A better mousetrap… er, snow shovel

You can thank WiscoDave for this tip.

This entry was posted in Tips and tricks, Videos, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A better mousetrap… er, snow shovel

1. gamegetterII says:

Why use the flat shovel in the first place? Those things suck for shoveling snow.
    Either use a freakin snowblower, or a shovel that you can move snow with.
    If we have to dig through deep snow we use a #12 Ames grain shovel.
    For sidewalks and parts of driveways/ parking lots that can’t be done with a plow- we use wide shovels with a curved “blade” so you can just push snow the edges like a plow does and maybe have to throw a few shovels full.
    Gotta remember-I do this for a living every winter. Every kid we hire to shovel/ snowblower sidewalks quits because it’s too hard-so I do the damn sidewalks myself. Son in law has helped for half of last year- after 3 new kids quit- and is helping this year because 15 bucks an hour shoveling and throwing salt is easy $$$ since half of it is driving from one account to the next one.
    Last night/this morning was fun- scraping a half inch of snow, sleet and freezing rain mix off the sidewalks so we could salt them.

2. PawPaw says:

I’ve got a better idea. How about move to some place where it doesn’t fucking snow? That was my answer to shoveling snow. Moved to Louisiana. I haven’t even seen a snow shovel in years. They don’t sell them here.

• Tennessee Budd says:

Amen, PawPaw. Never shoveled snow in my life; that’s one reason I came home to TN. If Florida had any damned hills, I’d live there, but I can’t spend long anywhere that flat.

3. Al_in_Ottawa says:

Kubota F2000 with a 48″ snowblower attachment. Three passes and done.

4. Paulb says:

Even though I’m no longer a Masshole, I still talk wicked good. While this was interesting, the guy’s utter lack of an accent makes me uncomfortable. I know it’s western MA, where they have old hippies, meth and Vermont’s sex offenders, but even so. Guy could at least clip some R’s or something. You know. Cah. Pahk. Retahd.
    The rope’s a pretty pissa idea. I’ll try it if I ever lose my mahbles and move back to MA.

• Timbo says:

Sounds like an upstate New York guy to me.

As to the idea – idk man, lifting thousands of pounds of snow with a rope, sounds like your hand would getted fucked up pretty quick. Maybe I’m wrong. Cheap enough to try!

5. James says:

A interesting idea,willing to give it a try.That said,guy was in a salt/sand house with a Ford bucket loader behind him,seemed a perfect fit for his drive!

6. SemperFi, 0321 says:

The shovel is a great idea, but his beer gut will still do him in.

7. Greggbc says:

What an idiot. Buy a Snow wovel and do it right.

8. Grumpyguy says:

Snow blower. The best $300 I ever spent.