In case you were wondering…..

​NEW ORLEANS – Parts of the monuments to Jefferson Davis and P.G.T. Beauregard, which have been removed over the past week are currently sitting in a city maintenance yard next to piles of trash in the Desire neighborhood​.
MORE/VIDEO

*****

My position: I know for a fact I had relatives fighting for the Confederacy and I can pretty much bet with certainty that I had relatives fighting for the Union. The area I live in now sent more soldiers to the Union Army than it did to the Confederacy. I ain’t picking sides over a war that ended 152 years ago.
But….. I don’t give a damn if I was born and bred in Maine, history is history. Leave it the fuck alone.

This entry was posted in Liberals, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to In case you were wondering…..

1. J says:

i’m curious as to the history of the statues themselves. who carved the molds? who made the casts? who commissioned them to be made? why were they erected where they were?

2. Jackdaddy63 says:

I hope the ghosts of 1000 Civil War soldiers torment the dreams of those that instigated, planned, and executed this travesty.

I didn’t think the libtards would go all ISIS on us, but I guess I underestimated them. Won’t do that again.

3. .45-70 says:

I’m a Yankee. CW veterans from, Iowa, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. We paid….a lot.

I think the warriors from the Southern states were honorable in their cause.

This horseshit about removing CSA statues really pisses me off.

4. The Rat Fink says:

There’s not much difference between the Leftists who do this and Communists who burn books, persecute Christians or the Taliban who blew up The Buddhas of Bamiyan. It’s how they re-write history to suit their own sick, twisted, totalitarian mind-set.

5. RHT447 says:

So when do the book burnings start? Bastards.

Offered without comment—

6. Sunny says:

Chicken shit sons of bitches! They have no inkling of what honor is. I have nothing but contempt for the whole lot who were involved in this “dark of night” crap. They can eat shit and die.
    sunny

7. Unclezip says:

NOLA is now a sanctuary city for ISIS. Fuqem and their goats.

8. Jesse Bogan says:

Book burnings? Fuck that noise. Leftard burnings. Coming to a neighborhood near you. RE Lee, the next statue to go, is my great however many times removed uncle…

9. arc says:

Saved the video just in case Google starts its own cleansing.

10. The Rat Fink says:

Thanks for posting the Civil War video. Valuable footage. History is.
    And in the end they were Americans.

11. What does this fix? Are we suddenly going to see the ghettos turn into bastions of education,family & responsibility? Of course not. This is fretting over a hangnail when you’ve been Bit in half by a shark. Nothing will fix the black community until they decide to fix themselves.

12. somedude says:

the Radicals are not getting rid of the pan-African red black green….wasn’t it the black Africans that pillaged the villages and sent their folks into slavery. then, we have the African Muslims, shit they are still doing it today….Boko Haram. so it is not about Slavery. it is about removing the idea men stood against a tyrannical government.

13. Jerry Tribble says:

Lying bastards. Have the same kind of shit going on at The U of Texas Austin campus. Snowflakes days are number.

14. mauser98 says:

just starting ..this is just a test…real re-writing of history to follow
    real book burning on way

15. 15Fixer says:

“Half of writing History is knowing what to leave out.” Malcolm Reynolds

16. Dirtydog says:

NOLA is just another 3rd world hell hole without its history. Mayor Landrieu said the city had bright days ahead. I think the city was at its pinnacle 152 years ago and it has been downhill since. Maybe they should claim they are the birthplace of Abe Lincoln. Or that Louisiana was a free state and part of the union? Let’s rewrite history

17. RonM says:

Are they for sale? I’d pay a “couple of bucks” for them. If the city regards them as garbage, it ought to be willing to let them go pennies to the dollar. Then I could store them out of sight out of mind until after the sportiness. Then donate them back to sons and daughters of the Confederacy. At least that’d safe them from being destroyed.

18. Andrew says:

I had family on both sides, blockade runners and cavalry in the South, infantry and supply in the North. From what the family history states, none were slave owners, and some (mostly the family from Ohio) were rampant abolitionists.

The respected gentlemen from the South served honorably and nobly their governments, both Federal and Confederate.

This shit pisses me off. They are denying me my history, and their history, all because of ‘feels…’

Now, the city I live in is a quandary. The city council is now just getting around to thinking about renaming a bus depot currently bearing the name of that bloated tick Corinne Brown. And the dindoos on the east side are fighting renaming a pos piece of ground because… it is their people, their history.

Oh, the irony. Strong, well thought people whose statues stood for a hundred years get removed because of blacks, yet a craptastic bus station will likely remain named after an ignorant, petty grafter who stole from the very people who she supposedly represented.

I know, modern times.

Fuck modern times.

19. warhorse says:

I live right next to a town that no longer exists..Hawke,NH. during the early days of the civil war they raised a confederate flag and refused to contribute any of the local militia to the war. they marched army units from boston up to hawke, and when the commander of those units tried to take down the flag, someone shot him.

the “battle” lasted nearly a month. eventually hawke was broken up into 3 towns and they were forced to comply.

20. Inukshuk says:

Isn’t this just the Progressive Taliban?

21. Jeffery in Alabama says:

What those leftist are doing in NO is no different than what ISIS is doing in middle-eastern countries when they destroy ancient works of art, statues, temples, etc. which conflict with their beliefs. As many have said, regardless of which side is what, these statues/monuments are still part of our nations history and only ignorant idiots view them as “symbols of a shameful past” (Mayor “yellow belly” Landrieu). If the left really wanted to whine and moan they should try and do something about this fact:
    “In 1860 there were at least six Negroes in Louisiana who owned 65 or more slaves (that is just 65 or more the avg. number was 1-5) The largest number, 152 slaves, were owned by the widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards, who owned a large sugar cane plantation. Another Negro slave magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000 (3). That year, the mean wealth of southern white men was $3,978 (4). ”
    Taken from : “Dixie’s Censored Subject: Black Slaveowners”, published in The Barnes Review, Robert M. Grooms furnished several examples of Black slave owners in the USA.

The “War” had about as much to do with freeing slaves as the monuments do about “keeping the black man down”

22. Truth is the statues weren’t removed, Jefferson Davis and P.G.T. Beauregard took a look around them at the pesthole that New Orleans has become and got down and left.

23. Judy says:

Our Nation’s history is what it is. There are parts of it that are nothing to be proud of, but to deny it or not teach it means we are doomed to repeat it. To paraphrase George Santayana, and it seems Sir Winston Churchill weighted in on the subject, too.