So much for Trump’s staff following the Constitution

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions said the Justice Department will issue new directives to increase the federal government’s use of civil asset forfeiture, a controversial practice that allows law enforcement to seize property from suspected criminals without charging them with a crime.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to So much for Trump’s staff following the Constitution

1. Jack Crabb says:

Just another cocksucker that deserves a nice hot date with a rusty chainsaw.

2. larryw says:

And the Clinton crime family trembles in its shoes…

3. USexpat says:

The swamp wins. Did anyone ever think otherwise? We hoped but not to be. Gotta go postal on these fuckers to get their attention.

4. ChuckN says:

Maybe Sessions will concentrate on using this to seize evidence
    from Clinton’s, deep state leakers and anyone connected to
    BLM or ‘anti-fa’. Hey a guy can dream.

I wonder if anyone in DC is bright enough to do this for the sole
    purpose of targeting libs and forcing them to shut the practice down
    side by side with actual constitution following people. Who am I kidding,
    the McCains and Collins of our ‘esteemed’ elected officials would find a
    way to screw it up regardless.

5. Timbo says:

Youve got to be fucking kidding.
    Too many adjectives to spew!

6. Sanders says:

I always had reservations about Sessions. I see by his actions, they were not misplaced.

They are calling him the “Invisible AG”, already.

7. singlestack says:

I was never a Trumptard throughout the election. In fact, I was pretty vociferous in my opposition to him.
    I’ve known about and despised him since the 70s. However I have to give the devil his due. Since Trump was elected, he has done some good, not the least of his accomplishments is the ongoing lefty freakout. I like how he thumbs his nose at the leftists and is making war with CNN. In foreign policy he’s (mostly) putting America first, which is a refreshing change from the last 16 years of open treason.
    One thing I utterly hate is his selection of Jeff Sessions as AG. I detest that police state SOB more than I despise Trump.

Hey, if you recall I supported Darrell Castle right up until the day I went down to vote. I knew Castle didn’t stand a chance so realistically it was either vote for Trump or that other candidate.
      He’s better than the alternative but I’m not real impressed with him so far.

• singlestack says:

Yes, I remember. For me, Trump’s sole redeeming quality was that he wasn’t the Wicked Witch. Unfortunately the election came down to a choice between bad and Chairman Mao level bad.

8. WoodBurner says:

From the Link…….

“ordered a review of all of the existing consent agreements between the Justice Department and police departments that were found to be violating residents’ constitutional rights.”

What the hell, if they have been found “Violating Constitutional Rights” whats left to review?

As always, wait & see, but it sure don’t sound good.

• what's left to review says:

WoodBurner, that line is badly parsed. What is is ‘supposed’ to say is that since the police departments violated residents’ rights, the DOJ stepped in and imposed consent decrees on the cops, in order to clean up the existing mess.

Unfortunately, both Holder and Lynch misused the consent decree process for political purposes, so Sessions ordered a review in order to find and fix the badly written decrees. Eliminating a consent decree restores local control.

That said, the real issue in his statement, the one likely to have the most negative impact on innocent citizens, is his expansion of civil asset forfeiture.

9. nonncom says:

“Put Americans first”….hmmm….I guess taking their possessions without cause is putting them first, in a perverted, twisted way…..hell, Jeff, why not just pony up some phony charges and stay away from the accusations of being the newest fascist on the block…./s…

10. Okie says:

These bastards lie awake at night, dreaming up new ways to seperate you from the fruits of your labor. Government is like The Blob. The more it consumes, the larger it grows. The larger it grows, the more it consumes, and you and your children and grandchildren are it’s food source …. We’ll just take your shit and fuck you ! You’re just another number.

11. CC says:

Didn’t think much of Trumps pick of “Good people don’t smoke marijuana” Sessions.
    I wonder if the hypocritical asshole would turn down a shot of 20-yr old bourbon, just because he’s so fucking holy..

12. Weso Phuct says:

“No criminal should be allowed to keep the proceeds of their crime”
    No, the government should!
    This means the government profits from crime, so why would they ever fight It? I can see lots of bad with this plan.
    “Let’s not arrest these guys, let them make a lot of money first THEN we arrest them!”

13. Phoenix8 says:

Asset forfeiture has become almost pure gov’t theft. It simply needs to be eliminated. Guilty until proven innocent… wasn’t that something the Founders were against? Not that anyone in power has much cared for the last 25 years.