More folks to keep your eye on

In the infancy of the Trump presidency, a new community defense network is espousing anti-racist and anti-capitalist politics to build coalitions in cities, small towns, and rural areas across America.

Redneck Revolt recruits predominantly poor and working class white people away from reactionary politics. The organization advances an analysis of their class condition and white supremacy’s role in upholding the wealth and privilege of a small, white elite.

Redneck Revolt inserts themselves into overwhelmingly white spaces—NASCAR races, gun shows, flea markets in rural communities, and country music concerts—to offer a meaningful alternative to the white supremacist groups who often also recruit in those spaces.
-Monte

This entry was posted in Liberals. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to More folks to keep your eye on

1. Mark R says:

Just a recruitment tool to be abused by the lefties.

2. SgtBob says:

Sorry there, bubba, but you lost me at “The historical failure of neoliberalism to present sustainable pathways out of poverty or a meaningful safety net for American workers is scarcely contemplated.”

3. Alexander says:

Ginger is asking the guy behind her where his colors & sunglasses are. Uh oh..

4. ED says:

Rural areas LMAO! They are a joke if you ever seen any of their vids.

5. Critter says:

You can’t recruit rednecks while sipping a soy latte

6. ‘he white supremacist groups who often also recruit in those spaces.’

Who dat? The only ‘recruiting’ I’ve ever seen was the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts…

OH! THOSE White Supremacist Groups! (I forget, which one is the patriarchal one?)

7. friendofman says:

If the words “Sustainable” and “Community” appear in anything I read I know it’s leftspeak.

8. Reese Bobby says:

Sounds like Shaun and his boyfriend are totally clueless as to why working class whites and poor blacks are not aligned? How can two complete idiots get their names in the paper without accompanying mugshots? Black on white crime? Affirmative action? Chimp outs in public schools? Drug culture, rap music, BLM and the myth that cops only shoot negroes…….these are just a few reasons poor blacks and whites aren’t sitting around singing kumbaya. Poor white will turn on Trump too if he let’s them down.

9. singlestack says:

This is an offshoot of Antifa. Be prepared to kill them.

10. pdwalker says:

Divide and Conquer

11. Tennessee Budd says:

Well, damn! If I’d only known, back when I was living in trailer parks, that I was in a “rural ghetto”, shit, I’d have just turned into an anarcho-socialist filth-gatherer! I could have exposed the violence inherent in the system!
    Phoenix chapter of John Brown Gun Club–aren’t they the bunch that put out the laughable video of their “firearms training” awhile back, wherein they fired from maybe 7 yards & hardly anyone could hit a torso-sized target?

12. warhorse says:

if we can’t use the N-word. they are no longer allowed to use the word redneck.

it’s a fair trade. which means they’ll hate it. tough shit. that’s our word. you don’t get to use it.

13. Mike Papa says:

Heres the rub…asians & most working class latinos will side with white ppl all said & done.

We are all victimized by the same demographic & we all know what they look like.

Shit, mexicans are thinning the herd as we speak in south central LA.

14. M. Sage says:

Hahaha. I’ve been to my share (or more) of gun shows, circle track races, and country music concerts… and never at a single ONE have I seen white supremacist or even white nationalist groups recruiting.

I’m far from worried about this group. Their range day video is laughably bad (including the shitty music).

Are you intimidated? I’m sure not.