CharlieGodammit

Kicking back on the back porch this morning:

On patrol. He does this several times a day, walking the perimeter of the property, always counterclockwise, just smelling and pissing and shitting his way along. I haven’t got a clue why he does it:

This entry was posted in CGD, CharlieGodammit, Tennessee. Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to CharlieGodammit

1. Devil Tongue says:

Damn nice Crib you and Mrs. Lisa have there Kenny, CGD is just making sure the other dogs in the neighborhood know where his boundary is and not to cross it!

Funny, but we also have no coyotes, possums or coons either. There is a groundhog that lives in that treeline but as soon as he sees CGD come off the porch his ass is gone.

2. That porch area looks EXACTLY like my cousing Jim’s house.
    They put in a slate stone path though. The slate came from their hillside and is like stepping stones across a stream. It would look great at your place too.

Nah, just more shit for me to mow around. It already takes me 3 hours just to mow (and I do that every 5 days) and another 2 to weed-eat the property.
      If I can’t fit a riding lawnmower around it, it ain’t going in.

• anonymous says:

Good plan – putting plants against the house’s foundation is a pain in the ass to maintain, especially when weeds get entrenched.

CGD is on Sammy Patrol, wants to put a bite on crime . . .

3. riverrider says:

he’s also accessing the animal communication hub. there are messages encoded in all the piss and crap wild and domestic animal leave every night as they make their rounds. the who, what, when, where, how of critters. put up a camera, you would be surprised what comes by at 3 a.m.

4. One of the many Bill's says:

You must get lots of hummingbirds.

Funny, I was thinking of doing a post about that.

They’re just now starting to show up again on their northern migration.
      During the summer we’ve usually got anywhere from 2 to 6 around the porch at any given time.

• Terry says:

Do the post. When we lived just east of Memphis they would show up April 10th. Like clockwork. And leave by the 15th of October. Wife loves her hummingbirds. A friend in N. Mississippi would get them several days before we did. And call my wife to rub it in. Every damn year.

• One of the many Bill's says:

We set the feeders out on May 1st. We usually see them within a day or two. Amazing little things. We use 1 cup water to 1/4 cup sugar. Boil and cool. Better than what you can buy and without the red food coloring and way cheaper.

5. Angel says:

What are all those big green things in the background?

6. Walpurgis says:

You do this with any dog that you bring into your house or property. You walk em around the edge so they know that it is THEIR property, and to watch the bounds of it for intruders. His marking, what I call the Pmail system, is to notify other animals of the edge, the possession, and the warnings. It also lets other animals know his/her sex, health, and overall mood. Plus a lot of shit I don’t know about and animals care about.

I do like the word P-mail, or Peemail as it were.

Except I never walked him around it, he took it on his own to do it.
      Not only that, but he’s never wandered off the property, even to check out the neighbor’s cattle.

• crazyeighter says:

All that and CGD still has landmines left to deposit in front of the shop door. Now that requires planning.

7. Granny says:

Thanks for the photos of the ‘Big Boy’. He looks like the king of all he surveys. Nice porch Lisa.

8. bogsidebunny says:

Lookin’ great, Wirecutter!

9. RonM says:

Nice photography there, too, Kenny. Cropped cellphone pics?

Amazing how quickly some dogs adapt to new surroundings. I’d be worried mine would run off.

10. Roger says:

Ya really want to mess with his head, go around and piss in or near all the places he pisses.
    It might take a 6 pak or two but then watch his reaction.

I’ve got coyote piss in an aerosol can and I’ve used that before. It drives the fucker insane. He gets all huffy when he smells it.

11. Zilla says:

He is gorgeous, Kenny!

12. arf! luis says:

Ever think of putting CGD out to stud? We all love that dog and some of us might like a pup from him. Oh, nice house.

13. Jerry says:

What’s the coil of power cable for? Old something, or future development?

We have a dusk to dawn security light mounted on that pole and it was here when we moved in. I’m thinking about dropping a stub pole in right outside my shop and running power to it from the light pole.

14. Elmo says:

Charlie’s place in the sun.
    Does get out of your way when you walk up the steps or does he not move and make you go over him?

It’s about a 50/50 shot on which way that rolls. Actually most of the time he lays in the grass in front of the porch. It’s easier on his old bones.

15. John S says:

I wonder if them ol’ dogs is mostly south paws, the Jack Russell I had also prefer’d a counter clockwise security sweep. She wouldn’t eat her kibble from a bowl, had to have it in this 6-7“ rubber ball thing that she’d roll around in a mostly counter clockwise pattern as it dispensed kibble bits from a lil’ hole to her. If’n she had to get it started with her paw, it was always her left one. Same with bone hold’n, her left paw dominating. Gotta love them goofy bastards…