Damn, somebody’s gonna get rich.

1. Hey Wirecutter,

(captaincrunch)

‘Ever see the movie ‘Damnation Alley’ that came out in the mid 70’s?

The story goes that, that three wheel mechanism was developed for a mobile ICBM all terrain vehicle concept back in 60’s that the Air Force was considering and never fell in love with.

‘Two of the vehicles were left over from program where sold to Hollywood for the movie and I’m sure some smart guy watched the movie and then put ‘two and two together’ with a Dolly.

Maybe Segway will get smart and test that ‘three wheeled concept out’ that would be cool.

2. Jess says:

That is AWESOME! I want one so bad that if I can’t find it for sale, I will get out my welding gear and make one.

3. Brad says:

Agreed that this is a great idea. A quick web search revealed they are readily available at places like Grainger, ULine, etc. I bet they’re popular in places like NYC where there are a large number of walk-up apartments . . . . . .

4. Those have been around for years. They’re quite in demand in the narrow walk up staircases in old Europe. There’s even some made in the USA, but again are more popular in urban areas with narrow walk ups.

5. crazyeighter says:

Things that make you slap your forehead…

6. Shell says:

That’s the most ingenious thing I’ve ever seen. Damned if it wouldn’t have saved me a lot of work over the years, going both ways on stairs.

• pigpen51 says:

i have to just echo what shell says. like, wow. simple and ingenious. i need a cigarette.

7. parrotile says:

We were using these to transport lead pots when I worked at Windscale (aka Sellafield) in the 1970’s, and ours were old then, and certainly not custom-manufactured for the Nuclear Industry. I have a feeling that this 3-wheel technology goes back a VERY long way, possibly 18th Century (Holland).

8. Too late. Those things were available in Spain when I lived there in the early 80’s. Even had shopping carts like that for doing the daily shopping too.

Play nice.