Got gas?

Fire departments from across the Birmingham area are responding to a report of a gas line explosion in Shelby County. At least 10 acres are on fire, according to radio reports.

According to public safety radio reports, seven people were severely burned. A UAB Hospital spokesman confirmed three patients are already at UAB, three more are coming by ambulance, and one more is coming by air.
-Odgreen

UPDATE: Rob just informed me that it’s natural gas, not gasoline.
UPDATE AGAIN: WiscoDave sent me a link from the Wall Street Journal saying it IS gasoline.

*****

Last time that pipeline went down I couldn’t get gas in my county for damned near two weeks. Thankfully this time I have a shitload of gasoline in my shed.

This entry was posted in Forgot to categorize. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Got gas?

1. Glider Rider says:

Again? For fucks sake man. This is a damn setup. From the word go. What a crock of shit. Let’s make a situation so we can up the prices. Good God man, I smell shit.

It was $1.94 a gallon before it went down the first time, and was finally starting to drop – I think yesterday it was down to $2.10.
      Now it’ll go back up to $2.50 – if I can get it.

• Glider Rider says:

Regular is right at 2 dollars here. I filled up my bike this morning, super is around 2.85. It’s a crock of shit. We have more oil than we know what to do with. Contrary to popular belief, oil is renewable. P

2. Jeffery in Alabama says:

I know it sounds fishy, but it is what it is. All in the southeast had better top off their tank, cans, etc. Ignore all the BS about “panic buying”. We will see enough “panic buying” soon enough with ammo, mags, and firearms in the coming weeks. Get it while you can. As with gasoline, it is better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it. LOL Remember, ammunition has a much longer shelf life than petrol!

3. Rob says:

I checked on the news, they said it was a natural gas that went this time.

I was wondering so I went to the comments and there everybody was saying it was gasoline.
      Thanks. Thank God I’m all electric out here.

• Exile1981 says:

What no propane for the bbq?

A natural gas pipeline rupture is way worse than a gasolibe one. Depending on the line pressure the stored energy is like a bomb. A few years back up here in Alberta we had a lefty nut who kept trying to blow up natural gas wells and pipelines to “prove” they were evil. Thankfully he went away to the big house.

• Elmo says:

Reuters- “Colonial Pipeline Co shut down both of its main gasoline and distillates pipelines on Monday.” h/t: WRSA

Several workers suffering serious injuries. That’s a bummer.

4. Rob says:

One of the Atlanta stations just said they don’t know what it was…. but they turned all the pipelines off.

5. WiscoDave says:

Better double check; this is stating petroleum line:
    Bloomberg reports that S.C. fuel marketers are receiving allocation notices from major suppliers after Colonial Pipeline shut its mainlines on fire in Shelby County, Alabama, according to Michael Fields, executive director of state’s Petroleum Marketers Association.

* * *

As we detailed earlier, massive plume of smoke is filling the skyline after a gas pipeline exploded in Helena, Alabama according to CBS42. Fire units are headed to the scene, according to McAdory Fire Station #2. Alagasco has stated that the fire is from a petroleum line. According to the Shelby County Sheriff’s office, the blast was on the Colonial Line, with 8-9 people injured.

6. Andy says:

Isn’t this the third pipeline in about 6 weeks? Seems like this is happening a lot lately Yes, two were gasoline and one was propane but they are all fuel related. Call me paranoid but I don’t like coincidences.

7. mark says:

Buy two 5 gallon cans, fill them up. mark them #1 and #2
    Two weeks from now buy another two cans and fill them. Mark them #3 and #4
    Repeat in 2 weeks mark them #5 and #6
    Repeat in 2 weeks mark them #7 and #8
    You now have 40 gallons of gas backup.

At the 10 week mark dump 1 and 2 into your car, and fill them back up.
    Continue the rotation every week or 2 weeks.

I scribble my records on a clipboard in the shed. I sure don’t want 60 gallons of gas in my garage or shop or house. My full propane tanks are out there too.

Add cans as you have disposable income….

Congratulations, now you’re a damn prepper.

I rotate my gas cans. The oldest is nearest the door of my shed, the second oldest is second in line, etc. As I refill them, I move them. As I use a fair amount of gas in my truck, mower and generator (for my shop, it’s not wired to a power source), they get rotated fairly often.
      Sta-bil is in my monthly budget.