Defamating The Government

A couple of years ago, I moved into a little town called Manassas, Georgia. I initially thought it was Mayberry, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Much more on that later, including widespread burglaries, drug traffic, prison contraband smuggling, public corruption, false official statements, and one recent murder in a local nightclub. Essentially, many public officials in this area appear to routinely ignore state and federal law, and even the fundamental principles of civilization, at a genetic level.
MORE. MUCH, MUCH MORE.

This entry was posted in Guest Post, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Defamating The Government

1. rick says:

It is interesting what Wiki says about this city. Yes, city, as in incorporated. This even though the population is less than 100 in an area of 0.08 sq mi. Sounds like the makings of a fiefdom. I know a thing or two about small towns. The thing about incorporating such a small area is they can fend off the nosy county, aka circumstantial evidence of the aforementioned feudal manor.

• Tom Baugh says:

HI rick,

they can fend off the nosy county

Very perceptive. Looking at it another way, a small city can also give the county an excuse to not be nosy. Depends on the scale and source of the corruption.

More on this later.

Tom

2. MMinLamesa says:

Very interesting guy and site. I bookmarked it to follow his story. Thanks.

3. fjord says:

Thanks for posting this.

I like this guy, I liked his book, when I read it, it was like a light going on in my head.

And Yes, systemic corruption is everywhere.
    It amazes me how they come right out and admit their position (even in local government) is for their benefit and there’s nothing you can do about it. And how voicing oposition makes you the criminal.

Not doing anything is not the right thing. Doing hard things because they are right is the right the thing to do.
    At some point though, people are going to get tired of it and forget civility.

4. Joe says:

Hope and Change in local governments is joyously occurring throughout the nation.
    The “new,” old way of governing.
    So much more efficient than the representative, deliberative methods of those old Western European guys, who were encumbered by concepts of ethics, morality, and just law.

5. Sedition says:

Sounds like a town that needs to be reminded of the Battle of Athens.

6. Jack Crabb says:

I’m convinced most in government are pretty little tyrants. They make me sick, too.

I’m looking forward to much more from Tom Baugh.