Behind Every Successful Man…..

I’m the happiest I’ve ever been in my life right now.
I’m finally in the place I always dreamed about and I’m sharing a home and a life with the wonderful woman that was responsible for it.
She’s the woman I’ve always wanted and whether I want to admit it or not, needed – she’s a great cook, keeps a clean house has a fantastic sense of humor and most importantly, puts up with my shit. Wait, let me re-phrase that. She deals with my shit. Deals is a much better word. More than once she’s told me to back the fuck up and think about what I’m doing.
She’s stood by me with all the ups and downs that life brings and high-fived me if things worked out and hugged me when they didn’t. But she was always there and even more importantly, I knew she was gonna stick around for better or for worse.
We started with nothing and we still don’t have much – except each other and you know what? That’s cool. We’re both perfectly happy as long as we have each other.

Now maybe she’ll tell me where she hid my 357.

This entry was posted in True Stories. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Behind Every Successful Man…..

1. David Lawson says:

You are a very lucky man!

2. anonymous says:

Hid your .357 Magnum – were you going to go postal on a ‘possum ?

Finding that special person that puts up with our shenanigans makes life so much easier and fun. Its a two way street so make sure the other knows how much you appreciate them.

3. Bill says:

Ah Man!…That last line made me laugh out loud,an I don’t do that often.

4. Geoff R says:

If you’re gunna suck up and need something I have always found it better to keep it short.You can smooze a person with a lot fewer words,the more you add,the more chance you got for foot in mouth disease.Did you find it?.

5. Elmo says:

The Model 65? Why would she want to hide that from you? Isn’t that what you would use to protect her from the bad guys?

6. Richard says:

You’re a lucky man. And smart enough to know to count his blessings.

7. John Deaux says:

Very nice story, sweet, loving and caring.
    Oh look in her underwear drawer, women always hide stuff in their bra

8. B'Radical says:

A lovely tribute.

9. Angel says:

Stand your ground, Miss Lisa!
    I’ve got your six!

10. Angel says:

One of these days, I hope I have someone who loves me like this.

11. susan says:

Awwwwwwwwww…….SO SWEET!
    What a cupcake you really are.

(I found my perfect other too…it really does make life a bit of paradise :)

…BTW….I shudder to ask why she swiped it in the first place (?)

12. rotty2017 says:

Check her feminine products bag. I used to hide my candy bars there. The boys (2 kids and a husband) never thought to look there, ever.

13. Grandpa says:

Brother, I am so happy for you – and for Miss Lisa. Love like that is a rare thing nowadays, most seem ready to run the first time they don’t get their way. Steadfast love and commitment is the pearl of great price. God bless you both…
    As for the .357; I agree – it’s probably in her underwear drawer.

14. Gerry Smith says:

Living seven hundred miles away from my wife and kids makes me appreciate this even more.

15. donnie says:

You already have more than most. Forget the material crap. I know lots of people with stuff who have no contentment. I raise a beer to Your happiness! Hid Your .357? Hmmmm.

16. Deb says:

That Miss Lisa is always a step (or two or three) ahead of you. Who says she hid it? Maybe it’s in her holster.

17. Sail Man says:

I’m with a woman now who got out of a 30 yr marriage that went downhill from the get. She’s told me some things, the neighbor has told me more. She stuck with me and beside me while I dealt with my own long overdue divorce, to a woman who sounds like your ex WC.
    One of the thing that both of us learned, and what makes our relationship so special is that we both have a great deal of appreciation for each other. And I love doing things for her, and with her. Which amazes her as her ex did not.
    She is a simple woman, does not need a lot to make her happy, We live in a 29′ camper for the 6 months of “no snow” season on 3 acres of bliss with her horse, the deer, rabbits, coyotes howling in the distance. We’re struggling to save money for a sm house we’ll build and prey we find something to rent each winter, and if need be we stay in the insulated tack room when it gets to cold for the camper, like last Dec. until we found a place. This doesn’t faze her in the least and I tell her she has pioneer woman spirit.
    She hasn’t hid any of my weapons yet, but occasionally I find something she stashed and have a “aha, thats were it went” moment.
    And she has a great sense of humor, but can also dish out some great sarcasm from time to time. She sounds like your Lisa, and I can understand why your so happy as well.