Who in the hell keeps livestock in their house?

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Who in the hell keeps livestock in their house?

1. Granny says:

Baby goats, kids, need to be indoors if it’s freezing outside.
    Cougars, bears and Moose have to fend for themselves.

2. Kimberwarrior45 says:

The young kids are brought in and bottle fed because it makes them accept people when they grow up and for 4-H presentation. I know because I have had to put up with them for many years while my daughters raised them for 4-H and to sell to others. They are really cute and almost like dogs but you just cant house train them.

3. Leigh says:

Last month, my brother had a runt piglet in his house. It was the only way it was going to survive. It was way too cold in the pig house for it, and the sow had no interest in trying to raise it. After two weeks, it thought it was a house pet – though their cat wasn’t real impressed.

Leigh
    Whitehall, NY

4. rightwingterrorist says:

People who were born in a barn, destined to live like animals like animals.

5. Andy says:

Don’t laugh, We had a mini pig. She was housebroke, played with the dogs, the cats, and the chickens. Had to give her to a new home though and now she has children to play with all the time.

6. Exile1981 says:

Muslim’s new child bride?

7. Soapweed says:

Guess I are are one of them disgusting sorts…, but during a blizzard when a calf is found with low body temps, shivering hypotherm etc, I’ll put them in a truck cab in an old sleeping bag and drive back to the mothership w/tub and shower them w/ warm water to bring them back up to temp. Dry them off and warm under a heat lamp. If they can make sammiches, they can stay. If not, herd mamma into a pen/shelter and reunite them with a infrared heater to keep them happy.
    Obviously the little kid in the picture could make sammiches. Just got a bit high centered during the cleanup phase. Might be a prospect for a long term muzzie matchup……..

8. Sluf says:

That there is some Muzzy pron for sure.

9. Annie says:

Baby goats aren’t that bad, especially when they’re small enough to fit in the extra large dog crate that you have handy. Then you only have to vacuum up the hay that escaped the crate. Chicks on the other hand are messy (even in the same extra large dog crate lined with cardboard to keep chicks and shavings in) and the longer you leave them in the basement because you don’t have a heated space outside for them the worse it gets. Thick layers of dust all over everything. And the dust is at least partially dustified chicken poop. NEVER AGAIN

10. steve tompkins says:

we brought our rabbit in for the winter. put a few puppy pads down, she’s no problem.

11. Cederq says:

When I raised goats in Alabama in the cold winter I would bring day old kids into the house to keep them warm at night and would put disposable diapers on them. I wasn’t going to let my paycheck die because of them not being in the house, when you raise livestock you do what ya have to do to keep them alive.

12. ZedBob says:

Goat was screaming alright…..kinda like I was just trying to help that sheep over the fence.

13. Oswald Bastable says:

“…already excited by the screams of distress, Achmed was about to become more aroused than ever before…”

14. We usually have a bottle lamb or two each year that must be kept inside due to the cold and it’s mother unwilling or unable to care for it properly. Of course they stay in a big dog crate while inside because of their lack of control over bodily functions. From what I have seen goats are pretty much like sheep in that I do not think they even realize when they are leaving droppings around. Urinating they usually take a stance but defecating they don’t seem to stop what they are doing or even notice when it happens.

My mother also has a house chicken, sometimes two. A couple of the old hens we picked up from a poultry farm really don’t know how to be proper chickens but they learned if they roost in the dog crate on the porch at night mom will take them in. Every morning she takes em back outside. When it is cold or raining though they often refuse to leave the dog crate and beg to come back in. I can’t work in my shop with the door open or leave the house door open either because they will walk right inside and make themselves at home.