Summertime in California!!!

.cali

This entry was posted in California. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Summertime in California!!!

1. ed357 says:

So you let bushes, grasses, and weeds grow unchecked right up to your home for years……

and then wonder why every five (5) years the whole f$%king place burns…..

Seems like years ago before the runaway “Idiocracy” took hold it Mexifornia that this didn’t happen…..

take note of how the South treats fire fuel…..

we burn off every other year…..and keep fuel cut down near our homes.

2. Elmo says:

It was 105 in your old neck of the woods yesterday. At my place the humidity in the afternoon dropped below 5%.

3. Elmo says:

I just noticed the guy checking the lean on that tree. How’d you like to fall that sucker?

4. Doc B says:

Old boy is getting ready to do just that Elmo…..

I babysit the handcrews and sawyers when they are doing jobs like that during the summer.

5. Willy says:

Notice the supercombustion tornado? The string of fire that goes up with rotation of the bottom flames… you can get a candle flame to go up 3 feet in a glass tube this way.

Your physics lesson for today.

• Elmo says:

Speaking of physics, did you ever hear about this?

“The hydrocarbons in the resinous sap of the Western White Pine boiled out of the sap and created a cloud of highly flammable gas that blanketed hundreds of square miles, which then spontaneously detonated dozens of times, each time sending tongues of flame thousands of feet into the sky, and creating a rolling wave of fire that destroyed anything and everything in its path.”

The fire and weather it created were so intense that it sucked old growth trees out of the ground and threw them like toothpicks.