On This Day

The Waco siege was a siege of a compound belonging to the group Branch Davidians by American federal and Texas state law enforcement and US military between February 28 and April 19, 1993.The Branch Davidians, a sect that separated in 1955 from the Seventh-day Adventist Church, was led by David Koresh and lived at Mount Carmel Center ranch in the community of Elk, Texas, nine miles (14 kilometers) east-northeast of Waco. The group was suspected of weapons violations, causing a search and arrest warrant to be obtained by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and action taken upon support by President Bill Clinton and Attorney General Janet Reno.

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, History. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to On This Day

1. Jared says:

I had a friend who lived down there at that time. He said the media wasn’t allowed around part of the compound but a local station had filmed fire coming from the government vehicles. He said they were quickly cut off.

2. James says:

My parents/and other family members talked about their “Kennedy moment”.Waco was my “Kennedy moment”,had a lot of distrust of govt. but a open massacre of US citizens by govt. really nailed it for me,that along with the Weaver family death changed me forever in how I viewed govt.,shame folks had to die to wake me and others up.

I knew then the insanity of Waco would bring about more insanity in response,was saddened but not disappointed in that.

3. realspark21 says:

…this incident was the topic many discussions in a law enforcement academy about arrests and search warrants for possibly dangerous targets. …my opinion and modus operandi, if anyone cares, is to get people when they are away from the strong point or castle….I have learned that almost everyone I have had to arrest goes to Wal-Mart or Target or ‘da club or the gym or mama’s house at some point. …with that in mind I endeavor to get them waking to a car (store bags in hand when possible, loading the car instead of a rifle) or at a place where they are weakest/less observant. …they are usually taken with minimum issues on all sides. I rarely go into the stronghold unless absolutely necessary.

Please apply this info as needed, particularly since bad guys also look for when you and your wife/daughter are most vulnerable and worrying about texting or bags.

PS Janet Reno and Co-Presidents Bill and Hilary are going to hell for that fiasco and cover ups…the twist about some of the people killed on the government side will continue to fuel tinfoil hatters for as long as there are conspiracy theories. …crazy

• James says:

Real,the then sheriff of Waco who was soon to retire said basically that,that Dave came into town and the sheriff informed the feds of this,bad end to his career though no fault of his.

Frontline when they had the balls to do real investigative journalism did a episode on Waco and then another a year later entitled Waco revisited,on the net and well worth watching.One of the saddest parts is watching the Waco sheriff in tears as he speaks about the whole fiasco.

• Oh yea, that went real well for Lavoy Finicum!

4. Free Citizen says:

Thank you for reminding people about the murders at Waco. The wife and I had met some of the Davidians at the Amish auction in Clarita OK. We found them to be very friendly and outgoing. That bus that was run over by tracked vehicles was parked next to our van at the auction. I had also done business with them at various gun shows in Oklahoma and Texas where we also had some tables set up. The govt is quite capable of murder as we all well know. Please take the time to refresh yourself about what went done at Waco and what the “fake news” did to promote it.

5. ignore amos says:

Janet Reno never served a single day in prison for this atrocity. Burn in hell, Janet. And take the Clintons with you.

• POd American says:

She’s already there making up a king-sized bed of coals for their imminent arrival.

6. John Deaux says:

Whatever your beliefs about religion and the exercise of, Waco was an attack on the rights of all citizens to live their lives as they see fit.
    The city of Whacko has a long history of aiding the feds in civil rights violations and has a problem with letting citizens be free to make decisions for themselves
    I’ll spend a dime in that place.

7. Newvegasbadger says:

Notice that not a single illegal firearm was shown to the public to justify the military raid on the compound. And how the “narrative” changed from illegal firearms to child abuse. Once the LEOs lost control of the situation as it dragged out, it became an ego/power trip by the LEOs. They had to make an example out of Branch Davidians at Waco to show that defying the Fed.gov and their enforcers will get you killed, and your children will be burned to death,

• crazyeighter says:

Yes. “Child abuse.” Something that would be handled by the County Sheriff’s Child Protection Services, not a Federal TAX agency.

• warhorse says:

something that actually WAS handled by CPS..and they found zero evidence.

then there was the “meth lab” they used as an excuse to get the helicopters and the not-mounted-on-the-helo-so-the-helo-isn’t-armed machine guns that they used to strafe the place in preparation for the raid.

I wish Soldier Of Fortune magazine would digitize those articles and put them online. they covered everything.

• crazyeighter says:

“something that actually WAS handled by CPS..and they found zero evidence.”

Now THAT I haven’t heard/read before. I thought the official reason for the raid was Koresh’s unregistered “full-auto” AR-15, which the ATF plant knew was a “bump trigger” and reported same back to his bosses well before the raid.

Of course, the ATF budget being up for review and the ATF being under investigation for sexual harassment and their “Good Ole Boy” picnic couldn’t have influenced anyone to go ahead with the raid…

8. Stretch says:

I watched the Charlie Foxtrot on a TV while working at REDACTED.
    I said “Someone’s going to prison for this.”
    The FBI agent that was “co-located” at our location said “Don’t bet on it.”
    I’ve since become much more cynical.

9. warhorse says:

and the democrats wanted to put the one in charge of the whole thing in the white house.

the only other person still alive that knows the truth and doesn’t have the last name clinton is webster hubble. if hillary had been elected you can bet he would have gone into hiding.