That’ll just make ’em puke

(CNN)-Talk about cruel and unusual punishment!

The Canadian town of Kensington has hit upon a genius plan to detract its residents from drinking and driving this holiday season.
Not only will the cops charge you, they’ll also blast Nickelback while they haul you to jail.
The Kensington Police Service laid down the law in a Facebook post over the weekend for those “dumb enough to feel they can drink and drive.”

This entry was posted in Drunks, To Serve.... Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to That’ll just make ’em puke

1. KH says:

How the hell has canada survived as a country?
    I assume the Police Dept. there is staffed with high school students.
    What stupidity….

2. Padawan says:

I love Nickelback.

3. Larry says:

I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice folks.

• SemperFi, 0321 says:

I went up to central B.C. about 15 yrs ago, could not believe how clean everything was and how polite the people were. It was like going back to the 60’s but better.
      Americans like to bash Canadians, but I’ll tell you what, they have it all over on us in every way, except their stupid gun laws. If it weren’t for that, I’d be living in B.C. today instead of Wyoming.
      I was born in Vancouver, moved to L.A. when I was 1, and have always been proud to be an American. And the last thing I’d ever do is bash Canada, it’s a great country, with wonderful people, who are almost like us, but nicer. Kinda like on “Leave it to Beaver”.
      I don’t know why, but they never devolved into the nasty rude fuckers we find here in the US, somehow they managed to maintain civility and manners.

4. James says:

I actually enjoy a few of their songs,I Wanna Be A Rock Star a great tune,follows the Juke Box Hero/ Shooting Star/Long Way To The Top/Ziggy Stardust song writing/subject with a great take on it.

5. SemperFi, 0321 says:

As a former Canuck, I like Nickelback.
    Beats the hell out of country music, which is actually an oxymoron.

• Padawan says:

Ugh. My mom is a country music fanatic. She acts like it’s the only genre that does and should exist.

6. Unclezip says:

They could inflict more damage with John Denver. Or even Engelbert Humperdink.

7. JeremyR says:

Go for cruelty in the extreme, play Justin Bieber crap. and just head it to the mortuary.
    Hey Joe, we got another one, beat his brains out against the cage.

8. ExpatNJ says:

“If you play a Nickelback song backwards, you’ll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forwards you’ll hear Nickelback”.

– David Grohl, http://www.noisemademedoit.com?dave-grohl-on-nickelback.