One Million Hits in one month. Yup, we did it.

Read this post HERE (opens in a separate tab) before you go any further.

The next day, the very next day, I hit a new daily high with 42,608 views. That then put me into a new weekly high with 256,632 which gave me an all time monthly high of 1,009,969 for October. And we’re not even going to talk about the new daily high of 47,095 yesterday because, well, the million hit month just beats that all to pieces.

That’s right, I went over 1,000,000 for the month. One Million. Unreal. I might have to splurge and drink a beer to celebrate – no wait, a six-pack of beer is one case of dogfood, can’t let the doggies starve. I’ll drink a glass of tea instead.

Okay. So what made October so special? Again, I don’t know. What put me over the top though is this post HERE. Pete over at Western Rifle Shooters Association linked it and sent more than six thousand readers over here. From WRSA Matt Bracken, Patriot and author, linked it on his FB page and sent a few thousand more over.
If it wasn’t for those hits, I’d have missed it by thaaaat much. Thank you, Pete. Thank you, Matt.

So what are my all time most popular posts with the most views?
My #1 post by far and away is HERE when me, the judge and the State of California told Kerodin to fuck off. That post still get hits.
#2 is when I fulfilled a promise to all of you HERE. Yeah. Ha ha.
#3 is the above mentioned post that WRSA and Matt Bracken linked to.
#4 was this post HERE that I hated to write – when I let you know I dropped the national III Percent movement.
#5, for some reason, is THIS. Yeah, I don’t know.
After that and in no particular order it’s a mish-mash of prepping/gun/gun tech posts, stories about my life, Milfy Mondays, assorted posts from Sam Kerodin’s House Of Cards and political posts.

What’s my secret? Well, it’s my dynamic writing style, my winning personality and….. Nah, you ain’t buying that shit, are you? The simple truth is, I don’t know. I do suspect though that it’s because like all of you, I’m just a regular person and I’m not afraid to admit it. I don’t try to make myself out as something I ain’t – I’ve shared my life with y’all – my hopes, accomplishments and failures. Especially my failures.
I think the biggest thing though is the rapport I have with y’all. Check out the comments and you’ll see I enjoy going back and forth with you. When somebody emails me with a question, I answer the question or at least steer them in the direction of somebody that can give them a better answer.

Anyways, thanks to each and every one of you that encourages me by reading my blog and contributes whether it’s a link, picture, donation or comment.
Y’all Rock!!!

This entry was posted in Blog, Wirecutter. Bookmark the permalink.

37 Responses to One Million Hits in one month. Yup, we did it.

1. Grandpa says:

…well, the half a million times I visited probably helped, lol. Honestly, brother; congratulations. Your effort in making it interesting every day is what brings me here. You and Pete are the only ones I check in with daily, hell; I only visit Rawles and Poretto a couple times a week – and Curtis and a few others once a week. And I’m not visiting for any specific reason; it is the sum total.
    Plus, your count as compared to “Pink hands/Blue guns/Yellow stripe” must really make him cry…
    And that makes this gnarly ol’ dude smile.
    You and Lisa be safe and blessed, brother.

2. Nate says:

What’s my secret?
    ——

You do have an interesting website, that does cover a lot of interesting topics.
    I read about 50 web sites a day and do not miss yours. So do many others I presume.
    ————
    Just for demographic interest: I am a dark skinned Englishman with Caribbean heritage and am a Canadian. I, like so many on this planet, look up to the USA for FREEDOM in this world.
    God bless the American people. For all their faults, they are still the only shining light in a very dark world.

As they say in Jamaica – WALK GOOD.

3. warhorse says:

now I gotta watch what I say…I made the mistake of sending a link from here to my girlfriend and now she reads everything and comments too!

her name for the site is “the one with the bear scratchin’ his butt at the top”

I can insist it’s a wolverine all day but she will have none of it.

4. Ed says:

Congrats! Keep up the Good Work!!

5. Bobo the Hobo says:

#5 because of the whiny little dumbass bitch’s voice – you just know she votes for Hillary. I’m still rooting for the bear.

• Judy says:

Bobo – I went to see what it was and after about 10 seconds I had to turn the sound off. What a dumb ass!

6. Deb says:

That would be a MILFy Monday. Just sayin’. Congrats on the awesome stats!

7. luis says:

I come here for the titties.

8. Rob says:

Why? Shit, you’re honest & usually amusing.

9. Elmo says:

I hate to tell you this, but your secret IS your dynamic writing style and your winning personality. Not to mention, your modesty and decency kind of shine through. But you wouldn’t notice that, because you’re modest and decent!

Congratulations! I was proud to join you in your Million Hit March (in October).
    And thank you.

10. Steve says:

I read the ‘gassing the hippie’ link first, and always appreciated it. I kind of thought it should be a sidebar link, for people who hadn’t seen it.

11. Craig R says:

What’s your secret? It is your honesty, writing style, and winning personalty! I think we all like that you are a regular guy…someone we have come to know even though we have never shaken your hand…a friend. Your posts are varied…a little bit of everything…entertaining!

I also like the comments to your posts. Your readership is knowledgeable and very quick witted. I found your blog through Angel’s site. She is a good sport in her comments to your posts. Thanks to Wisco Dave for his entertaining raccoon adventure stories and all the resulting raccoon posts that have followed. I particularly like the fact that you re-posted Wisco’s story for newer readers that had not read it.

I wonder how many rounds of ammunition sold after your post made the rounds…

12. BiblicalViolence says:

Just an observation but was there a “up tick” of views after the big move? There may be a correlation to volume of posts to volume of views…and asides from the name(s), I’m sure you can tell I’ve been a reader for a little while, which is to say the quality of your blog never waivers bro. Awesome fucking job

13. Winston Smith says:

Congratulations! Quite a milestone. Now turn it into money.

For me, its your irreverent sense of humor. And the hot asses, of course.

14. Bootmaker says:

well hell. that blows my theory all to shit.
    you really do HAVE a knack\talent for all this ,
    and it wasnt just all the acid flashbacks inspiring ya.

15. John Deaux says:

Congrats Wirecutter, keep up the good work.

16. D S Craft says:

I’ve noticed one of the things you do which is absolutely crucial is providing regular updates. You have several entries (or more) each and every day and that keeps people coming back throughout the day. I’m retired and since I don’t watch television I’m on the internet virtually all day long if I’m not doing chores, and they don’t take up that much of my time. I know that if I’ve burned through my other bookmarked sites I can come back here again because there will be something new. Instapundit is the same way – he has a ton of new entries every day and it keeps people coming back for more. Aaaand, you post up good shit. Aaand when I comment here I feel like I’m talking to regular people. So keep up the good work. You’re on your way to becoming an institution. Pretty soon you’re going to have to hire a team of writers to help you out.

I schedule at least one post every two hours from midnight til 6 PM just for that reason and I post news and off the wall shit as I run across it – like with my morning coffee, for instance.
      And I am regular people – if you don’t believe that ask me about the toothache I refuse to go to the dentist for.

• crazyeighter says:

Pretty much sums up my reasons for coming here, except I’m too lazy to write it out like that.

17. You do good work, bro. Keep at it.

And PS: that Geiselle SSA? Holy cow. Gamechanger. Thanks.

18. Concerned Mama says:

Congrats!!! That’s awesome, and keep up the good work!!

19. Btroll says:

I come here for titties.

Honestly, it’s because you post a ton of content. It’s worth checking every day.

20. elric says:

Congrats!

Great writing, the Real Life style of writing makes it come across very well.

21. ExpatNJ says:

Congrats. Free men (and women) have to encourage each other.

22. Angel says:

I clicked on your link over at MOTUS back in April 2012.
    It was a Milfy Monday, and I was appalled.
    I kept reading for more shit to yell at you about;
    and two and a half hours later, I wrote you a
    LONG email praising your sense of humor and intelligence.
    The rest, as they say, is history.

23. Newvegasbadger says:

Congratulations! Outstanding! Tell you what, should you ever find yourself in the Land of Ten Thousand Lunatics,,,,er,,,,,Lakes and in Minneapolis, look me up. I’ll buy for you a round or two at my favorite bike bar. I’ve been reading your blog for years now. I think I can across your blog shortly after discovering WRSA and checking out the blogs they like to read. So my dailies are Moonbattery, WRSA, Free North Carolina, Daily sheeple, SNAFU, What I enjoy about your blog, is that I when I leave it, I have done so, after having learned some thing new. So good sir, Thank-you.

24. Sail Man says:

Arctic Patriot stopped his blog, so I had to go somewhere lol

25. Bibliotheca Servare says:

Just wrote a comment on number 5 after listening to the video. Because why *not* comment on a year-old post? Yeah…
    Oh, and congratulations!

26. Nick says:

What about macing the hippy?