From the emails

Slide writes:

Do you know what this site reminds me of? A rowdy bar with all the off color humor and differing opinions from your reader but no danger of getting your ass kicked. The only thing missing is a daily sports update. Is there any chance of that?

Naw, fuck no. I don’t do sports, man. Thanks for the great compliment though, that was very cool.
I will post picture’s of hunter’s kills though if they want to send them in, especially pics of their youngster’s harvests. I thought about publishing some of my reader’s hunting tales but I don’t have a ‘Lies and Bullshit’ category. Not yet anyways,

This entry was posted in Blog, Hunting. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to From the emails

1. Hey Wirecutter,

(captaincrunch)

Yeah’ I’d like to see a ‘Lies and Bullshit’ category.

Everyone has a true story that everyone else says is impossible. May as well here them out, it would be entertaining as hell at least.

2. Mals says:

Just say no to sports.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

Agreed!
      Folks should learn to make their own adventures, be the star of your own movie, instead of riding the coattails of others.
      “Rah rah rah, go my team!” Just about the most disgusting words ever spoken. They don’t even know you exist and you cheer them on from your couch. Spending a fortune on clothes and gear so you can look like 10,000 other dumbass groupies. Yup, that’s livin’.
      And one more word of wisdom, “Couches kill more people than anything else”! Think about it.

3. Leigh says:

Ken
    Did you ever get the picture of my daughter’s buck? I sent it a couple weeks ago. It was a really nice eight. I’ll resend if it didn’t go through.

Leigh
    Whitehall, NY

4. NewVegasBadger says:

Oh please, oh please, oh please, absolutely NO sports. I have zero interest in sports. Adults realize that there is more to life than sports. If I have to watch some one else do it (sports) then I am not interested in it. Take pro football for example, before the first player steps onto the field it is a given that one team is going to walk away a winner and the other a loser. And the winning team may not have been the better of the two teams, but was the team that made one mistake less than the other guy.

Ken, THE big draw to your site, and makes it a daily read for me, is the chance to learn some thing new. Example, the 7mm Valkyrie round. I did not know that such a round existed, but now I know, and God only knows where that is going to lead to. But I do know, it will take me to some place that I had not expected.

5. John Denney says:

Heh. Some years ago I learned the new guy at work belonged to the same gym as I, so we started going there together. On the first drive there he asked, “So, you into sports?”
    “Oh yeah, man! I love hunting and fishing and target shooting and archery and canoeing and camping and hiking and downhill skiing and springboard diving and surfing and roller skating and sailing and water skiing and trap and skeet and cross country skiing and swimming! How ’bout you?”
    “Uh, I just like football and basketball.”