What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud

It feels like a bazooka — and sounds like a cannon.

One day after 49 people were killed in the Orlando shooting, I traveled to Philadelphia to better understand the firepower of military-style assault weapons and, hopefully, explain their appeal to gun lovers.

But mostly, I was just terrified.

Many gun shops turned down our request to fire and discuss the AR-15, a style of semi-automatic rifle popular with mass killers such as San Bernardino terrorist Syed Farook and similar to the Sig Sauer MCX rifle used by Orlando terrorist Omar Mateen.
-Dickweed, Gator & Maxwell’s Silver Hammer

*****

The owner of the shop sounds like he’s a big a pussy as the reporter wanting to expand background checks the way he says. It reminds me of the hoops Europeans have to jump through to own a gun and we all know how that’s worked out for them.

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Liberals. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to What is it like to fire an AR-15? It’s horrifying, menacing and very very loud

1. anonymous says:

Its not just him, CNN airs a series with a black host visiting various ‘fringe groups’, survivalists being one of them. One of them invited him to shoot an AR-15 at a target and he described the event as ‘very scary’.

Most people I have seen who shoot for the very 1st time are exhilerated. A bit scared at first (its Loud!) but after a few rounds, seem to really enjoy it.

Never been a fan of using a spray and pray bullet hose, but semi-automatics are fun to shoot, especially at dynamic targets. My cousin lives in an area with hills where you can shoot at a rolling tire with cardboard in interior – that is a lot fun !

2. loaded4bear says:

Are we sure the author wasn’t firing a 90 mm recoiless rifle?

Hyperbole much?

3. Marach says:

Ummm….AR-15 kicks like a cannon? Man, would he be surprised shooting my 300 Win Mag. Bet he can’t pop bubble wrap.

4. DD says:

Notice his name. Somebody added four too many letters to it. What a fuckin pussy-WAFP. What’s up w/the full auto comment at the end. Never seen an AR15 w/a selector switch. If it was so terrifying, why did he pop off 24 rounds? (Me thinks he was actually getting off on it). WAFP

That’s one gun shop I would hope goes tits up. Go back to Europe.
    DD

PS. I’m gonna trade mark WAFP

5. From the article: “Stelmach (the gunshop owner), who opened his shop six years ago after a career in law enforcement in Europe”

That pretty well explains everything. He is an immigrant with no concept of American rights. Close the borders, even to ex cops from Europe.

• I didn’t read far enough. Looks like he wouldn’t sell most of us a rifle any way.

“He also said he never sells a gun to someone who “looks a little bit funny,””

• According to a link somewhat further down, Kuntzman lied about and distorted Stelmach’s words. If that’s true, Stelmach may have a libel case against him. (Which he should absolutely pursue.)

6. cstory98 says:

Useful idiots. Kuntzman..Bet high school was a blast for this guy…

7. Some Other Guy says:

Sounds like a big pussy to me. It sounds like he’s describing a Howitzer not something in the 22 caliber family.

8. Phil says:

Unsurprisingly, the news critter lied. The gun shop has repudiated the claims that they want more gun control.

• If his words were twisted that badly, the store owner might have a solid libel case. The newscritter’s lies certainly hurt his business, based on the number of complaints he got in response.

9. bogsidebunny says:

Bring back the draft and hope this Semitic, bearded Liberal asshole plays the part of Leonard:

10. Sanders says:

Based on that description, my AR-15 must be defective.

11. NewVegasBadger says:

WTF? I remember seeing instructors placing the butt of the M-16 on their crotch and firing it off, to demonstrate the lack of noticed recoil. If that NY pussy thinks an AR-15 is bad, when it comes to recoil, that metrosexual wimp ought to try shooting a Mosin Nagant. As for the noise, I’ve heard louder explosions at a 4th of July fireworks show. BTW, has this wimp ever been to a rock concert? As for the rest of that worthless attack job, ah never mind, Liberals like that POS have zero regard for and ignore the reality and the facts. Would like to know, how he, the lying write would have any clue as to what it feels like to fire a bazooka?

As for explaining the why and appeal of firearms, well pussy boy and to the rest of the New York readers, If I have to explain it to you, you will NEVER understand. To those who do understand (that would be the rest of America who are still sane) no explanation is needed. You just get it.

12. Alex Lund says:

I was allowed to fire the M-16 once during my time in the German Air Force (we had the Pershing 1A Missiles and the guys of the 85th FAD had the warheads. And we shared the Shooting area in Geilenkirchen-Niederheid.)
    After firing the G-3 I did not even notice the recoil of the M-16.
    The only thing I remember is that it is easy preparing a G-3 to fire while it takes forever for the M-16.
    And thats how I remember it (I fired the M-16 in 1989)

G-3: insert Magazine, draw charging handle (thats close to the flash suppressor) towards your body as far as it goes and then let it go forward, put fire selector on single or automatic fire and lets go.
    M-16: insert Magazine.draw charging handle (thats positioned at the rear sight-ok you do not need the same strength as with the G-3 and the length of the way you have to pull the charging handle is less than with the G-3, but you have to change your posture), then push a button where you inserted your Magazine, put fire selector on single or automatic and lets go.

But still:
    I would give a lot to fire a gun again.
    A MG-3 with 50 shots would be perfect.
    Please, just once again…
    Or could you Americans invade us again (I do not care about the reason) and give us a 2nd Amendment just like you have? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jay352 says:

Want loud? AMD-65 with a 12″ barrel. Everyone at the range hates me.

14. grayjohn says:

OMG what a wuss!

15. Jack says:

7mm Mag out of a featherweight would make him piss himself.

16. Brian says:

From the article: “The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face.”

Cases do not fly past the face of a right handed shooter from a right handed AR. The picture in the article of him holding the rifle even shows that. But then, why should he let the facts/truth get in the way of a strong emotional argument such as his.

Play nice.