Greg Lake dead

One of the founding fathers of progressive rock, the British musician is known for songs including In the Court of the Crimson King and his solo hit I Believe in Father Christmas.
He died on Wednesday after “a long and stubborn battle with cancer”, said his manager.
The news comes nine months after Lake’s band-mate Keith Emerson died.
Keyboardist Emerson died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, coroners in the US said.
Also here at GREGLAKE.COM

This entry was posted in Music, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Greg Lake dead

1. Angeleyes says:

And we’re left with kanye west and justin beiber and “new” country. FTW, let me off.

2. mark says:

sad. another of my music favorites bites the dust. grew up with all their music.

3. Tom W. says:

May he Rest In Peace. The first time I heard ELP, was right after my Mother was blasting the Moody Blues With the London Symphony on Days Of Futures Past. Traffic with Steve Winwood soon followed with the obligatory Jerhro Tull. I could go on, but suffice it to say, what an amazing talent that has left us. For the record, John Glenn passed today as well. An American Badass.
    We need to remember these folks. From musicians to astronauts they made things happen in our upbringing, culture, and mindset.

What a Lucky Man He Was.,.,,,,

4. Damn, I remember camping out in the swamps in Florida listening to ELP, back when musicians made music.

5. What a voice toward the end of his long string of many hits.
    Their concerts in the 70’s when Palmer was playing the piano on a rototating grand piano 20 feet in the air. Wow.
    Rap or Rock?
    What will stand the test of time.

6. Alexander says:

When ladies dressed nicely & sang beautifully, no twerking needed.

7. urbaner says:

Music takes me way back when it is REAL music being created !
    The kid across the street taught me many things as I watched his garage band play. ELP , Nektar , Muddy Waters, as well as the popular “progressive rock” of the day.I saw ELP play in Boise Idaho two decades ago. A smal crowd showed up.Mostly people too young to know who they were hearing.I can’t remember the girl I took but I remember the concert mostly! Up close and personal at the Pavilion. Now it’s named after Tacos.What has the worlds come to?
    Rest in Peace GL.

8. pdwalker says:

Shame. We’ve lost another Giant.

9. CC says:

And every day there are fewer of US, and more of them.
    Shit.