Damn, and I just bought that new doublewide

This entry was posted in White Trash. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Damn, and I just bought that new doublewide

1. Padawan says:

I once worked with someone who once told me they were traveling somewhere in the Midwest and we’re listening to the weather about a tornado that was about to come their way. He just happened to look up in his mirror to see it zip by about a half a mile behind him.

2. Pete H says:

‘Reminds me of a joke; What do a tornado and a redneck divorce have in common?

Come one or the other….. someone’s gonna lose a trailer…

3. John Deaux says:

I saw a site like this while riding through the middle of Bumfuck, Ok. once.
    Pucker factor x 10

• Judy says:

I-35…Perry, OK exit, one in front of you and one behind you. Frogger doesn’t have any thing on a little game of Tornado Alley Chicken.

• POd American says:

Anywhere in Moore, OK. It’s the city where almost no house seems to reach an age greater than 5 years! Those familiar with this end of the country immediately know what I mean.

4. Middle Englander says:

It’s this limey again. What’s a ‘doublewide’?

Double wide mobile home, moved onto property and used as a permanent house, kinda like a modular home.
      The newer ones are actually pretty nice.

• AbbyS says:

My wonderful hubby and I live in a brand new mobile home, single wide. The double-wides were anywhere from $70,000 to over $90,000. Hubby still wants to put a basement under this one, so he can set up his model trains. Hey, every fella needs a nice hobby :)

• Middle Englander says:

Thanks – I learn something new every day :-)

5. Robert says:

The exchange between Middle Englander made me laugh out loud. And the first part is a fine example of how civilized people communicate.

And what Judy said at 1536 is an excellent comparison.

A few (too many) years ago I was a ham radio Skywarn spotter for our county. I was once otherwise occupied and could not go into the field, so I decided to go to the garage for a few minutes and listen to the Skywarn net on my radio in the car as things were looking “interesting”. A spotter called out “tornado on the ground location xyz heading abc”; net control becomes a bit excited, saying “Get out of there! Get out of there!” I laughed as the spotter calmly replied “I’m backing up as fast as I can. I’m OK. Relax.” I stopped laughing when I realized he was about 1/2 mile from me and I was directly in the twister’s path. I look behind me to see a WALL OF AIRBORNE FARM FIELD DIRT. I ran for the house and, to my horror, saw my wife with baby in arms, standing there watching me run towards them. I’m yelling “Get in the basement! Get in the basement!” Later, she said “Y’know, normally I never listen to a thing you say, but there was just something in your voice then…” We’re divorced now.