Neil Young

This is the first song that I really noticed and appreciated the background singers – by the way, it was Joni Mitchell. Dear Lord, when the woman started wailing starting around the 2:35 mark it almost brought me to tears even then.
The song has a special meaning to me, too much to go into now. Maybe someday I’ll tell the tale.

This entry was posted in Music, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Neil Young

1. Canada Boots says:

The Last Waltz. Best musicial documentary EVER. To bad ole Neil’s a batshit crazy moonbat now. Hard to listen to him anymore.

2. Wade says:

“Southern man don’t need him around”, no that’s to easy.

3. Robert Evans says:

These days Neil is hanging around with that washed-up actress Darryl Hannah, who has managed to alienate him permanently from David Crosby, among others.

4. Dano says:

Goddamn granola chompin commies…Neil and Joni. Wouldn’t piss on them to put out a fire.

5. Jive Talkinfool says:

I’m a big Neil fan. When I lived on the west coast, I would attend the Bridge School Benefit Concert–both days (sat evening/Sunday afternoon thru evening).

I’d not heard or seen this version of the song before–thanks for sharing.

Mr. Wirecutter, I’m certain I’m not alone in wanting to know your story related to this song. When it’s time and you’re ready, please do share.

6. Hillbilly says:

Helped build a buffalo fence for him up on Skyline ranch when I was 17 or so. Only met him a couple of times but he use to surprise everyone and show up at Boots and Saddles in La Honda. Tryout a new song on us. He was always real nice to everyone.

7. grayjohn says:

Joni Mitchell? Damn. When he did MTV unplugged one of his singers was Nicolette Larson. Talented moonbat, and one of a kind.

8. Darrell says:

Find Young’s live in Berlin concert from the early ’80s, it rocks, and might surprise you a bit. It’s on youtube. He has quite a band backing him up, including Nils Lofgren.

9. D S Craft says:

Full Canadian lineup there with the exception of Levon Helm. Oh, Canada.

10. Timbo says:

Young is one of those those guys that brilliant shit just poured out of him.
    I’m not a believer in a God, but there is something – another bandwidth??
    Shit just flows from the either through creatives like him.
    Early on, and for a few years, the amount of really great material he cranked out is hard to believe.

11. Sarthurk says:

Well, that’s an idiot savant right there. Brilliant and totally F**kin crazy all at the same time.

12. I never really got over the whole ‘Southern Man’ thing, it was just so over the top PC Bee Ess, the needle moves back a bit for Harvest Moon so there’s that.