Now it’s Delta’s turn to be assholes

A California couple were told they’d be sent to jail if they did not give up their two-year-old son’s seat on a Delta flight, they have claimed.
Brian and Brittany Schear allege they were also told their children would be taken from them, and have now demanded an apology.
It is the latest controversy around overbooked flights in the US.
Mr Schear claims a member of airline staff told him: ‘You have to give up the seat or you’re going to jail, your wife is going to jail and they’ll take your kids from you.’

*****

Seriously, why would they sell something they don’t have? Would you patronize a business that sold you something, waited until you had it in your hands and then said “Whoops, somebody more important to us than you needs that. Give it back or we’re going to take it back and then you’re going to jail”?

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Now it’s Delta’s turn to be assholes

1. AzDesertRat says:

Stop flying. Simple as that. If you can drive to your destination in 12 hours or less do it. Yeah, flying will get you there much quicker, but no one is going to boot you out of your own car. And you won’t get strip searched getting back into your car each time you stop to stretch your legs or take a leak.

Seriously folks, STOP. FLYING. I have. This isn’t going to change until the airlines start taking financial hits. And I say this as a guy who makes his living in aerospace.

I made up my mind to quit flying when TSA came on the scene.

• Stop flying says:

I generally agree and that’s why I’ve only flown twice since the TSA began. But look at the flip side AzDesertRat — in these days of declining freedom, I’ve been pulled over without cause merely for having out of state plates. And in these days of civil asset forfeiture bullshit, it’s mostly sheer luck (and the Lord’s grace) that I wasn’t “booted out of my own car”. So while I agree that it’s best to stop flying, it isn’t a clear cut decision, and I find it hard to judge those who continue to fly. Until we take back our country, I think we’re all just rolling the dice no matter how we choose to travel.

2. David says:

Bottom line just plain old fashion greed, contempt for their customers & piss poor leadership

3. crazyeighter says:

My answer would be “Call the fucking cops then; and in two weeks you’ll be working for me right up until I fire your ass.”

Delta– “Don’t Expect Luggage To Arrive”

4. Hillbilly says:

Here take the kids, we’ll be back in a week or so. Do we owe you anything extra for child care?

5. smoyer72 says:

Airlines today are run and operated by venal shitheads. Hopefully this family will sue Delta as other airlines have been sued recently.

6. POd American says:

“Airlines today are run and operated by venal shitheads.”

Delta like many other airlines used to be good….FYI, Deregulation in the 70s and the influx of management garbage from American Airlines in the mid-90s didn’t help. Just pick an airline, find their executive management, and then follow these assholes from one airline to another (management is inbreed).

Reminds me of our degenerate shithead Feral Elected Officials.

7. Roy says:

Unfortunately, it isn’t just the airlines. Take a look. A lot of old name corporations have succumbed to what I call “management by spreadsheet”. They don’t know a damn thing about customer service and don’t really care. All they care about is their next quarterly report, so their entire management style becomes a very short term “cost uber alles” game and a race to the bottom.

8. singlestack says:

I read these stories about people being abused by TSA and the airlines and I think, “You volunteered for this when you bought your ticket. Shut the fuck up, asshole”.
    I have no sympathy for anyone who flies at all.

9. Okie says:

I had a business trip to Baltimore with an allowance for airfare…….
    I drove and pocketed the money !
    I barely made it to the hotel to shower, put on a suit & tie and make it to the required appearance on time and not look like I’d been driving for twenty four hours !

The last time I flew the whole process was too rigid and uncomfortable.
    Never again…..

10. Howard E. Dennard says:

All this and TSA too. Please apologies to me. SUE THE IDIOTS. boy have Americans become whimps. I lost the election, now I have PTSD, Kick me off a flight, lose my luggage, threaten me and “all” I want is an apology, you have to be kidding me. My wife and young children get felt up by a TSA sub-human and I think it is keeping me safe to be kicked of my flight? you got to be kidding me.

11. Shell says:

He bought the ticket for his teenage son, sent that son on an earlier flight, and tried to use the ticket for one of his little children. Those tickets may not be transferred to someone else’s name nor used by anyone else. Period. It says so on the ticket. He should have read the fine print. He didn’t, so tough titty for him.

12. pdwalker says:

…and American Airlines breathes a sigh of relief…