Nope. Never will, either.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Nope. Never will, either.

1. Jim Jerzycke says:

I do my best to stay as far away from New York City as I can…..

Why anybody would want to live in the city packed together like sardines is beyond me….

2. .45-70 says:

Not times square, but michigan avenue in chicago.

Donuts, figure 8’s…..friggin awesome

3. Sarthurk says:

I see at least five. But no! I have no clue what socially redeeming value I would possibly get out of going to NYC.

4. Stretch says:

I stopped on Memorial Bridge, DC at 0430 hrs. one snowy morning. Walked to the edge. Watched the ice flows on the Potomac. Park Police officer pulled up, walked over, said “I love mornings like this.” We exchanged high fives and went on our way.

5. RonM says:

I don’t know about Times Square. Can’t remember exactly, it’s been such a long time now. But real close to Times Square. This was back in the early ’60s when I was in my early teens. Usually around 5 or 6AM on a Sunday morning in and around the Garment District, on streets that were ordinarily packed with cars. But catch the city at the right time and the right place on a Sunday morning and there wasn’t a car to be seen as far as the eye could see. It always struck me as ironic. Though I was born in NYC, I grew up in small towns in Kansas, and here I was in the largest, busiest city in the USA, and what did it remind me of? A Sunday morning in one of those small Kansas towns.

6. Grandpa says:

Some things leave lasting impressions… my ex always wanted to go to Nuevo York, why? I never really understood. City girl, I guess. Not me. Nope.
    Lasting impressions…
    “I had a good friend in New York City
    He never called me by my name – just hillbilly
    My Grandpa taught me how to live off the land
    And his taught him to be a business man

He used to send me pictures of the Broadway Nights
    And I’d send him some homemade wine
    But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
    For forty three dollars, my friend lost his life…”

Nope. Closest I’ve been is Atlanta, and that was bad enough. When you feel like pulling a gun for real, almost every waking hour – just… nope.

7. California southpaw says:

I hate cities, thank you.

8. H says:

I’ve been to NYC once, or maybe twice if you count just flying thru JFK. It was everything I imagined, and more.

The cab driver into town definitely spoke English as a second language, or perhaps third or fourth. He demanded an additional tip to remove our bags from the trunk. The porter at the hotel gave him a good ass-eating and told him to get the effing eff outa there. The porter tuning up the cab driver was the high light of the trip, as far as I was concerned.

We heard gunfire on the way into town. BANG-BANG-pop-pop-pop-BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG. Air conditioner was not working in the cab so we had the windows down and it was definitely a gunfight. Mrs. asks, what’s that? Nothing, honey, just a backfire.

Everything was expensive. Some of the food was pretty good, but some of it was effin’ awful. Streets and sidewalks were dirty, but it would have been a great place to get a fake Rolex for sure.

Got to see a Guardian Angel in a nose-to-nose shouting match with somebody looked like should have been in a zombie movie.

Cab driver back to the airport was an American. He asked where we were from. We told him, and he said he bet we were glad to be getting out of this shit-hole. We couldn’t agree with him more. Once was twice more than enough.

9. idaho bob says:

Nope. Never been to NYC. Never had ANY desire to go there. Never will.

Bob

10. somedude says:

times square, its a street corner folks, leave it NYers to even lie about a street corner. if you want to see squares that are entire blocks go to E Europe. yeah, had a half day trip, made 1/4 a day till i wanted to leave, found nearest place to eat in relation too the bus stop and stay there till leaving time. fuck NYC…..

11. Dax says:

New York city- I spent a week there one night.
    I have to go there sometimes for business, visited the Astor (the place you post the pics of the free candied bacon- I ate it all- heh)
    Never in my life have I been in a crowd of people like at Times Square- and it was a Tuesday at 2330- now I know what a trillion people feels like.
    Best view of any city is in my rear view mirror.