Springtime in Tennessee

Beautiful today, a slight breeze with temps hitting about 75 degrees.
Supposed to fucking snow Saturday.

This entry was posted in Tennessee, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Springtime in Tennessee

1. Ragnar says:

Same here too. About 30 miles NW of Richmond.

2. Tenringzen says:

At the first sign of snow you can expect a run on the grocery stores with every container of milk, loaf of bread, and carton of eggs gone in a matter of minutes. We refer to the phenomenon as The French Toast Apocalypse.

3. B says:

NW Indiana.

60 to 20 in one day.

45 today, flurries this evening at 6:30.

4. Rooster says:

Welcome to Winter in the south brother. Don’t like the weather? Give it a minute, it’ll change.

5. eastwoodswife says:

A fairly consistent rule in Tennessee, it’s not really spring until Easter

• Tennessee Budd says:

Yep. I’ve seen snow in early April.
      I don’t expect anything out of this one, but it’s been a pretty damned good winter–which, to me, means barely any winter at all. Then again, I’d be in Florida, if I could abide flat land. I have to have my hills, though.

• Dickweed says:

I’m in Florida and my grandmother always told me the winter is never over till Easter. She was so right. It could be 90 for weeks before and in the 40s on Easter. After Easter it never cools down only gets warmer. That woman was so smart and wise. She could cook the best fried chicken in a skillet. Did I mention she was blind. Amazing woman.

6. Shell says:

Welcome to the South, compadre. :)

7. Rain, snow and sleet on Saturday. I haven’t heard about any freezing rain or ice, Thank God. Freezing temps Saturday night. Cold and miserable on Sunday. Another chance of snow/sleet/rain on Monday into Tuesday. All next week is supposed to be nasty. Saturday, you will need to cover any plants you have out that have started to bud/bloom, that might save them. The local peach and apple orchards are looking at major losses for the year with this freeze.

8. singlestack says:

LOL. That’s what you get for living in the northern part of the South.

9. Coyote Hubbard says:

Not too weird. I run a weather station that reports to NOAA’s MADIS system and Weather Underground. The coldest day of this year here so far happened on Jan 12 at 7:11 AM at 20 degrees F – The hottest was Jan 14 at 2:01 PM (Pacific time) at 60 degrees F.

Only two days this year here between the coldest and hottest days.

10. .45-70 says:

*** Don’t like the weather? Give it a minute, it’ll change. ***

If I hear that one more time….I’m gonna puke. Everybody in every state says that like their weather is ‘special’

11. California southpaw says:

Boo hoo. We’re still trying to find out how to keep our guns.

12. Jeffery in Alabama says:

I was talking to a friend of mine just south of you in Portland and he said north central Tennessee might get a couple of inches Saturday. I agree with TN Bud. I know back in the early 90’s it snowed 22″ in Birmingham on April Fool’s Day!

13. Grandpa says:

One of my fondest memories of northwest Georgia… the crazy assed weather… of course, here in the desert it ain’t much different in spring, Sunday morning it was 34 degrees, went up to 57. Monday and Tuesday it warmed up some, Wednesday was 71, today it was 80. On the front porch right now at about 2300, it is 57. But the beer is 35 degrees, go figure.

14. Al_in_Ottawa says:

Could be worse. Saturday’s high in Ottawa will be 10F and sunny, with -6F at night. The jet stream has dipped down.

15. Sarge says:

Don’t forget …. tornado season is right around the corner !