I’m thinking this ain’t the Dollar General

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to I’m thinking this ain’t the Dollar General

1. Jared says:

Yeah, I’m thinking that’s not my local walmart either. It looks good, but I bet it still smells like someone beat a skunk to death with a salmon.

2. Padawan says:

Holy hell. I’ve never seen a ladies room that fancy before.

• Padawan says:

There should be an either at the end of that sentence.

• urinals says:

No, there shouldn’t. I like it just the way it is.

Padawan looks at a row of urinals and says “I’ve never seen a ladies room that fancy before.”

Perfect comment.

• Exile1981 says:

There is a little family diner in Red Deer that has restrooms that nice and they clean and sanitize it often enough it smells clean too.

The wife said the ladies one has a chair like that in it for breast feeding a child if you want privacy.

3. Walt says:

That leather covered shitter is pretty sweet

4. guy says:

So…why the chair? If it’s for customers to wait for a stall to open, why not get rid of the chair and put in an extra couple of stalls?

Or at least a table and a deck of cards.

• Exile1981 says:

The one I know like this is for fathers to sit and wait for a little one to finish their business. From experience it beats standing outside a stall door waiting for the kid to finish a constitutional.

5. Goetz von Berlichingen says:

That’s not a ladies room….look for the clues.

This is just like restrooms you’ll see at any good-sized Silicon Valley tech company. With profit margins of 60%+ they can afford to do this. Walmart with profit margins of 1-2% cannot.

6. pdwalker says:

Many years ago before I embarked on my overseas adventure, my mother took me aside and said, “now remember, the most important thing you must do first is find out where all the nice toilets are”, she being experienced in these regards.

So, in my first day, there was a very nice (and quite famous) hotel near the slum I was staying in that had an accessible washroom very similar to the one pictured above. Immaculate, with full time attendants keeping the place immaculate. And this in a place where most washrooms are the kind where you should firebomb them first before entering.

Pure Heaven and with some of the most comfortable bum wipe I’d ever experienced. Like a cross between silk and felt.

Move forward a few years and my mother comes to visit. First day, she comes back to the (slightly improved) slum tenement I was living in and says, “I found the the nicest washroom…”

I interrupted her and said, “was it in Hotel X?”

“Yes, how did you know?”

“I also found that one in my first day here, just like you told me to do”

Sadly, the secret got out, and a few years later, the hotel renovated the washrooms out of existence (or maybe hid them better).