I think we’ve found the problem

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to I think we’ve found the problem

1. Padawan says:

Would that happen to be that old copper wiring that’s insulated with cloth and/or cardboard? My house is full of that stuff.

• Exile1981 says:

Our industrial facility gets cooling wayer from the city water treatment plant. Our water comes out before final treatment.

Every year we have to go in and remove 40 to 50 lbs of used condoms from our inlet system.

I’ll take roots in the pipes over condoms.

2. Richard Argentieri says:

Since I’m a child of the 60’s “Call Roto-Rooter, that’s the name, and away go troubles down the drain. Roto-Rooter” that’s the first thing that came to mind

Rich in NC

3. Jim Jerzycke says:

Our sewer line from the garage to the rest of the system looked like that. We had the back yard dug up, and the line replaced with ABS pipe.

4. dumbplumber says:

From experience there is a crack somewhere in the pipe. Find it and fix it or there will be roots again in a few years.

5. 1980XLS says:

Probably Weeping Willow tree roots coming up from the Septic System.

Those trees are relentless looking for sources of water.

Size looks small though. Almost looks like electrical PVC pipe (i’m an electrician)
    Hard to tell from the Pic.

6. PawPaw says:

Been there, done that. Ain’t no fun.

7. Tim says:

I am assuming then line wasn’t used, otherwise you have to wonder what took so long for them to realize there was a problem

8. jimmie mason says:

Bought a house that had been empty for 3 years that had that problem. When we pulled it out it was almost 10 feet long.

9. LC says:

See that all the time. Willow trees are the worst, followed by Mulberry & Maple. Any tree will do it though. I’ve seen roots in tile drains with the nearest tree being 50 to 60 feet away. I’ve also seen 30 inch diameter reinforced concrete pipe plugged by tree roots. Willow tree.

10. Tal says:

I think we found the root of the problem.