15 too many

This entry was posted in Cool Pics. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to 15 too many

1. lineman says:

Oh come on Kenny you enjoy being around people that share your values and that small of village I’m sure does that so it wouldn’t be that bad…You wouldn’t be blogging if you couldn’t stand people;)

The nice thing about blogging is I’m here, everybody else is over there.
      And to be honest with you, the blogging got out of hand in a big way. I never ever expected to have so many readers. Don’t get me wrong, I really enjoy brightening (or fucking up) somebody else’s day, but damn….. it’s like a full time job without the pay.

• Jack58 says:

Two things – (1) if everyone who got an iota of kicks from your site took the trouble, plus cost of a stamp, to send a couple of bucks you’d be loving your post-retirement full time job.(2) For some reason after perusing that waterfall and factoring in human bravery/ stupidity/ intoxication – do you think anyone’s every jumped off that bastard?

I figure I’ve got about 10,000 daily readers – if every one of them contributed a buck or 2 a year, it would be worth my time and trouble considering I spend about 5-6 hours a day 7 days a week looking for and posting material. Only thing is, I can’t ask them to do that because now I feel obligated – hell, I feel guilty when I take a rare day off because there are folks like yourself that do contribute fairly regularly.
          I figure I bring in about 50 to 75 bucks a month – sometimes more, sometimes less – and that’s all from contributions. The folks that advertise here do so for free because they’re so generous with their products (I do get samples, no lie there) I feel bad about taking their money.

Second thought – maybe that’s why there’s only 16 people in that settlement. Hell, there can’t be much to do there except drink and harvest pilot whales if that is in fact the Faro Islands.

• kennymac says:

Are you familiar with Patreon? You have loyal readers who would pitch in. If 2.5 % of your daily readers pitched in $2 per month that would be $500 per month. And it’s their choice. Just a thought.

2. Picturerock says:

Faroe Islands. Wild country.

3. Emily Summer says:

Wow, where is this?

4. "RAF" says:

Doug and Picturerock are right. This is Gásadalur on the Faroe Islands, a part of the Kingdom of Denmark.

5. SAM says:

It’s now up to 18. Gásadalur (Danish: Gåsedal) is located on the west-side of Vágar, Faroe Islands. The pic is from a Stamp number FO 453 of the Faroe Islands, 2003.

6. CW says:

More specifically, Gásadalur, located on the west-side of Vágar, Faroe Islands, and enjoys a panoramic view over the island of Mykines. Gásadalur is located on the edge of Mykinesfjørður, surrounded by the highest mountains on Vágar.

7. H says:

I looked it up on Google Earth – talk about the middle of nowhere – and couldn’t figure out how to get there. You could see cars parked by buildings and there was a road, but it didn’t seem to go anywhere. Turns out there’s a tunnel.

8. Elmo says:

14 too many. You forgot Lisa.
    Somebody had to say it.

9. kennymac says:

I like the isolation, but the wind must be terrible. I wouldn’t want to live somewhere where it was windy all of the time.

10. Doonhamer says:

OK it’s Denmark, but where are the windmills?
    And the pigs? (Mmmm, bacon…)
    And how do you launch your longship?
    This is where the rich go, helicopter , to avoid that shit.
    Probably financed by windmills.

11. Padawan says:

I’m pretty sure this is the Faroe Islands which is under the rule of the Kingdom of Denmark. They are exempt from the rule and laws of the European Union and part of their culture includes harvesting of the Long Fin Pilot Whale, which is part of the diet of the Faroese people. The metal band Tyr (from the Faroe Islands) came under fire some time ago and has faced massive backlash because their lead singer posted a picture of him harvesting a whale from a hunt.