Well, shit. Fuck.

Fiocchi 125 gr. 357 magnums. Six rounds in a little under 5 seconds, in a 12″x12″ target 10 yards away from a ready position and ohmigod I can’t believe I’m that slow.
I went up shooting with Cousin Jimmy a few weeks ago and tried a fast draw-n-shoot and thoroughly blew it. Two years ago I was doing it from a draw in just over 4 seconds and nowadays I can barely do 6 in 5.
Getting old fucking sucks. Not staying in the game sucks even more.

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, Guns. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Well, shit. Fuck.

1. Torpex says:

Hey, theres a sasquatch in that clip and its shooting a gun. Not bad form. Musta had some practice.

2. dogpigcat says:

But it’s the first one that matters

3. Yeah. That first one.
    There’s some old guys at my range that might be slow, but offhand at 50 yards FIFTY YARDS! they can put that first one in the center of the target and calmly follow it with the other five. These are all single-action guys, and one guy does it one-handed.
    Let’s see some sideways-shootin’ gangbanger stand up to that.
    My range membership ID numbers are up into the thousands now, and that one guy’s number is something like 143.

4. d says:

I use 158gr full wad cutters with 3.3gr of International Clays loaded in 38spl cases that I shoot all day in my GP100. The reason is I have Rheumatoid Arthritis in both hands and I am only 50 years old. I can shoot a few magnum rounds, but after 10 my hands are in a state of pain that I feel to the bones.

I can still shoot my P229 in 40sw, but I see the day coming fast that I will have to go to the 9mm Parabellum for my daily CCW weapon.

5. singlestack says:

A slow hit beats a fast miss every time.

6. =T. Wrangler= says:

On the road to the ideal 1911 I took some detours. At the stops along the way I visited S&W revolvers.
    When my uncle passed away I inherited his K22 and his M36, and my Grandpa’s Model 10.
    I then purchased a 4″ 686, and an M60. Later on, an M65 and a 640.
    I consider them all top-notch revolvers; the early blued ones are beautiful. All have excellent triggers, and none has the egregious safety lock. The 6″ K22 is probably the most accurate handgun I have ever owned, followed closely by the 686.
    Appropriate attention was devoted to holsters and ammo selection.
    (Maybe someday I will discuss my thoughts on revolver grips.)
    The 36 and the 60 have been retired in favor of the 640.
    Full power .357s from the 640 are a bit snappy, but with the Pachmayr SC grips it makes a nice, solid little package.
    The M65 round butt w/ 3″ heavy barrel is a step up in size and capacity from the 640 and handles .357 just fine. This K frame revolver may be the ideal all-around compromise in size and weight.
    The 65 or the 640 is always with me when I travel.

And speed strips. Don’t leave home without them.

We probably have different views on grips. I don’t care for rubberized grips much. I was planning on doing a post on that soon, why don’t you hold your thoughts on them until then? I’ll gladly post your opinion also – in a nice way, of course.
      Besides, I don’t think too many people will agree with what I have to say.

7. pdwalker says:

Look on the bright side, you have an excuse now to go shoot off some more rounds.

Practice makes perfect!