Dylann Roof get the death penalty

Just a few hours after he told a crowded courtroom “I still feel like I had to do it,” Dylann Roof was sentenced to death by a federal jury for carrying out a cold, calculated massacre inside Charleston’s Emanuel AME Church in a bid to spark a race war.

The 12-member panel – three white jurors, nine black – deliberated for a little less than three hours before unanimously deciding that the 22-year-old white supremacist should die for his crimes rather than spend his life in prison without the possibility of parole.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Dylann Roof get the death penalty

1. Padawan says:

I’ll supply them the bullet. And I won’t ask for my .36 back.

2. Mike says:

If he was so dead set on killing blacks he should have went to the south side of Chicago and took out some gangbangers but he probably didn’t have the balls to try that. Pussy.

3. Newvegasbadger says:

Just hope that if they are going to execute that POS, then hurry up and do it. There is zero doubt that he did the deed.

4. Gordon says:

Its hard but its fair.

5. Andy says:

Earlier comments are correct, this semi-retarded fuck stain needs to be put down. If it was me being the judge, I’d first solicit volunteers from the families of the deceased to end his life.

6. elric says:

The guy is in his early 20s, which means 50 or 60 years of living in a 8 x 10 cell, almost never getting out.

The guards would hate him, blacks would be jumping at the chance to put a shiv in his kidney. Hence he’d be looking over his back, always.
    \
    Maybe I’m just mean, but to me that sounds worse than simple “lights out.”

7. pineslayer says:

Can’t happen quick enough. Some bleeding hearts will drag this out until the US has spent a million bucks on his sorry ass. Maybe send him into S. Chicago, announced, unguarded. Give those worthless murderers something to do for 5 minutes.

8. Odysseus says:

On the bright side Mr. Narcissism’s “I’ll represent myself” has severely limited available appeals that can be used.

9. Winston Smith says:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What WAS his defense, if I may ask….?
    I think all death sentences should be carried out in 1 year max or the convict turned loose. I am SICK of paying room and board for the scum of society.

I agree with you to some extent such as this one where he’s guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt and admitted to the crime. Unfortunately there’s been more than a few people on death row that have been cleared completely of the crime.
      I do believe in instances such as that, their appeals should take priority and be fast tracked. If he’s guilty, carry out his sentence. If he’s innocent, set him free and let him get on with his life while he still has a chance, not twenty something years later.
      My 2nd cousin sat on California’s death row for something like 21 years before they gave him the needle which in my opinion was 20 years and 6 months too long. He was tried, found guilty and his partner in crime turned State’s Evidence. None of his appeals were even worth hearing, he was just playing the game.
      Keith Daniel Williams – google him.

• Winston Smith says:

You gotta remember that I shoot my mouth off when I read about ‘people’ like Roof. Of course there needs to be some brain cells applied. And I don’t mean letting murderers (which are different from killers) off on technicalities. Theres some crimes where the perp needs to be shot in the street where you find him (usually those involving children, old people, dogs, etc), some that need to go to trial, and some where a medal should be considered.

I aint real big on lighter sentences for ratting out your buds either. Same crime, same punishment. Technicalities are a bad joke. Cops (or anyone) lying on a murder rap need to get the same punishment that they lie about.

Hell, I’m a long term proponent of promptly executing all felons but after tightening way up what constitutes a felony. He needed killin is a valid defense imo. Drugs? Why should I care what someone smokes? Now if he smokes meth and buggers a child, as a juror, itll be the ‘torture/bullet where you find him’ and then a medal for the guy cleaning the gene pool.

((damn, over a car))

and I see I am shooting my mouth off again.

10. Padawan says:

The article says it was three white jurrors and nine black ones that sentenced him. I wonder if rhr sentence would’ve been different if those numbers were reversed.

I doubt it given his confession and evidence. I would’ve convicted him.

• rayvet says:

I noticed that, but then read another article where it said 3 blacks and 9 whites. So one of the articles got it wrong, I just don’t know which one. I’m sure you can google it but I’m too lazy.

11. nonncom says:

So much for white privilege…/s….so do they pull the switch tomorrow or what?….

12. bogsidebunny says:

Don’t worry about 20 years of “appeals”.

In a few month’s his tanned “pals” in the Pen will save the State of SC the execution costs.