Seed Starting

foodgrower sent me this post in pdf form literally months ago. I tried and tried and tried again to post it so that it displayed fully here with pictures, captions and text but I couldn’t get it no matter what. I’d try something and it wouldn’t work so I set it aside, then I’d try something and that wouldn’t work either so I set it aside…..
I still can’t get it to display, but what I did manage to get was a link to the pdf posted. What pisses me off is that what I did this time ain’t nothing that I already tried and probably more than once, too. This time it decided to take. Kinda sorta.

Click on the link below for a new illustrated kind of foodgrower article. And again, I’m sorry to y’all and to foodgrower especially for not getting this done earlier.

SEED STARTING PDF

This entry was posted in Guest Post, Patriots, Prepping, Tips and tricks. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Seed Starting

1. Exile1981 says:

Downloadable so you can print it out and keep it for later.

• Leigh says:

I’m like Exile’, I actually prefer it this way. I can download it, then save it for later – without copying / pasting / exporting to a different format to print out.

Leigh
      Whitehall, NY

2. John B. says:

Thanks. I’m going to try that this spring. Does it matter how you set the sprout in the tube? Lay it flat or set it root down?

• foodgrower says:

I place mine with the radicle end up and root tip down as much as possible. This can be difficult to determine it the seeds get away from you a little because the roots will start growing horizontal.

If you look at image 22 – Pumpkin day 2 on page 4 of the pdf you’ll see a seed in almost the perfect orientation. I would probably tip it just a little more vertical with the root end a little higher, if that makes sense.

foodgrower

3. Steve in Ky says:

Thank you.

4. pdwalker says:

hey WC, I could convert it for you to make it suitable for posting into WordPress if you like.

5. foodgrower says:

I guess I need an editor

A correction to note in the pdf

On the next to last page last page second paragraph from the bottom of the page

“Image 34 is our cucumber on day 5”

should be

“Image 35 is our cucumber on day 5”

sorry ’bout that

foodgrower

6. Anonymous says:

Thank you foodgrower and Kenny for the content. I’ve always had trouble growing from seeds, very little success in fact. I was never sure if it was the seed used or the way I did it.

7. JC says:

Welcome to Adobe. Where things will or will not work for no discernible reason. Man do I hate pdf files and flashplayer.

8. foodgrower says:

Another correction – on page 4 under the sweet peppers I reference image 22 to state that is where the radicle of the pepper seed will protrude.

I either left out an entire line of thought, referencing the pumpkin seed image or just referred to the wrong image.

Try this for a correction,

The area on the bottom right of the seed in image 18 is where the radicle will protrude. See image 22 for what an emerged radicle looks like.

Again, sorry ’bout that