I’m done

“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”
-Thomas Jefferson

I’m done with the III Percent Movement. I came to that decision over a month ago and stripped all the III symbolism from my blog and on the 26th of August I sent out an email to JC Dodge, George Patton and other select individuals informing them of my decision and why. Today I’m going to explain it to you.

I’m done because it’s not what it once was nor is it now as it was intended.
One of my biggest complaints is the leadership – the very fact that it even has a leadership goes against the movement’s very ideals and intentions. Notice I said movement and not organization. It was never intended to be an organization and especially a money-making venture. Greed and self-importance got in the way.

Oh, but it has leaders. For every group out there, there’s a leader. Some of the groups are very basic, but they still have somebody that makes decisions. Then there’s the ones that try to have some organization with leaders that give themselves rank and (ohmigod) call signs and even salaries.
Unfortunately, with the internet anybody can become a leader without any kind of vetting because there’s always going to be somebody out there that agrees with him no matter how far off center the thinking is.
Every one of those leaders has a different idea of what Rightful Liberty is and in most cases it has gotten horribly twisted.

My father had a saying about Rightful Liberty that if I’ve heard once I’ve heard a thousand times – pretty much every time I said I had a right to do something. He’d put his hand up about 6 inches from my face and tell me “Your Rights end right here, boy.”

I finally got it a few years ago. Yeah, I may have had a Right to do something but if it was exercised without caution or consideration (key words there) it may be infringing on your personal Rights. We can’t be having that now, can we?
A simple example: I am perfectly within my Rights to shoot on my property on Sunday morning, but let’s say there’s a church a couple hundred yards away. Can I start my rapid fire drill as soon as the singing stops and the preaching begins? By our Founding Father’s literal word, sure I can. But by their intent? No. Even the Methodists have the Right to peace and quiet during their time of worship. There are folks that will argue that the part about ‘prohibiting the free exercise thereof’ only applies to government interference but that’s where consideration and courtesy comes into play.
I’ll go ya one better about that shooting on Sunday deal though – I don’t shoot at all on Sunday. Around here Sunday is the Sabbath – not only a day of worship but also a day of rest. Families gather for dinner here – I’m not going to ruin that for them with gunfire.
“Your Rights end right here, boy.”

Our Founding Fathers were prominent men in their communities which means that above everything else they were Gentlemen, if not by breeding then by education. Rough and crude men did not gain the respect and prominence that our Founding Fathers had to have in order to succeed back then. If you don’t believe me, read Washington’s ‘Rules of Civility’ sometime. It’s an easy read, mostly short blurbs about manners. Here’s a sample:

In the presence of others sing not to yourself with a humming noise, nor drum with your fingers or your feet.

They were Gentlemen. They believed in courtesy and respect and Chivalry. These great Men would be appalled at the way their ideals and thoughts have been perverted. When you have self-styled ‘leaders’ who advocate Jeffersonian principles yet publicly take out their frustrations on the wives of men with whom they have issues or advocate the wholesale slaughter of people because of their religion or even their affiliation within the American political system, that is a perversion of our Founding Father’s intentions if not their very words and writings.
I cannot condone such thoughts, ideals or actions. By belonging to a movement that shares a name with those that espouse those principles I am lending my name to it and as such, my endorsement.
Take my name off that list.

Am I giving up the III Percent Movement? Am I abandoning the community?
I am a Patriot. I believe in God, Family, Country. I believe in Liberty for all. I believe in You and for your Right to exist in whatever manner you choose as long as it does not interfere with my life. That is Jefferson’s definition of Rightful Liberty in a nutshell.
I don’t have to belong to a movement or especially a dues-paying organization to be a Patriot or a III Percenter in my heart and neither do you.

It’s been mentioned that I am an influence and even a voice in the III community. I never set out to become that and if it is the case, I hereby resign. I will also state here and now that I seriously question anybody’s sanity that takes me as an authority on anything.
If you want to learn about Liberty, read our Founding Father’s words – not just the documents themselves but their writings explaining their reasoning. Seriously.

I’m not abandoning the Movement in spirit or principle – I can’t, those are principles that my father instilled in me since childhood. I cannot and will not betray his spirit and to do one would be to do the other.

I’m going local, something that has been preached since the very beginning of the III Percent Movement began. Local local local. Sound familiar? It should, it’s been preached enough – so much so that the words have lost their meaning to a lot of us.
It was a foreign concept to me in California where there was almost nobody that held my political views and societal values. Here? It’s commonplace. I’ve never felt so connected to Rightful Liberty and Jeffersonian principles in my life.

I won’t abandon my beliefs or resolutions but I won’t be a part of a national movement that either can’t remember or refuses to acknowledge it’s own origins and principles.
I’m Done.

(BTW, nothing will change here at this site. I’m turning my back on the III as an organization, nothing else.)

This entry was posted in III Percenter, Patriots, Rants, Wirecutter. Bookmark the permalink.

87 Responses to I’m done

1. Winston Smith says:

Joining just makes it easier for them when Roundup time comes.
    Read UC by Ross.

I like to shoot on my prop as well, but I stop when folks start arriving home from work because I don’t own the entire neighborhood. But when the neighbor’s 5 yapyapfrufru dogs keep on and on and on exercising their dog given right to yapyapyapyapyapyapadinfinitium, then its time for some shotgun practice. Which terrify the yapyaps.
    Much easier to train the dogs than to train the neighbors. 4 out of 5 brainless yapyaps now know to STFU when shotgun guy has had enough and comes out. I’ll give and take, but theres a reasonable limit.

2. Andrew says:

Good for you. It has been proven over and over again that those that start a movement or a revolution are either left on the side of the road or one of the first people lined up against the wall when the new ‘leaders’ take power. Sad but true. Always the teachers, who want everyone to lead, are destroyed by the leaders, who want everyone to follow.

The concept of the III% is sound, it was just the application and appropriation of the movement that sucked. Same with the Teaparty. Good idea, got taken over and destroyed by internal issues.

In reality, local is the only way to go. You can only truly change and control what you can see.

As to what you are to me, particularly, you are an example and a teacher. Watching you ramble through your thoughts and actions over the years has helped me understand what I think and believe. I thank you for that. I am also looking forward to seeing where you go from now, and why.

You’ve done a much better job of being a 3per than you think. Those other people who call themselves III%ers and want fawning toadies and bootlickers are the very things they shout out against. You aren’t. You have always been who you are, a loyal (to those people and things that deserve it) and brave citizen who just wants the nation to follow the original laws and let you be to do what you want.

As they said in the ’70s, “Keep on Truckin.”

Oh man, if you’re using me as an example, you are truly fucked.

• bikermailman says:

Wrong. It may have been gentlemen like Washington, Jefferson and Adams who were the leadership, but it was cantankerous good ol’ boys with morals who fought, then built. Minutemen in the north, Overmountain Men down south, Kit Carson or the Ingalls’ family. You’re in with good people now, give thanks for that. Everyone keep on the local, local, local idea, and always keep a close eye on people who want to ‘take charge’. Andrew’s right that this is just like what happened with the Tea Party movement.

• elric says:

Dammit man, you made me snort beer out my nose!

• Andrew says:

Naw, it is the rough men with hearts of gold and their deep emotions that have saved the world more often than the slick city folk.

Think Sgt. York. A rough-assed drunken man who cleans up his life (mostly due to a nice woman (gee, does this sound familiar?)) and fixes the things that he can, by saving his troops. That’s the type of people you are.

You have made positive changes in lots of people, whether they like it or not. So get over yourself, go hug Ms. Lisa, and finally accept that some of us actually do care for your rude-assed self.

Geez, some people just can’t take a friggin Compliment!

Seriously, no, not fucked, I am better because of you. Not to get all slobbery here but I live in a somewhat similar situation with my seriously handicapped wife in our seriously fucked up life and reading your pages has helped me settle down and become a better man and a better husband.

• Infidel Ben says:

I have been vetted twice. How do they vet someone? Also, after I joined the Under Ground R.R. and was told I had been vetted, I never heard anymore from the group. What gives with that? I have no negative in my background at all. Former FFL retailer, 3 times Cconceal Carry license holder. Thanks for any info.

3. honor…..long forgotten yet……imitable. in the relationship of man to man, will not be exceeded. we’ll live by or die by it…. it alone is the basis of functioning society….all else is….pretentious…false…weak….. ……godspeed

4. livintoride says:

i have actually been expecting a post like this from you.. i’ll not explain that statement as i don’t figure i have to.. i observe more than i comment as you may have noticed ..

5. Andy says:

You seem to have some expertise in the area of MILFs. Beyond that – not a clue what you know.

I’ve been done with the idea of an organized movement for a while now. I come here for the entertainment value (net the Kerodin stuff – that’s just tired and worn out).

I live my life as I see fit and still believe in gentlemanly behavior as that’s how I was brought up. I don’t need a god, or anyone else to tell me what my morals are or should be.

End manifesto.

6. Phssthpok says:

“I will also state here and now that I seriously question anybody’s sanity that takes me as an authority on anything.”

Not even Antique Barbed Wires?

Aw man!….

7. Angel says:

I don’t know if I was ever taken seriously as a part of the movement, so I’m not sure if I can quit.

But I appreciate your decision and reasoning behind it.

8. WiscoDave says:

Well said and no worries from me. I “did” this a while ago myself. I know how I feel about things.
    Local, local, local. But there are still those not local I respect and think of often. You, whether or not that is a good idea, are one of those individuals.

9. jessejames87 says:

“I seriously question anybody’s sanity that takes me as an authority on anything.”

This. With the exception of bad ideas and personal insights into what the19th century was like… :D

10. RustyGunner says:

I think most people are nature’s minions, always searching for someone’s ass to tuck their noses into. I never saw you as a leader or a “voice”, whatever that means. You’re a guy who usually has interesting things to say, which is why I read your blog.

Well, that and the milfs.

People are going to try to follow you no matter what (see Brian, Life Of). All you can do is eat enough beans and broccoli to make them regret the decision.

11. Glider Rider says:

They call me Tater Salad.

• Glider Rider says:

On a lighter note that is why I got out of the MC I was in. No one tells me when or where to ride my motorcycle. If I want to leave it parked for a month by God that is what I’ll do.

• No shit! I was part of an astronomy club for a while until the psychopaths got a foothold and tried dictating to the membership how to enjoy the night sky. They were mystified when membership dropped from 250 to about 40 and decided that MOAR control was needed.

12. Sedition says:

Same here. I figure I can do a lot more as a gray man in the shadows than following some Napoleon wannabe.
    Will I still listen to what they have to say? Absolutely…just like I always have. And, just like I always have, I’ll weigh their views and opinions with my own and see if they jive.
    More often than not, I go my own way and do what I think is best.
    If they don’t like it, they can puff my magic dragon.

13. PawPaw says:

Meh. Lots of us love Freedom without getting organized about it. But… wait… I’m a member of a couple of organizations that want to defend freedom. We’re doing okay.

Mainly I come for the Good Morning Girl, and the gun stuff. And Milfy Monday, and Fanny Friday, but I’m a dirty old man.

14. Andy Cox says:

“I seriously question anybody’s sanity that takes me as an authority on anything”

Does this mean that I and many others are crazy because we think you have an authority of being real? You are a good man that was raised that way by an equally good man. Be proud of your heritage and your mindset, not an organization. You are not the only one leaving the III. I have heard and read of others. I guess the common denominator is fat guys with DMR rifles that give themselves call signs and salaries. Stay true to who you are and you will never be wrong.

Thank you for the way that you write about these issues. You have a knack for making the rest of us understand. That makes you an authority again. Oh shit, call the guys with the straight jackets.

Seriously, Kenny, please keep up what you are doing. There are a lot of folks that depend on your musings and such.

15. drjim says:

One of the best things you’ve ever written, Ken.

And you’ve written a lot of great stuff.

Well done!

16. Bootmaker says:

well stated amigo
    civility should be manditory not optional
    And Yes, Jefferson was probably the most forward thinking genius of his time

17. Paulo says:

You are a good man, KL. Best of luck. And hats off to Wisco with his local local comment. Best of days for you in your new home..

18. Paraclete says:

I’ll just share what I wrote over at MDT…..
    Paraclete | October 2, 2016 at 18:02

Personally, I am just an individual who’s geared up, and
    will make myself available to stand Against those who’ll
    try to steal my Liberty, my Freedom, and my Republic.
    My rank: Just A “Regular Guy”

19. Grandpa says:

Brother, I kinda thought you’d done this before; looking at your heart and your spirit for a while. And I believe you know about when I pulled chocks on it, too. Sad, that a thing with such potential lost it; but I’ve said for years that “unrealized potential” is an affront to God, and an embarrassment to those given that potential. What is known as the lll, will not be allowed to ruin what we call liberty. I shall continue to work locally – both where I am currently, and where I am heading – with God’s grace I will be there ‘pre-excitement’.
    You are a good man, brother; blessed with a good lady. We should all be so blessed and fortunate. Keep on, brother. Truck ’em easy; and keep in touch if you’ve a mind to.
    Of course, you know I’ll come by here once in a while, so you know I’m not dead, lol.
    And if you’re counting, this is three replies in a row where I didn’t cuss. Or, maybe only two. Fuck, I don’t remember.

20. SemperFi, 0321 says:

Congratulations.
    As I keep telling everyone, the world would be a better place if folks would stop being groupies. Followers are always looking up to someone else to lead them around, instead of looking inside and realizing they can run their own life better by themselves. But that takes guts and some confidence in yourself, which most of the sheep are lacking. You don’t want sheep following you around.

How about no more Kerodin posts either, he’s history too. Stirring the pot just keeps bringing the scum to the top, again and again.

Okay, no more Kerodin posts until he fucks up. How’s that?

• Jack Crabb says:

Shit, that’s a regular occurrence. But even I got sick of that little fuck. I don’t give that piece of shit any clicks.

I figured I could find my own Pat Buchanan columns. His occasional posts that were correct began to be taken over with personal attacks and I was done with Mr. Pink Hands.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

Agreed!

• Andrew says:

I personally don’t mind the Kerodin stuff, as long as you keep posting when someone sticks one into him. Can’t wait until the lawyer stuff you hinted at a while ago referencing the red-haired angel of death comes out.

It’s your space. If you need to vent, vent. We can pick and choose what to read.

21. Wrench says:

I agree. Keep it local but keep your ear to the ground.

Throughout the ages, the remnants have always picked up the broken pieces of the world when tyrants and psychopaths waged the worse of humanity upon the peoples of the world.

The real shame, after what history tells those who care to heed, is that we even have to think this way-have these discussions, spend our earnings on these things and put up with tyranny. However, psychopath’s will always be with us; just appears there are more of them these days.
    I pray everyday that I will not see what we all fear is coming.
    Thanks Ken. I appreciate your honesty.

22. Grog says:

I arrived at the same perspective earlier this year, as you and others have described, having the perspective/mindset of Liberty doesn’t require membership, just an independent view of Life and a self-reliance that doesn’t fit in with the world.

23. Joe says:

Indeed! Our founding fathers were polished men of manners.
    In the coarseness of our times, it’s hard to appreciate such high-mindedness.
    As you suggested, one should read their own words and the words of their peers.
    They clearly understood the close relation of morality and manners.
    May I add to your suggested reading, “Stonewall Jackson’s Book of Maxims,” by J.I. Robertson.
    It made me want to be a better man.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

They were also typical men, backstabbing bastards who never overlooked a chance to screw one another over.
      Read “Hologram of Liberty” by Ken Royce. You won’t believe the low handed shit our founding fathers pulled off on one another, to cheat and deceive the other side whenever it suited them. Don’t be putting them on a pedestal along with angels, for they were anything but that, they were politicians first.
      Historical myths and lots of yrs gone by have a way of mellowing their political sins.

• Joe says:

Yea……
        Now that I think about it: I suppose cynicism really does yield more benefit in the “pursuit of happiness?”

24. Sanders says:

I hate to use movie quotes, but as John Wayne said, “A man ought to do what he thinks is right.”

Just because I never joined any particular group, I’ve never put down anyone else who does. However; I do wish those who seek a leader would at least vet the so-called leader honestly and thoroughly and reject those with questionable backgrounds. There are some good men in the movement. Most of them do subscribe to “local local local”.

What is being brought to the surface (to so many people’s dashed hopes), is that many of those who proclaim themselves leaders have no business even leading a troop of Cub Scouts, let alone Patriots.

I come here for the things other folks mentioned above – plus the gunfighter stuff and “this day in history”.

Keep doing what you are doing.

25. Geronimo says:

Lead on…

On a serious note, good for you!

I have so much contempt for this oligarchical bullshit, blue blood horseshit, financial ass raping, and systemic moral perversion perpetuated by these arrogant and disingenuous serpents. We are all their piggy banks, broken open ad nauseam, spiritually, culturally, and financially to fuel our own demise, then quickly taped back together with the bubblegum of hollow promises of “tomorrow will be better.” I don’t see that “tomorrow.”

You mentioned “local”… The cancer inflicted by our betters, second by agonizing second, is terminal and, sadly, it’s national. A couple pints might dull the pain, but it’ll never cure the filth that is plaguing our country.

I’m a blade of grass, seething, tired of getting stepped on, spit on, and browbeaten. Waiting for it to end. Waiting, but the end will only come with a new beginning. I don’t know what that is.

26. Artie Lufkin says:

III% is an f’in joke.

27. pigpen51 says:

Wirecutter, I will only say that I would stand shoulder to shoulder with you in defense of our freedom, and this changes nothing except the III% ability to claim you as a hero for themselves, which they might have done in the past, but now they have no way to do so. I have not been a joiner much in my life, and have also withdrawn myself from organizations which I have grown disallusioned with, most notably the NRA. When I think of your upfront approach to this, I am happy to be a member of the organization known as men. This is not something that we join but that we are born into.

28. BaconLover says:

OK, now that’s done, can we get back to MILF’s and Bacon. Especially Bacon.

I have been slacking on the bacon posts, huh?

• Deb says:

Damn, you’re right! There has been a lack of bacon posts. My son ran a trail rail race this past weekend. I go to all his races, but this one? THE BEST as there was food for us spectators/slackers. Pulled pork sandwiches and chocolate-covered bacon on a stick! The prizes for the winners? Homemade pies! Fall in Maine, the smell of woodsmoke from the fire to keep us warm laced with the smell of bacon, mmmmm, bacon.

• Andrew says:

MILFs with Bacon?

29. elric says:

Hmmm, Bacon…

30. JohnnyDerp says:

If you followed the last couple of posts at SSI, you can see how horribly wrong things went there. All of that went down with people who had ranks and call signs, etc. I argued for winning popular support at the local level among our neighbors, a few very vocal rank and call sign turds wanted to go out, wave their guns and other things around to intimidate the community. If the SHTF. would you be more likely to get support from people who find you honorable and worthy of respect, or someone who sees you as a bully? Because people who see you as a bully will report you to authorities in a New York Minute

I’ll stay local, and in a tight group of well know and trusted friends. Trusted because they have been tested by shared experience

Wirecutter, I read your stuff, but this is the first time I have commented here. I love the post, especially about the manners

31. Pastor Mike says:

Kenny…. I completely understand where your head is at, and your heart. I’ve been there before, several times, heck I was there at the beginning. I wrote the articles in my newsletter , The Tri-States Gazette , back in the mid-90’s that MV read (he was on my mailing list and we exchanged some letters) about the original Revolutionary War 3%ers. That is why he always said that he “co-founded” the 3%ers.
    Life for me changed after I foster/adopted three children and the government then came down on me with a vengeance , so I slipped into the background. Then I had some major health issues, so what good was I going to be to anyone like that ?
    Now, I’m on the mend and all of the kids are grown and gone. I told you once before that I had been following your blog for quite sometime, what I never said was that it was from when you first started it. I’ve watched you and others like you come and go, have their moments and then pass. But you Sir…. yes you. You, are a Three percenter through and through.
    You will ALWAYS have those who pursue mammon over substance , that is their downfall, not yours. Do not let others sins taint your good well, for that is what you have here, in your Blog, a wellspring of knowledge. One man’s journey, good-bad, up-down and even sideways at times ! So be it , it is YOUR journey and we are just along for the ride.
    If you ever want to talk you can find me over at http://www.threepercenter.org/index.php

Yours Respectively, Pastor Mike ( aka CHICAGO MIKE …… back in the 90’s )

32. warhorse says:

still III and oathkeeper, but not a “member” of any organization. what people are creating are spiders, and we need more starfish.

we need to stop letting these other groups “own” III. it’s ours. all of ours. and I don’t intend to let someone else take the ground I’m standing on without making them pay for it, and dearly.

I’m still III because I’m following the principles set forth by Mike. if we don’t keep putting what he said out there, it will be forgotten. and we’ll have another group in 10 years start over doing the same thing, making the same mistakes, and relearning how to walk again and again.

each time we make the same mistakes….and each time a new set of people step up to lead, not knowing what has come before them. sometimes not even knowing that something even came before them, as though they are pioneers in a land long explored and mapped but only recently forgotten. survivalists in the 70’s and 80’s. militia in the 90’s, tea party and 912 in the 00’s. III and oathkeepers now. we re-learn each time, and the other side never forgets, never makes the same mistakes, never gets tired or quits.

“Who sees further a dwarf or a giant? Surely a giant for his eyes are situated at a higher level than those of the dwarf. But if the dwarf is placed on the shoulders of the giant who sees further? … So too we are dwarfs astride the shoulders of giants. We master their wisdom and move beyond it. Due to their wisdom we grow wise and are able to say all that we say, but not because we are greater than they.” Isaiah di Trani ben Mal

we can’t afford to be re-learning to walk again. we don’t have that kind of time.

33. flaxensaxon says:

Good man! Stand by your pinciples and damn the nay sayers.

34. J.B. says:

Guess most of us knew you were done a while back. I ran across your blog a few years back and read it almost every day. We have a shitload in common, more then you know, because I’m a long time reader but seldom comment.
    Got a relative (cousin) in a local militia, he kept after me to join too, be a III%er and such. I went to one of their meetings with him, mainly to get him off my ass about it, and didn’t really like what I saw. The BMFIC strutted around tellin’ everybody what they should have and do and the treasurer said dues were goin’ up. Nobody voted on shit, it was all “Because we said so.”
    I haven’t been back.
    My close family and I have it figured out if TSHTF, we’ll be okay. Dad’s place has a well and a large lake for fish, there’s food put up by my wife and sisters, lots of ammo, and plenty of game. We’ll be okay till the storm troopers show up. There’s some neighbors we can count on too. If things go sideways and there’s an all out shootin’ war, I figure I’m dog meat anyway, I’m 61, been in several bike wrecks so my bones ain’t very happy, and have diabetes. Best I can do, is the best I can do.

35. M. Liam Callahan says:

You’re a good man Mr. Lane. I came to that realization when you were helping that homeless guy who took up residence in your backyard even though you were going through a rough time yourself. Happy birthday to Miss Lisa and my best to the dogs as well.

36. MSG Grumpy says:

Dear Patriot,
    On this rare occasion that I feel compelled to write you please understand I wish no offense, Though I must wholeheartedly disagree with your statement that you are not a leader. I enjoy your blog, your stories and especially your honest outlook on life. I seldom find reason for disagreement but since I do on this occasion, allow me a moment to explain.

My favorite truth-ism that I see in practice every day is this: “Your actions speak so loud, I can’t hear a word you are saying.” Whether we like it or not, each of us make decisions that affect those around us. Some people go through life being led by the nose like so many cattle. Never standing up for what is right, or even complaining about what is wrong.

However, there are some people who do take a stand, recognize not only what is right and good for them, but also dares to recognize those things that are right and good for their families, community and even their country. Some who claim to see what is right and good seem to think that they are the lone experts and authority on what should be done with others’ families, communities and dare say how the country should conform to their own vision.

We all know people who claim the mantle of authority with much vigor, all the while demonstrating why they should never have such authority. Unfortunately, human nature steps in and far to many of our fellow Americans prefer a blind obedience to the hard work of individual liberty.

All of those who are serious and steadfast in their obligation to recognize and to stand for what is right and good in their own life, their families lives and in their actions with their fellow Americans are those few who lead. Most never obtain for themselves a paid position of authority, yet each by their very nature does lead with whom they come in contact.

So while you may not have an office in the organization that some label as American Patriots, with each of our actions we lead those around us to higher ground. It takes no fancy titles or political pedigree. But it does take courage, as those who have deemed themselves as the authority does not take kindly to those who stand for what is right.

It is here on the battle ground of Liberty that we are all called to lead, even if we only lead a party of one, or a family of one, or a single community or even nation, none could be led to higher ground without first a man who chooses to stand for what is right and good.

With respect,
    MSG Grumpy

37. MICHAEL says:

OPERA NON VERBA BROTHER

38. intheaspens says:

It saddens me that Mike’s vision as laid out in his III Catechism has been co-opted the way it has been. I completely understand and support your decision. I completely agree with staying local. I’ll also always carry Mike’s catechism in my heart.

39. idaho bob says:

I do believe that Mike V, when he started the concept of the III percent, meant it as a movement, not an organization. Many years ago, when I first read his blog and got a hold of the III concept, I felt that I had found a definition that fit the way that I felt and believed. I still hold to those concepts.

More than one individual has tried to make the III percent an organization, and ALL of those experiments have ended in disaster.

When sammy secret squirrel hit the scene, I felt that he had a good concept going with the idea of the citadel and III arms. Well, to make a long story short, in short order, I realized that he wasn’t serious about making a difference, but just a scam artist that was all about himself.

Recently, I dropped the III from my signature when posting on blogs. The reason for that is the corruption that has been made of the name III percent, and do not want to be affiliated with the ass clowns that have tried to make it into their own personal kingdom.

I want to thank you, Kenny, for making your general readership aware of the ass clownery of of one sammy secret squirrel, and all of the other aliases that he goes by.

I’m glad that I live in a region of Idaho that he does not live in. We have a great number of like minded individuals here that do not put up with his brand of shit.

Thanks for all that you do, and I do not consider you to my leader, God is.

Bob

40. Fucking drama queen…

;)

I’m gonna get down there someday and pay you and Miss Lisa a social call. In the meantime, if’n you’re ever up Indy way, give me a shout.

Good luck to you both, bro.

41. Hymen Roth says:

Good move Wirecutter. “The movement” sure seemed to attract a bunch of wild-eyed, Walter Mittys who thought the path to “Rightful Liberty” came from holocausting 1/3 of the country and the starting point for all discussions was shooting people in the face. The debacle at Malheur was emblematic of the whole of the “III%” in my view. A group of people to stay far, far away from and not emulate in any way, shape, or form.

Glad you made it out of occupied territory and settled in Dixie. It has a way of focusing people on what’s right and good in the world. Cheers, sir.

42. Jim in Tulsa says:

“Even the Methodists…” LMAO!

43. Jack says:

Glad to hear it Kenny. The whole thing impressed me is a massive false start, impossible to effectively organize something this widespread with people so far apart from one another. I think there’s way too many within the III community he’s already done way too many times. My own personal Credo: Don’t ever compromise, don’t quite when it counts, stick to your guns and values. Be your own man, the only one you can be. Faith, Family, Perseverance, bend a knee only to God.

44. Colesdad says:

You made me feel kinda bad, we made the church mistake 3 years ago. There was this gum tree that had been cut down for a fence row many years ago and came back as a 4 pronged giant where my cousin wanted to build his house. After 2 weeks with a 450 john deere and two broken 1.5″ cables we decided on tannerite. The local church had a friend on a pew and he said the first boom(4lbs) rattled the windows, the second the preacher stopped midsentence(4lbs), the third(8lbs, a sparkler, full propane tank, and 10 gallons of gas)the whole congregation stood up, lol. The sheriff’s arrived after #2 and were cool. Said they shot the stuff all the time.

I love your blog bud.

45. MM_454SS says:

As someone who was misled years ago, I applaud your decision. I am a frequent reader of your blog and enjoy every visit. Yea, I’m kinda warped too, but that’s how I roll.

I supported a group for a short period until we all got fleeced by the person who called himself a leader. We are all still here and doing what we believe in, but as individuals in our community. It has turned out to be a very fulfilling and fruitful endeavor. God, Family, Country is the only allegiance any of us need, and that is instilled in all of us at an early age. I think my Dad and Grandad would be proud to know I still carry what they taught me, and I’m sure we’ll talk about it when I see them again.

Regardless of your opinion of yourself Mr. Lane, you are looked up to for your honesty and real life experiences openly stated on this blog time and time again. You can tell a lot about a man by a handshake, it would be great to shake yours one day.

Did someone say BACON!!!!!

46. ed357 says:

When the games begin…..

the leaders will be easy to spot.

47. Treaded says:

Lane, you nailed it. Bottom line folks – think local.

48. holland says:

If you do not put our hand in another’s face and say, “Your Rights end right here” and be willing and able to back it up, they have no reason to stop and you will soon have no rights. No life. No liberty. No property.

Here is our problem: There are organized forces that want our rights, freedom, and property. They are willing to use force to take what they want – specifically, the force of government. There is an organization specifically suited to resist these forces. No other organization will, or can, legally perform this function. It is the Constitutionally mandated well regulated militia. So our real problem is the ABSENCE of organization and leadership.

The WRM is the military arm of a sovereign state that guarantees its citizens security and freedom. Nothing else can or will raise the hand that stops tyranny because nothing else has the legal standing to back it up with military force. The absence of the WRM has spawned the rising of lesser groups filled by good and patriotic men that do not understand the basic principles of our democratic republic. We should read it again. And again. And again. Read it until it finally sinks in.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If we were going to organize around anything, it should be the reestablishment of the single thing NECESSARY to our security and freedom. We should demand that the legislature of our respective states re-institute the well regulated militia without which our freedom, liberties, property, and very lives will be in peril.

I can go on for days about this so I’ll give it to you in a nutshell.
      Well regulated, in the vernacular of the day, meant well supplied. Nothing more, nothing less. The term had nothing to do with regulations, control, rank stucture or any of the other bullshit that people try to interpret it mean.
      And all able bodied men were the militia so the militia is in place right now.

49. Walter says:

Kenny, Kenny, Kenny,
    Oh well, at least keep the blog going!

50. You’ve laid out precisely why I am not a leader or a follower. I would add that you’d be amazed at the kinds of things you notice when adopting such an attitude but you’re already experiencing them in your new home.

You’re light years ahead of most people Kenny in that you still retain the ability to examine your own life and make course corrections as you go regardless of age. That is a very rare thing in modern day ‘Murica.

51. Another one bites the dust. As dust we become many and for the untrained eye, invisible but ready at all times…….

God speed……

52. Richard Raymond says:

Great article, without faith and honor one is empty.
    Your right about California no one I know thinks like I do at least no one I know.

53. Donk says:

Kenny,

Two words you mention that strike a resonant chord – gentlemen and chivalry. What archaic yet essential truths. Those two words really sum.up our cause. Both scream the dogma of threes. God first, all others second and me a distant third. If we all endeavored to live our lives under that creedo why would we five a wit what the baddies plotted or did to us. They just don’t matter regardless of the outcome. I sacrifice me for family, kin and kith, tribe whatever. I am not a Viking worshiper but – to give all for something greater than us. To live free regardless of the outcome to die a good death in the eyes of the Almighty – what more could a real man want? I cannot think thereof

God bless you in Gods land of the Appalachian redoubt.

Your friend,

Donk

54. Andy says:

Kenny,

Please note I have not read any other comments here so nothing should be construed in relation to anything but your post and my own thoughts.

Also, while I frequent many III sites and am grateful for many of the ideas and information shared, I never have considered myself part of the movement. So my own perspective is one of a friendly outsider.

Our first freedom should always be the freedom to our own thoughts opinions beliefs and will. For this last, free will must also carry a responsibility to respect the free will of others. In your church example, yes, you have the free will to shoot but the church as the free will to worship. Your choice to honor their free will, even if their singing annoys you is a good and proper one. It is the insistence of those who would exercise their “rights” despite any conflict or good sense that perpetuates the “need” for laws to regulate the unruly. Society decided on limitations and in our society we elect others to represent out interests.

As far as the III “movement” is concerned, I see no need to “resign” as it appears to be falling apart on it’s own. It will survive in one form or another just as the tea party survives, but there is no going back to the “good times”. The same goes for our nation. This is one reason I never involved myself with the III’s. Bluntly, I was ignorant of it until very late in the game and at that time I already realized the futility of it all.

Keep in mind, For decades many, myself included, anticipated and still do anticipate a time when we all will need to choose between our constitutional freedoms and a police state. Some maintain we already live in the latter and I am not sure those people are wrong. While I have not been unaware of how our nation has changed, until recent years, I always considered myself a citizen in a constitutional America. At one point I woke up to realize this is all a myth. Imagine suddenly understanding you’ve been living on a movie set and nothing is real.

Back to the III concept – I’m sorry if I am bursting anyone’s bubble but even if all this came to a head and even if a group of constitutional patriots won – what then? Rebuild? Okay. Great. At some point we would end up right back here or some semblance thereof with too little freedom and too much power in the hands of too few. This is our nature. Part of the problem with the III movement is the rank and file seeks to put power in the hands of a leader. Even in the tiniest group – one will lead and eventually another will challenge the lead.

The problem of the III movement is greater than mankind. The simple fact is there can be no solution devised by man. All roads come full circle as a man lost in the woods. The good news is there is a solution..It is not of us but of God and it is forthcoming. Look to the biblical prophecies. This is all laid out. Look closely enough and you will see evidence of technology no one could have imagined over 2000 years ago but it is here now.

Kenny, I know you have no need of any nod from me but for what is is worth, I’d say you are doing exactly the right thing. If I understand the III movement, it was never about centralizing leadership but just the opposite. While I have no way of predicting what’s coming, most of us know something is in the air and that air thickens as I write.

While it is great to have a nationwide network of like-minded people to draw and learn from, chances are this will not always be available. We will still be able to communicate somehow. Our forefathers formed a great nation mostly by pen and horse.

God bless,