Fucking A

A 21-year-old woman with Down syndrome fulfilled her lifelong dream to present the weather report on French television last week despite previous state rulings banning those with the condition from television.
Mélanie Ségard presented the weather report for the evening news on channel France 2 on Tuesday, March 14, drawing an audience of more than 5 million viewers.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in News, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Fucking A

1. One of the many Bills says:

Why would they ban “those with the condition” from TV? What year is this?

• Unclezip says:

Because this (from the article): the “inappropriate” images might bother women who had chosen to abort their babies diagnosed with Down syndrome.

2. Doonhamer says:

Good on her.
    And good on you for finding this an posting it.

3. WiscoDave says:

Over 90% of babies diagnosed with Downs are aborted in France.
    Wouldn’t want those “mommies” to feel guilty about their choice…

4. Steve Brown says:

If the lass can do the job, then let her. What’s wrong with a Downs syndrome person giving out information? It’s the information which is important, not the presenter.

5. ChuckN says:

I just love the fact that this has happened so soon into the
    rule of Le Pen rather than any of the previous ‘tolerant’ leftists.

• Jack Crabb says:

Except as of now, there is no “rule of Le Pen”. The election has not taken place yet.

6. pigpen51 says:

Gotta love the French. Reminds me of the sale ad for a French military rifle. For Sale. Mas 36 French Military Rifle. Never fired, only dropped once. I know several people with Down Syndrome. They are some of the best members of society, and contribute more than half of the left wing, nutjobs who do nothing but complain. I am sure that my friends get upset, but I have never seen them show it. They are always in a good mood, just happy to be alive, and try to make sure that others are as well. I take that back, don’t have to love the French when they have laws like this. Send them more refugees.

7. Steve_in_CA says:

Bravo, what everyone else said.