Kimchi. Mmmmm, kimchi…..

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — A person who “passed gas” on an American Airlines plane on Sunday afternoon forced all passengers off the jet, officials said.

The incident happened when passengers on the flight became ill with nausea and headaches, according to a spokesperson with Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Kimchi. Mmmmm, kimchi…..

1. bogsidebunny says:

Cause: A dead gerbil residing in the bowels of a San Francisco resident for 6 weeks.

2. Sanders says:

Someone won the fart game forevermore.

3. Okie says:

Kimchi is some pretty foul stuff and it’s primary ingredient is cabbage. Combine that with other things that are considered acceptable fare in Asian cuisine and you have the potential for an olfactory disaster. If you make someone puke, it’s a win !
    Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving airlines !

“Holy fuck! What the hell did you eat?”
    “Road kill armadillo and kimchi, why,
    Are you offended?”

• crazyeighter says:

OTOH, try it in a Navy P-3 type airplane at altitude. (We were flying in the Med and “borrowed” a linguist from WestPac. Results were mixed; half of the people in the area wanted to beat the guy to death; the other half wanted him to share his lunch.

4. JFM says:

Man! I’ve farted pretty bad, but not that bad. “I fart so bad that I grounded a plane once”. That’s some bragging rights there.

5. Tom says:

My brother lived in an apartment above a korean family that made their own and then buried in the back lot for fermentation. The re-heating process caused him to move.

6. Tsquared says:

Been there, done that. It was a combination of Hefeweizen, pickled eggs, and brotchen with sauerkraut and white sausages. We were out on the town in Otterbach near Ramstein when we were notified our flight got moved up 2 days for a C-17 headed to the sandbox and we had an hour and a half to report. Our mission commander was a newly pinned major on his first trip to the sandbox. The Major tossed his cookies when it hit me 2 hours away from Riyadh – I had a major win. The gas attack lasted for about an hour.

7. Brother Mark says:

Cleared out the Limestone Grille, Feb. 11, 1981 on my birthday, Had dinner at the Red Barn, fish sandwich and onion rings. Did a SBD and cleared out the bar and then yacked the fish burger about 15 minutes later. Not the alcohol, food poisoning. Once the evil was out, the 21st celebration was on.

My buddy Vince, an Army vet and I were the last ones to hit the patio. I’d pointed at him as the source and he insisted that a monumental event like clearing the whole bar actually was something to take credit for. I still blame him to this day.

8. foul odor says:

Well, I’m just glad that MY farts don’t stink.

9. Robert says:

!) I like kimchi.
    2) Ain’t no way one, ok, multiple farts, are gonna gas out the volume of an airliner.
    3) Who wants to team up with about 20 vets, down too much kimchi and boiled eggs (no balut, I have limits) and try to get an entire airport evacuated? I’m on vacation another 4 days… Bwaahaha!

BTW, as I type this, there isn’t even a breeze outside but the NWS says multiple hazards are in effect and there’s a big-ass tornado warning box on the radar. I don’t care, I fulla tequila and OJ. Life is good!

I’ve got a jar of storebought kimchi in my refrigerator right now. It ain’t bad for storebought, it burped and fizzed when I opened it. It ain’t genuine but it’s close.