A follow up from yesterday’s post

After news spread that Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz was buying personalized shotguns for his offensive line this Christmas, the players were quickly offered another gift: gun locks.

The gun-violence-prevention group CeaseFirePA said it was sending gun locks to the Eagles players who were receiving the shotguns from Wentz.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A follow up from yesterday’s post

1. Padawan says:

I was waiting for tbe hoplophobes to finally put a hand into this. If I were one of the Eagles players who received a trigger gun lock I’d send it back “postage due” with a nice little note saying where the lock can better be used.

2. Anon says:

Correct me if I am wrong, what are all firearms that are sold as new come with gun locks already?

3. Unclezip says:

Just re-route those locks to Chicago, where they might do some good.

4. Richard says:

CeaseFirePA demonstrating their ignorance:

In October 2005, as part of the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, Congress passed and the President signed into law legislation making it unlawful for any licensed importer, manufacturer or dealer to sell or transfer any handgun unless the transferee is provided with a secure gun storage or safety device.1 A “secure gun storage or safety device” is defined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(34) as:

(A) a device that, when installed on a firearm, is designed to prevent the firearm from being operated without first deactivating the device;

(B) a device incorporated into the design of the firearm that is designed to prevent the operation of the firearm by anyone not having access to the device; or

(C) a safe, gun safe, gun case, lock box, or other device that is designed to be or can be used to store a firearm and that is designed to be unlocked only by means of a key, a combination, or other similar means.

5. crazyeighter says:

I’ll bet they weren’t personalized gun locks though.

Cheap bastards.

6. CC says:

I have a gun cable lock; it’s temporarily replacing the gate lock – gotta get that fixed!