Two inch barrel accuracy

This entry was posted in Guns, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Two inch barrel accuracy

1. taminator013 says:

I used to load a lot for a buddy who has a 2 in Colt Detective Special. It always amazed me how good he was with it when we went to the range. Some days he would shoot better groups at 25 yards than I did with my 1911. Even when I had an especially good day he was still pretty close.

2. Roger says:

The real problem with hitting a target at a distance beyond 10 feet is not the snubbies accuracy but the short sight radius. Like he says, practice makes perfect. My S&W 640, (stainless steel, hammerless) will hit a 4 foot high popper fairly consistently at 50 yards after a bit of practice.

3. Unclezip says:

After teaching the Baroness how to point-shoot, she got pretty good with the Model 36. What I’ve noticed with the J-frame and similar snubbies is people consistently point low until they learn to ignore the sights and just shoot the damned thing.

A lot of that is they anticipate the recoil and dip it just as they’re pulling the trigger. I figured that out when I saw where a guy at a shooting class had set a video camera to the side of his new shooters to show them. When they saw they were doing it the problem was cured.

4. Elmo says:

I’m tickled to see I’m not the only person that likes to shoot a short barreled revolver at 25 yards.

5. Miles Long says:

A dear friend left me a 5 shot Taurus 44 Special with very crude sights that will consistently hit 6″ circle out to about 30 yards with warm 240gr. handloads. Good enough for me. It’s a house or camping gun though. Kinda bulky & no speed loaders to be found. I make full cylinder length shotshells out of 30-40 brass. Pure hell on snakes at 10 feet.

6. Lame-R says:

I’d heard 38 Special wasnt fast enough to mushroom hollowpoints very well, and that old round nose loads would tumble. Don’t know how true any of that is, can’t remember the last time I saw 38’s in a gel test…