Miquel got a hard lesson in religion and life today

Yeah man, I was walking into my favorite neighborhood liquor store for a sixpack of relaxation and all of a sudden I heard all kinds of yelling and screaming coming through the open door. It’s a good thing they were open too because all of a sudden some scrawny fucking mexican gangbanger came flying out head first (literally) landed at my feet with a panic stricken look on his face.
Now, I’ve been coming here 4-5 times a week for beer, tobacco and snacks for the past couple years and I know these storekeepers to be good honest people. They’re Sikhs from Punjab and sure, they talk funny, but when was the last time a liquor store employee chased you down in the parking lot to give you your change?
Because of that, when I see a body being physically ejected from their store, I figure it’s gotta be for a good reason, right? So I stopped right in front of Jose to keep him from making a clean getaway. About .3 seconds later, Mr Singh Jr came flying out with either a sawed down baseball bat or an oversized tire billy (it was hard to tell because it was moving so fast) and commenced to whaling on poor Juan.
I stepped off to one side to avoid the blood spatter and Singh Jr says, “Escuze me, I be right wit’ choo, Boss” and I said “You bet” and stepped around Pedro because I wanted to get my beer and get the fuck out of there before the law showed and detained me for not seeing a goddamned thing.
I got my beer and stepped up to the counter and Junior was back inside while his daddy got a few good licks in himself.
“Can you believe he tried to hold us up with this?” as he holds up a cheap fucking dagger.
“Should’ve just shot the motherfucker, bro.”
“No need for excessive bloodshed, Boss” he said as I was walking out, careful to avoid slipping in Chico’s pool of blood and the puddle of piss as Poppa Singh was panting and trying to catch his breath. Poor guy has the heart but his age is betraying him.
Folks don’t realize that you really don’t want to fuck with the Sikhs. One of the tenants of their religion is defense of self, family and property and they take that shit very seriously. They don’t fuck with you, you don’t fuck with them.

This entry was posted in True Stories, Wirecutter. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Miquel got a hard lesson in religion and life today

1. Pete says:

Sikhs are some of the most straight up, honorable folks y’all will ever deal with. Warriors! (They all take the surname ‘Singh,’ meaning “Lion!”) It’s a damned shame so many ignorant motherfuckers confuse them with muzzies…

2. Maximus says:

Go ahead Kenny, tell us who Sikhs more than anything else..

3. crazyeighter says:

Hmmm. I think the world needs more Sikhs and less moslems.

4. thats about what i would have told him..

i posted some reloading stuff you’ll get a kick out of… thought of ya when i posted it LOL
    check it out

5. Nate says:

The Muslims hate them, too, which makes them more than ok in my book!

Yeah, the muslims and Sikhs have had that going on for a thousand years.

• D S Craft says:

That’s because the Sikhs won’t take any shit from the muzzies. They get punched, they punch back twice as hard.
        I worked with an older Sikh chap many years ago, back in the early 80s. Helluva good guy. Jay Singh. He would go on these cleansing diets where for a month he took in nothing but a daily mixture of water, lemon juice and maple syrup. I told him after he drank his concoction he should jump up and down to agitate the mixture in his innards and really clean them. He said he thought that was a good idea so he did. Was a really strange sight. We were working in TJ with a maquiladora and the Mexicans would refer to him behind his back as eraserhead because of the turban he wore. I told them to cut it out because he was a good guy and deserved respect. Yeah, Jay was a standup guy.

6. Chris Alaska says:

Sounds like Jose was Sikh-ing a azz whooping…

7. Mike Papa says:

Sihks are a very honarable culture…and true fucking warriors. Their right to carry a sword is upheld to this day under religious freedom.

Research Sihk temples and learn the true meaning of charity. Cross them and learn the true meaning of violence.

8. Happy in Maine says:

If I remember right, the Sihk religion was initially peaceful/pacifist until muzzies moved nearby. Then, to protect their culture and themselves, they adopted a self-defense ethos that screwed up poor Jose. The West, and especially Europe could learn from them.

9. riverrider says:

there was an attack on their temple in minn., nutjob with an ak47. unarmed, they jumped him and beat the tar out of him and handed his bloody pulp over to the lawdogs who took credit for the stop of course. tuff people. right up there with gurkhas.

10. kennymac says:

Sounds like we should import some more of them. We need more real men in America.

11. Bryn says:

Stories like this are why I start my days reading on your site Kenny.
    Happy days :)

12. H says:

I’d have paid twenty-five dollars to have seen that show.

13. ChuckN says:

And polite too! These guys would definitely get my business.

14. Kell says:

IF one should be thick enough to confuse the Sihk with muz-trds, apologise, quickly and beat tracks! these folks add a whole new meaning to holding a grudge’ if you should piss them off, I also agree with a bunch of folks here, would much rather have Sihk as neighbors than muz…hell than a bunch of white folks I’ve known! Good people, the Sihk!